What Are You Listening To Right this Second

thebes

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 7/9/2004 8:47:50 PM thebes wrote:

Come on you're on the Forum you must have something playing on the old Victrola.

Rules are simple, what's playing at the very moment you're typing a reply. No cheating!

I've got track #5, "invitation to the Blues" by Jennifer Wells. Actually penned by Tom Waits. Recommended to me a fellow Forum member.

----------------

"Don't It Sound Good" by Jennie DeVoe ... track #7 from her newest CD (just released) Fireworks & Karate Supplies.

peace, mitch

NOTHING 9.gif

I suppose it might seem an odd place to post this being a speaker forum and all, but I rarely listen to music (not even when driving in the car). I guess I prefer to keep music a seperate activity and try to listen to it only when I can give it my full attention.

Nightwish Oceanborn Track #7 - Moondance.

Just picked this up tonight. All I can say is "WOW!". Never seen/heard such an interesting mix of orchestral, operatic, and metal. Truly some breath-taking, and epic sounds on this one.

Just as I posted this, Track #7 ended and track #8 - The Riddler came on. I am just sitting here thinking holy$#!+! This is friggan incredible! Who says talent is dead in music these days? (woops, I remember starting a thread such as that - 11.gif) Just gotta go outside the "mainstream" to find the real talent now-a-days.

A bit late to this party but what the hell...

Right now I am in the office listening to Diana Krall - The Girl in the other room - and rather pleasant it is too...despite playing through creative speakers on a laptop via a USB Soundblaster Audigy thing.

----------------

On 7/13/2004 8:37:18 PM skonopa wrote:

Nightwish
Oceanborn
Track #7 - Moondance.

Just picked this up tonight. All I can say is "WOW!". Never seen/heard such an interesting mix of orchestral, operatic, and metal. Truly some breath-taking, and epic sounds on this one.

Just as I posted this, Track #7 ended and track #8 - The Riddler came on. I am just sitting here thinking holy$#!+! This is friggan incredible! Who says talent is dead in music these days? (woops, I remember starting a thread such as that -
11.gif
) Just gotta go outside the "mainstream" to find the real talent now-a-days.

----------------

Hey cool, Nightwish just happens to be my favorite band...it's neat to see another klipscher listening to them as well. Btw, if you like Oceanborn, you should check out "Century Child" and "Once" (two more great albums). "Wishmaster" is ok, but I don't think it was produced as well the others. For the record, I think I've listened to Century Child straight through about 400 times and I've only owned the album for about 7 months 9.gif

Ok, sorry for blabbing, but everyone really needs to give Nightwish at least one listen...they truly are incredible.