OT - WAY TO GO LANCE!

Parrot

With all the steriods, drugs and plain old overabundance of s???heads in the sports world - this guy is probably one of the few true sports heroes of our time. A bout with cancer, trained like a dog and persisted to the nth degree.

We can all learn from Lance Armstrong or we can sit on our couches guzzling beers and cursing the world. Its our choice.

Thank you Lance!

Teriffic for Lance Armstrong! That is quite an accomplishment for anyone.

Too bad he threw away his marriage and three kids to achieve this fleeting glory.

"No outside success can compensate for failure outside the home"

AWESOME LANCE!!! I have been following this year's TDF and wow!!! Lance is really something else!

He has made it to the history books as the ONLY biker to have ever won 6 (count them.... SIX) TDF titles... much less do it in a ROW fashion!

THREE CHEERS FOR LANCE!!!

9.gif9.gif9.gif

edit:

fleeting glory? i dont know about you but 6 has never been done. we dont exactly know the circumstances in his marriage so for you (or i) to judge him based off that is very erroneous and it is something we have no right to do.

Here is a link as to why Lance is soo freaking immortal on the bike.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5289509/

Just a synopsis:

1. Lance has a bigger heart (literally). About 33% bigger and pumps at a stable 32 beats at idle... 32?!?!?

2. Lance has a longer femur bone (thighs) than most men, thus he can apply more torque onto the bike pedals.

3. Lance has a much larger lung capacity (2x the average male adult).

4. Lance produces much less LACTIC ACID which causes the muscle cramping everyone feels when we do strenous aerobic exercise (i.e. running the mile back in high school).

5. Lance has 4% bodyfat.

----------------

On 7/25/2004 5:20:33 PM I Know Everything, Buddy! wrote:

Lance and the ENTIRE USPS team are all DOPERS. They are a disgrace to all honest sportsmen worldwide and should be banned from the sport.

----------------

Oh and who are you Greg Lemond? Get a clue.

----------------

On 7/25/2004 9:42:46 PM prodj101 wrote:

actually dopping is extremely common in pro biking...I'm not saying that he uses this procedure, but considering how many people have been busted for it or are suspected, it wouldn't really surprise me either.

----------------

No, absolutely no use of drugs. Here is an excerpt from an article a couple years ago:

******Because Armstrong is the best cyclist in the world, there is an assumption among some of those who follow the sport that he, too, must use drugs. Armstrong has never failed a drug test, however, and he may well be the most frequently examined athlete in the history of sports. Whenever he wins a day's stage, or finishes as one of the top cyclists in a longer race, he is required to provide a urine sample. Like other professionals, Armstrong is also tested randomly throughout the year. (The World Anti-Doping Agency, which regularly tests athletes, has even appeared at his home, in Austin, Texas, at dawn, to demand a urine sample.) Nobody questions Armstrong's excellence. And yet doubts remain: is he really so gifted that, like Secretariat, he easily dominates even his most talented competitors?

"It's terribly unfair," Bruyneel told me as we drove through the mountains. "He is already winning, and is extremely fit. Still, people always ask that one question: How can he do this without drugs? I understand why people ask, because our sport has been tainted. But Lance has a different trick, and I have watched him do it now for four years: he just works harder than anyone else alive."******

----------------

On 7/25/2004 9:42:46 PM prodj101 wrote:

actually dopping is extremely common in pro biking...I'm not saying that he uses this procedure, but considering how many people have been busted for it or are suspected, it wouldn't really surprise me either.

----------------

I agree

----------------

On 7/25/2004 1:11:05 PM Istari wrote:

Teriffic for Lance Armstrong! That is quite an accomplishment for anyone.

Too bad he threw away his marriage and three kids to achieve this fleeting glory.

"No outside success can compensate for failure outside the home"

----------------

I second that. I love cycling very much and followed Lance but when he dumped his wife and kids for sheryl crow I lost interest in his victory's because he failed the most important race of all.

• Like 1

----------------

On 7/25/2004 10:11:16 PM paulparrot wrote:

It's not like he stabbed his ex-wife to death, like that one football player did.

I do agree that Sheryl Crow is a nasty bird.

----------------

hehehehehehehe, poor ole O.J. Ya I hear what your saying though. It's just to bad for his kids and stuff the way he hooked up so quickly with crow. It just seems kinda hollywooded out to much for such a great cyclists.

• Like 1

If I remember correctly, Lance's wife left. Understandibly, she was tired of him being gone and living in Europe 2/3rds of the year. Still, she married a professional cyclist and all of that goes with the ceremony. He is tempermental and that is not easy to live with, I'm there, now.

i dont understand how people can lose respect for someone if they divorce.... thats his decision. his personal life is not in question here - he won 6.... thats all i care about. 50% of marriages end in divorce, so it aint surprising.

better question, if u had a divorce, would u lose respect towards yourself?

another thing, it seems that everyone is so quick to blame someone for "faults" they may have.

"i lost respect for him because he divorced his wife."

how about the fact that he is raising 22,000,000 for cancer research this year? does anyone ever talk about that? better yet, does anyone here do anything this great for their community?

and yet, conviction and judgement is such a luxury for those of us in the sidelines.