Norah Jones concert

jhawk92

OK all you concert-loving folks, has anybody seen the current Norah Jones tour? She's coming for a couple of dates here in Denver, at Red Rocks, and wondering if it is a good show to attend. Prices are a bit steep, $58 plus fees, so I'd be interested in what the folks think. Thanks.

Yes, Red Rocks is a great place for a show. Nothing like being outdoors, seeing the downtown Denver lights, and getting a near-perfect accoustical performance. I haven't been there in a while, and all my previous shows were good, loud, rock shows, so I'm interested in what a "quieter" show would be like.

DM-

Ouch, kinda harsh. Any specifics there? 1.gif

From what I understand, this tour just started about a week ago, so folks may not have seen it yet. But if anyone went to an earlier show, from "Come Away With Me" feel free to comment.

I have been seeing concerts since my first one wich was Ronnie James Dio in 1984 and it was 12.50. I cant rember the last time I went for 58. Just got back from seeing Van Halen in Las vegas, and in Fresno. Those tickets were 110 bucks. The damn ticketmaster fees alone were around 20 bucks. Thats B.S.. Id like to see Norah Jones I like here fist cd.

Rick-

Yeah, Red Rocks is a great place. I guess $58 isn't all that bad. My limit is about $75, unless there are extenuating circumstances. I was out on the east coast before moving back to Denver, so I know about high prices. I went to the Stones show in Hartford, got comp'ed tickets, and while I don't remember the face value, I do know that if they weren't free, I wouldn't have gone.

Edwinr-

Um, yeah, she's quite a looker. Those pouty lip...whoa momma! Good thing I'm at work while typing this. 1.gif

jerohm-

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check them out. I do have "The Living Room: Live in NY." I need to get her new album too.

----------------

On 8/17/2004 7:19:20 PM edwinr wrote:

Who cares whether she can sing? Just look at her! 3.gif

----------------

{EDITED, "a tiny bit"}: Yeah, she should be able get a few of those red rocks o**! 3.gif

{BTW: "ham-fisted missive" (I believe that is ham-"handed")} But, I could be wrong.2.gif

----------

"Yeah, she should be able get a few of those red rocks off!
3.gif
"

----------

Okay, maybe I'm the prude but, for me, this statement went just a tiny bit too far. 14.gif

Don't get me wrong, I'm a proponent of inneuendo in the right context: this was just a seriously ham-fisted missive attempted in an improper forum. I'll get over it. (Such is, of course, merely my personal opinion.)

Yours in Klipsch,

I'm not able to go, but one of my co-workers is headed to Sevierville, TN to see Bob Dylan and WIllie Nelson. They are touring through the summer, playing at small ballfields across the U.S.

The pirce for tickets was only $45.

http://cbs2.com/entertainment/entertainment_story_225165102.html

Marvel

----------------

On 8/18/2004 8:53:25 PM ric wrote:

yea sure why not, its a night out and shes not that bad. price is ok,...price here in ct. for phil collins is 170.00 plus fees. hows that grab ya......

----------------

Good Lord! I thought the nearly $60 plus Ticket Bastard rape fees I paid to go see Rush at the Nissan Pavilion was kinda steep. Was one hell of a show, though! 9.gif

I love jazz... Love vocalists like her...

But for some reason I just can't stand her.

I bought her new Orleans release on DVD it is uninspiring at best, she is just an average singer, singing songs mabe a slight notch better than any piano bar singer in a restaurant.

Don't know why I didn't come (you can miss spell it too)... yeah maybe hun, I will try harder next time..

And you thought Britney Spears was bad. "Hit me Baby one more time.."

70 percent of CD's sold in the year of the last CD in jazz were of Norah Jones. Sadly people hear this average singer and say oh yeah I listen to jazz...and have maybe 1-2 CD's.

I know this is my opinion.. She is not skinny, but not a BBW.... but closer to fat than skinny. Beautiful looks..?? To each his own. She can't talk her way out of an interview from the few times I have seen her too. I would like to hear her get better, get some stage presence, and last add something to the whole jazz vocalist genre. Like Tracy Chapman..her first CD was the best. It was different, thought provoking, and caught us off guard.

I wanted so much more. Her DVD was just a 4 at best 1-10 to me.

My suggestion?? Get the DVD, get a babysitter for the kids, and a good bottle of wine... crank it up and maybe your "performance" at home will at least end up better than her performnce on DVD.

Give me the Deftones any day. 9.gif You think $58 is spendy? Yes, I agree that's a lot to see Norah Jones. No offense, but I wouldn't go see her for free. However, bear in mind that this comes from a guy that paid $110 to go see Van Halen at Staples Center tonight. And a lot of you guys wouldn't go see them for free. As the story goes, to each his own. 2.gif