Klipschorns could still be yours.

Justintime

The fact that someone can't make a reasonable offer for these is certainly a mystery. I called Klipsch and they told me they are 1993. He said blk LAC now is not an upcharge. However,he could not refute or confirm the case back in 1993. Which means black is a personal preferance, and in no way worth less than other color combinations. I feel that someone suggesting one color combo,is worth less because it's not the same color as the ones they own, is inapropriate. Please refrain from this, it surely didn't help me make a sale. And telling me BLK LAC wasn't a $500 extra charge is calling me dishonest. And what is this piano finish crap? No top of the line Stienway would ever use rough oak wood for a mirror finish. Come on guys get real. I'll still consider LaScalas as partial trade,or a reasonable offer.

Thanks, to everyone's input. These K-horns have been SOLD!!! You can look but no longer buy.

Justin

post-14788-1381925780477_thumb.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Justin,

From my observation, the vast majority of forum members are a bunch of cheap bstards. 9.gif So, it is not anything personal at all that you haven't received an offer, or a satisfactory one anyway. I've offered several pieces of nice gear to forum members, as a courtesy, before putting out on Ebay or Audiogon. Sometimes you get an offer, sometimes you don't.

I would think that Audiogon would be a good place to list these Khorns, which I am sure are lovely. Be sure to take some good pics to post. That's a huge help.

They are cool looking. Not "piano black" (as justin points out) but (as apparently was customary at Klipsch) black laquered horns with rejected grain patterns (too weird/asymetrical, etc. for a clear or stained finish). So, you end up seeing the grain showing through, whether it's oak, walnut zebrawood, or giraffewood.

One problem you may be facing is it cost a small fortune to ship K-horns from one room to another let alone from one part of the country to another. Other than that is most people are looking for a deal (meaning absolute bottom floor price) I applaud you offering them up on the forum first. That is a stand up thing to do. I would love a set of Khorn's in any color but I lack the room for them. It also takes time for the right forum member to see the thread, some folks do not stray far from nest so to speak. Unfortunately Ebay or the like may be your best option. Good luck

----------------

On 9/7/2004 10:24:13 AM Royster wrote:

Hello,

I have a friend of mine that would offer $2,300.00 and pick them up. Interested?

Roy

----------------

Hi Roy, Maybe, I'm considering two guys on a part LaScala trade right now. Tell your friend to sweeten the deal a bit more and he may end up taking the cake.

Thanks, Justin

Gezz at $2300.00 usd i'd almost consider letting go of my 1989 AK-2 Totaly mint Black " B " style khorns .

Thats like $2300.00 usd X 1.33 exchange = $3059.00 canadian !!!

I paid $1500.00 for them last year ( thats like $1125.00 usd )

I passed on another black pair not more then 3 months ago for $1800.00 canadian . Also pased on a 1967 walnut pair a few weeks back that i went to look at for another forum member , they were $1600.00 canadian but would have costed that much again to fix all the BS applied to them by past owners.

Out of the 3 pairs of khorns i have right now , i think the black ones attract the most attention from first time viewers . Maybe because they blend in with the rest of the black HT gear ? Not sure .

Justin wrote:----------------

Hi Roy, Maybe, I'm considering two guys on a part LaScala trade right now. Tell your friend to sweeten the deal a bit more and he may end up taking the cake.

Thanks, Justin

----------------

DUDE- name your price, Forum folks don't like this hedging around. Name your $$$ and we will pay it or not. 'sweeten the deal', what am I supposed to send my sister around to your place, wax your car or what????? If the $$ aint' right say so!

----------------

On 9/7/2004 12:52:20 PM ShapeShifter wrote:

"I believe GA is only four hours from St Louis, I'm five min. off I-55."

St Louis, MO is approximately 9-10 hours from Athens, GA.

----------------

Shapeshifter, thanks for the info. What I thought was a one day deal would really be two.

Justin,