• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 9/17/2004 5:21:05 PM Guy Landau wrote:

Are they already playing music?

----------------

Making sounds would be more appropriate. They are far from being positioned properly plus the room nasty signature still overcome in the mix.

So lot's of work to do before being able to give any meaningful appreciation.

----------------

On 9/17/2004 5:32:04 PM Painful Reality wrote:

----------------

On 9/17/2004 5:21:05 PM Guy Landau wrote:

Are they already playing music?

----------------

Making sounds would be more appropriate. They are far from being positioned properly plus the room nasty signature still overcome in the mix.

So lot's of work to do before being able to give any meaningful appreciation.

----------------

You've probably been using the wrong equipment all of this time. What you really need is a good push pull amp with at least 60 watt or an HK 30 series receiver cause they sound best with Klipsch.......2.gif

----------------

On 9/17/2004 5:41:27 PM Guy Landau wrote:
You've probably been using the wrong equipment all of this time. What you really need is a good push pull amp with at least 60 watt or an HK 30 series receiver cause they sound best with Klipsch

----------------

Actually the latest and probably last iteration of my PP2A3 is now playing.

http://www.magnequest.com/diy_lessard_2a3pp.htm

----------------

On 9/17/2004 6:27:59 PM Painful Reality wrote:

----------------

On 9/17/2004 5:41:27 PM Guy Landau wrote:

You've probably been using the wrong equipment all of this time. What you really need is a good push pull amp with at least 60 watt or an HK 30 series receiver cause they sound best with Klipsch

----------------

Actually the latest and probably last iteration of my PP2A3 is actually playing.

----------------

Beautiful Khorns! Beautiful PP2A3!

Klipsch out.

----------------

You've probably been using the wrong equipment all of this time. What you really need is a good push pull amp with at least 60 watt or an HK 30 series receiver cause they sound best with Klipsch.......
2.gif

----------------

Finally Guy gets it!

Painful, you need to get those Klipschorns more than 6 inches apart from each other and put them in corners.

Well I'm back home, finally. I had one run-in with a moose on the dark roads of Northern Maine. Stuff went flying all over the truck, but I stopped in time.

It was nice to finally meet Jeff and put a face to all the emails. Thanks Jeff for a wonderful afternoon of setting up the Khorns in your beautiful old house, smoked meat, good conversation, and for being the first to hear those beautiful PP2A3's.

I'm sorry the sound wasn't better. I thought your Lamhorns sp? actually sounded pretty good; a little smoother than the Khorns and just as much bass at lower volumes. That is a tough set up you have with that room. Gonna take some work to get that straightened out.

The Khorns sounded better the closer you got to them, but they were simply lacking low bass. Cd's that I'm very famliar with were very thin sounding.

What fun though!

I can't wait to get the Horus' up and running.

Greg