Favorite low bass CDs??

Fiona Apple's "Sleep to Dream" has absolutely the most bass I have heard on my system. Fleetwood Mac's "I'm So Afraid" from their "The Dance" runs a close 2nd. This is from almost a collection of 1800 CDs. Run KHorns, Adcom GCD750, Adcom GFP565 preamp, Assemblage SET tube amp, and a Carver MKII subwoofer. The others listed (that I have heard) are great choices!

Steve

"Sleep to Dream" from Fiona Apple's first CD has absolutely the most bass I have heard..I have to kick the subwoof off when I play this! Fleetwood Mac's "I'm So Afraid" from "The Dance" has a lot of bass also! I run KHorns, an Adcom GCD750 CD player, Adcom GFP565 preamp, Assemblage SET tube amp, and a Carver MKII subwoofer.

Steve

Chemical Brothers, Crystal Method, and JS Bach are all sources that I use to enjoy my SVS 20-39CS :-)

Bu Bye,cwm9.gif

------------------

FOR SALE OR TRADE COMPLETE R*3 SYSTEM FOR 3 HERESY'S

Main System -

Cornwalls (L/R main)

RC-3

RS-3's (white)

SVS 20-39CS

Harman Kardon AVR 510

Hafler P505 (running sub)

ProMedia 4.2 v400 for PC

Here is a link to check out if you are looking for bass music and other information:

http://www.contrabass.com/pages/frequency.html

I had to believe that there is more than the pipe organ

and synths for really low bass music.

Scott

------------------

Definition of an idiot: Noun; Someone who doesn't know something you learned yesterday.

And, to add one more...

Although I wouldn't buy the disc again, I appreciate the "different" nature of the Blueman Group's music. It's certainly not something I'd sit down to listen to more than a couple of times, but on track 9 there is an incredible low bass note that'll get your pantlegs shaking. It's very impressive.

Ross

------------------

"Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana."

Another vote for Joe Satriani here. A different album though. His first Album (that I am aware of): "Flying in a Blue Dream" First track, same name as the album. Bass line mixes in some extremely deep bass notes. It is my favorite track for testing low end response of speakers. There are three notes that are a part of the bass line and regularly repeat. If you can't hear them, then the bass response of the speakers doesn't extend to below 30 hz (I hear them fine with a speaker rated for a low end of 27 hz).

Be sure to get the digitally remastered CD.

• 5 months later...

The Celtic Album - Keith Lockhart and The Boston Pops -Cut 4 - The Theme from Braveheart.

Trust me THIS IS NOT YOUR DADDY'S BOSTON POPS!!

In fact I recommend that you stay near your amp as there exists a possibility that your amp and room cannot handle the bass notes and you will find yourself rearranging your speakers in order to accomodate this recording.

The good news is that - having adjusted my speaker placement,(for the umpteenth time),my system has gone from great to BREATHTAKING.

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)

This message has been edited by lynnm on 02-25-2002 at 09:07 PM

Trittico/Frederick Fenell & Dallas Wind Symphony/Greig:Funeral March/RR-52CD, TElARChive Rare recordings Vol.1/Lionel Hampton & Friends/Cherokee/CD-83318 , Temptations/Holly Cole , Looky Here/Mike Morgan & The Crawl/Lowdown & Evil/BT-1132, Trampoline/The Mavericks/ MCAD-70018...just off the top. Sorry no soundtracks.

Not bad,not bad.

Any under Telarc label with a bass warning in the CD cover should give you great subs bass.

Pomps & Pipes label Reference Recorings,track four has some 16Hz wall shaking,sub busting sub bass.Its quiet at first and then the cone flies back and forth.No sub will like this one.

Enya,good sub bass and in general good bass.Great choice

Anything Chemical Brothers,Prodigy and company.I have loads of electronica with ultra low bass.

Herbie Hancock's Dis Is Da Drum,the first tracks will set the cone(s) in heavy duty action.Plenty of low bass,with this CD I can do demolotion work.Some tracks have boomy bass,others the bass is deep and hits hard.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Don't forget DJ Magic Mike. !!!!!

------------------

Home Theater:

Yamaha RX-V1000

Klipsch RF-3's

Klipsch KSC-C1(LOOKING FOR A RC-3 OR RC-3II)

Kenwood KSV64 Bipolar Speakers

Klipsch Subwoofer KSW-12

Television: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

DVD Player SONY S-360

CD Changer CDC 585 5 Disc Yamaha

Harman Kardon TC-1000

monster cable interconnects/12 gauge speaker wire

Magic!

That's a CD recorded last summer at the Wanamaker Concert Organ in Philly's Lord and Taylor.

32' SubPrincipal and Contra Diaphone. (16hz)

64' (resultant) Gravissima. (8 hz harmonic)

'nuff said Biggrin.gif

It's on the Dorian label. The sense of ambiance is incredible. And no limiters, no compression, no silly EQ tricks.

------------------

---

Klipsch SF2

Thorens TD145 / AT440ML turntable

Dynaco Stereo 70 power

Sansui CA-2000 pre

Pioneer RT707 tapedeck

Pioneer 4100 cd player

The soundtrack from "American Beauty" (the score, not the collection of pop songs from the film) has some of the most gut-wrenching bass I have heard; it is also one of my favorite film soundtracks of all time.

The thumping drum in the last cut on REM's Out of Time (I think the song is "Me In Honey"), while not being the lowest bass I have heard, is nonetheless one of the most revelatory tracks I heard after hooking up my sub...

------------------

Klipsch Fortes, Oiled Oak

Klipsch KLF-C7 Center Channel

McCormack DNA-1 Power Amp

McCormack TLC Pre-Amp

Sony 5-disc changer

NHT SA3 Subwoofer Amp

Hsu TN1220 Subwoofer

Old Akai cassette Deck

Akai AAR22 used as tuner

Nordost Solar Wind interconnects

Kimber 4TC Speaker Cable