garymd

----------------

On 12/9/2004 9:32:19 AM dgb wrote:

Non-Stop Erotic Cabariet
:)
Got it.

----------------

On 12/9/2004 12:26:46 AM seti wrote:

I'd like to know who the hell bought all the soft cell albums or better yet who kept their copies. When you go to buy some used vinyl check the "S" section and look for soft cell and your bound to find 10 to 20 copies of the same bloody awful LP.

Kraftwerk good soft cell bad

seti
----------------

----------------

Well done DGB - the was the name of the album - Tainted Love was a single from it I think. Getting old - memory....er...what was I saying?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK I forgot about this but Mr.Shatner was on late night TV the other night promoting his new album......Wonder if it will be available in SACD format?

William Shatner's New Album

More than 35 years after the release of his debut solo album, William Shatner teams up with Ben Folds to create Has Been, a surprisingly pop-driven, lyrically potent collection of songs written by the duo. With the exception of Trying, co-written by Folds and novelist Nick Hornby (High Fidelity, About A Boy), Real by Brad Paisley, and Pulps Common People, Shatner proves to be a witty and self-deprecating poet, while Folds talent for crafting the perfect pop melody has never been more evident.

Heard about this via Sam and Fuzzy. Listening to the samples and interviews on Shatners site, the album seems really genuine. I feel really good about this; it fits. Makes me happy to see Shatner pull this off, at the right time, and in a good manner.

----------------

On 12/9/2004 10:10:58 AM Allan Songer wrote:

Anything by the band called "Journey."

----------------

You've got that right Allan growing up my friends loved Journey and it drove me nuts.

Lets not forget Air Supply and the other bands of their genre from the early 80's ah wait no lets forget them : )

----------------

----------------

Journey, REO Speedwagon, Styx, and a few others. All the same group I'm convinced. They were marketed with different names to sell more albums.11.gif

I might catch some flack for this one but I never understood why Boston and Rush had such appeal.

Oh as far as Prince goes I actually heard some previously unreleased tracks on his Crystal Ball box set that I liked and I was in shock when I figured out who it was. My reaction was wait no please no I can't like prince. blast but it was nothing like anything I had heard from him....ug...excuses.....

----------------

On 12/9/2004 10:52:22 AM garymd wrote:

----------------

----------------

Journey, REO Speedwagon, Styx, and a few others. All the same group I'm convinced. They were marketed with different names to sell more albums.
11.gif

----------------

Ouch-that hurt, Gary. I grew up enjoying the music from all three of those bands *ducks for cover*. When I listen to them today I still enjoy a few tunes from each, but not nearly as many as I once did. I guess I was just a groupthink(grouplisten?) fanboy! lol

domo arey gotto, Mister Roboto

domo..domo lol

Yikes!

"We're going to party like its 1999", it all makes sense now. Prince was good stuff if you were in the club dancing scenes, which I was, cause thats were the hot chicks hung out.

I don't think I would put Styx, in the same catagory as Journey & REO, for the times that was good stuff, although these days I find myself passing them up in the mix.

Tom

When the radio station got rid of most of the lps, I latched on to a few. My favorites - Eddie Albert Sings (I forget the title, but you get the idea) Joel Grey - "Black Sheep Boy" (a whole 'nother spin on the Cream's "White Room.") Mae West singing "Twist and Shout" and one whose name I have forgotten but whose cover proudly proclaims "Every instrument has its own microphone feeding transistorized electronics."

----------------

On 12/9/2004 12:03:21 PM aviserated wrote:

Any album that sounds too bright and non musical would be the worst.

----------------

Try The Killers' "Hot Fuss" CD. Great band, great album, horribly bright, horrible shame.

I know Bob Dylan is an acquired taste, but I found his LP "Blood On The Tracks" to be really, really not so good. I had no idea his voice was so...ehh...high and squeaky.

----------------

On 12/9/2004 11:51:08 AM rf3iicrazy wrote:

I don't think I would put Styx, in the same catagory as Journey & REO, for the times that was good stuff, although these days I find myself passing them up in the mix.

Tom

----------------

I'll give you that Tom. Styx was a stretch. There was one other I couldn't remember so I threw in Styx. I'm Sailing Away and The Grand Illusion are the only songs that come to mind. What's the 3rd band I was thinking of? I swear they're all identical.

----------------

On 12/9/2004 1:13:18 PM nicholtl wrote:

----------------

----------------

Try The Killers' "Hot Fuss" CD. Great band, great album, horribly bright, horrible shame.

I know Bob Dylan is an acquired taste, but I found his LP "Blood On The Tracks" to be really, really not so good. I had no idea his voice was so...ehh...high and squeaky.

----------------

Wow. "Blood on the Tracks" is one of my wife's favorite LPs and I have to admit I think it is a really, REALLY fine collection of songs. "Tangled up in Blue" and "You're a Big Girl Now" and "Idiot Wind" come to mind. They are freaking GREAT songs both lyrically and musically I think. As to Bob Dylan's voice--I like to think of it as another instrument in the mix--certianly not PRETTY, but I like it alot--really evocative and I love the way he twists it all around the melody and beat. I think he's great--not my everyday cup of meat, but brilliant.

But t he COOLEST thing about "Blood on the Tracks" is that Dylan had the whole LP "in the can" --recorded with fine studio musicians and DELIVERED to Columbia records. Then at the last minute after listening to the tapes he decided that the album sounded sterile and he went back into the studio with some local unkown musicians in Minnesota and rerecorded the entire LP in about a day and half and released that version instead.

----------------

On 12/9/2004 1:57:54 PM Allan Songer wrote:

----------------

On 12/9/2004 1:13:18 PM nicholtl wrote:

----------------

----------------

----------------

Wow. "Blood on the Tracks" is one of my wife's favorite LPs and I have to admit I think it is a really, REALLY fine collection of songs. "Tangled up in Blue" and "You're a Big Girl Now" and "Idiot Wind" come to mind. They are freaking GREAT songs both lyrically and musically I think. As to Bob Dylan's voice--I like to think of it as another instrument in the mix--certianly not PRETTY, but I like it alot--really evocative and I love the way he twists it all around the melody and beat. I think he's great--not my everyday cup of meat, but brilliant.

But t he COOLEST thing about "Blood on the Tracks" is that Dylan had the whole LP "in the can" --recorded with fine studio musicians and DELIVERED to Columbia records. Then at the last minute after listening to the tapes he decided that the album sounded sterile and he went back into the studio with some local unkown musicians in Minnesota and rerecorded the entire LP in about a day and half and released that version instead.

----------------

I think there is a bootleg version of the New York session to be had.

Tom