Treatment complete and Santa comes early

Tom Adams

Well gang...it's finally over. After having radiation treatment every day for 5 weeks for my prostate cancer I had my last procedure this past Wednesday - radioactive seed implants. The Doc's said I did very good and although I was very sore Wednesday and kinda felt crappy yesterday, today I feel much better albeit still a bit sore down there in the nether region. Not to make you guys cringe, but I was told that they inserted 30 needles and implanted 80 seeds. I'm not sure how you can get 30 needles in that region between my balls and my a-hole, but as they say....where there's a will, there's a way!!6.gif Enough of the gory stuff....

To make my day a whole bunch better, Santa came early for us yesterday. And look what shiny new equipment he brought for our HT!

newstuff.jpg

The amp is a Sherbourn 7/2100A (sorry Griff but I got as good a deal locally and wanted to support my local economy 1.gif), there's a Furman PL-PRO D II, and finally a B&K Ref.50 S2. Now all I need is the XLR cables from Blue Jeans Cable. Also on order is a pair of Klipsch RSX5's the wife wanted for our bedroom system.

BTW, if any of you guys wanna weigh in on where in a rack a power conditioner/surge protector should be, I'm all ears. The reason I ask is that I'm thinking that with all those power cords going to the Furman, the Furman shouldn't be too close to source cables. True??

Anyhow, my Christmas wish this year is that each of you will be as blessed as I am. I have a wonderfully supportive and beautiful wife, a step daughter that thinks I'm "all that", I have great health despite this prostate thing, an employer who's compassionate and recognizes my contributions (so far3.gif), and a life I could not possibly have imagined.

Have a great day guys!! 9.gif

Tom

Tom,

It's great to hear you're doing well. My Dad went through the same stuff and he's come out with flying colors. The grandkids couldn't get close to him for several weeks. I think that bothered/worried him as much as anything.

Guys, get that PSA test done annually. If you catch it early, the cure is essentially 100%. We're all going to get it if we live long enough, but don't wait to find out.

Congrats on getting better Tom, and congrats on the new gear, I'm waiting for my new gear as I type as well 9.gif

They sure look purty sitting there, is that Furman the surge protector? I have my Monster Power HTS 2600 in the middle of my rack, my pre/pro is up top and the Rotel is on the bottom, no issues at all with it. I actually have my Denon DVD player sitting on top of the Monster HTS 2600, it's just fine there 1.gif

Well Tom, the HT presents are nice, your news is nicer.

I hope that you will be blessed with no further problems and still be posting when you're 80.

Congratulations on beating the C, and I feel bad that you may have had pain to endure.

This is one more piece of Good News at Holiday Time.

Merry Christmas.

Win dodger

Thanks guys for the kind words and the well wishes. You know, I got all smug about feeling pretty good two days after the surgery. I guess that's why God laid the smack-down on me the next day. Boy-oh-boy did I feel like crap. And hurt?? Good lord I was sore from the needles!15.gif LOL....the wife reminded me that when I was coming out from under the anesthesia (sp?), the nurse asked me how I was feeling. So I replied, "I feel like I've been violated by a very well endowed man!" I was later informed that the procedure required that ultrasound probes be placed in both the hinie-butt and the ding-a-ling at the same time. Yeowza - no wonder I had trouble sitting!! 6.gif

BTW, yesterday I got pretty much all my new equipment hooked up. Didn't have a lot of time to do some listening, but both the wife & I definitely noticed a smoother, warmer sound coming from the vertical Corns with the B&K/Sherbourn versus the Denon 3300. The one thing I'm not that keen about is the amount of hiss from the amp. I really expected it to be virtually silent. Is it the amp or something I've not done right?

The other thing I'm puzzled by is the amount of switching noise from the B&K. Everytime I change settings from say Mono to Stereo, one can clearly hear a "snick". To be honest, there was a bit of that noise too with the Denon. But I guess I was expecting the B&K to be silent.8.gif

Tom

Good news Tom. Glad that the difficult part is over and appreciate the advice. Although it's literally a PITA, we all (except for Clu) should get checked once a year. My father went through the same procedures successfully about 6 years ago and is doing great.

Happy Holidays! Looks like you were on Santa's "good" list this year.12.gif