FS: Quicksilver M-60 monoblocks

Deang

Austin (my son) wants to try some solid state on the RF-7's. Personally, I think he's nuts, but that is what he wants to do.

I snagged these off of Audiogon a little over a year ago, had them for about 6 months, and then they were sold to Sheltie Dave. When Dave wanted to try some different things -- I bought them back. The tubes are about 9 months old -- nothing extravagent. The tubes came matched from Quicksilver. I believe the EL-34's are JJ's. I'm not sure about the driver tubes and phase splitters -- I think I remember dropping some NOS in there.

I have to go over and check the condition before I rate them. When he got them they were easily a '9'. He's almost as anal as me, so I expect to see them looking pretty good.

These monoblocks are 60wpc, with about 9db of feedback. There are four EL-34's per amp, and they use solid state rectification. One thing I did to these amps was upgrade the power supply capacitance. The mod was approved by Mike Sanders, and implemented by me. There is good drive on the bottom end for a EL-34 based amp, and the thing I remember most is the huge, expansive soundstage these things throw.

Price is $800 for the pair.

Kelly, if you're out there, would you be a trooper and post the pics you have of these things? Please.

• 7 months later...

Up for sale again for the last time I think. These are now mint since I just recently had Mike Sanders send me new chrome transformer covers. Completely retubed two months ago with Telsa Blue Sky EL-34's, Sovtek spiral 12AU7's and Telsa 12AX7's. Partner these up with one of Mark's Merlins and you've got a killer setup. $1050.00

Pictures tomorrow when I get to work.

This would be a great way for me to get into tubes, but man I just don't have $1K plus right now. I have some HII's and some other gear to sell but it won't quite get me there.

In addition, no ideal place to put them. Someday I will run my HT mains with tube amplifiers, if I ever get rich I'd run seven of Craig's VRD's!

----------------

On 8/15/2005 9:24:31 AM Frzninvt wrote:

This would be a great way for me to get into tubes, but man I just don't have $1K plus right now. I have some HII's and some other gear to sell but it won't quite get me there.

In addition, no ideal place to put them. Someday I will run my HT mains with tube amplifiers, if I ever get rich I'd run seven of Craig's VRD's!
----------------

Here's too hoping you hit the lottery2.gif

No, those were the QUADs. Tube rectified running KT-88s. These run a quad of EL-34s per channel for 60wpc of output. They are the only solid state rectified tube amp I've heard that I could probably live with forever. Of course, (and as Craig just reminded me in an email), "forever" for me is about 3 months.9.gif