Handmade Electronics?

Marvel

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want that magical midrange, then the 2A3 is the way to go. The TNT review suggested 95 to 97 db sensitvity, so your Heresys will be suitable. As long as you can accept that there will be a limit on the loudness you'll get. The price is right. And the TNT review was positive. Looks promising.

It does say no units available on the page. Still, the price is lower than a lot of those Chinese/HK EL34 amps. I may give them a call just to see what's up. Not that I have the money right now.

The Dynaco was sounding sweet, but one of the output tubes (all original EL34) dropped dead over the past week. I have more on order, but they won't arrive for a while yet. Back to SS.

Marvel

The one thing I could dig in Australia is opals! Since most of the U.S. got hit with a huge smowstorm this past week I could enjoy some heat.

How about that huge earthquake? Looks awful, withgreat loss of life.

Marvel

----------------

Marvel

----------------

What a tragedy. It looks like over 11,000 people lost their lives now... 15.gif

Hey, Dodger. Thanks for the backup buddy. Like any good partner, you're there with the donuts! 9.gif

I've only heard BEZ's 300B (my own). It is tube rectified (5U4G) if that means anything. And if you had Erik Mandaville upgrade the trannies and caps with Hammond and Solen, etc., and drop in a few NOS RCA 2A3s...well, who knows. It might even sound as good (or better) than Wright's WPA 3.5 monoblocks!2.gif

----------------

On 12/26/2004 7:04:11 PM edwinr wrote:

----------------

Marvel

----------------

What a tragedy. It looks like over 11,000 people lost their lives now...
15.gif

Hey, Dodger. Thanks for the backup buddy. Like any good partner, you're there with the donuts!
9.gif

----------------

It is a tragedy. Thoughts and prayers.

Well Edwin, it's a tough job, not for everyone, but someone has to go the dozen.....9.gif They're undercover (to stay fresh.)

dodger

I exchanged emails with Edmund this week I was asking if he makes a phono preamp and I figured since his 6SN7 preamp is under $300 that his phono pre couldn't be much more.

"there is four 12AX7 phono stage for sale" Edmund

I just ordered a NAD PP2 to get me by on vinyl but I sure would order his tube phono if he would get back with me regarding price.