O/T Tsunami Disaster

edwinr

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 12/27/2004 10:09:19 PM neo33 wrote:

The latest figures nearing 24,000 of which half are children. Perhaps, the other half are their parents? If the children are in heaven with God, why worry? We only need to concern about the living!

----------------

NEO: We worry about them because they existed and they died. It leads to worry about the Living.

Every person that lives deserves to be known and to be cared for in their death.

dodger

----------------

On 12/27/2004 10:09:19 PM neo33 wrote:

The latest figures nearing 24,000 of which half are children. Perhaps, the other half are their parents? If the children are in heaven with God, why worry? We only need to concern about the living!

----------------

While there is truth to that, what distrubs me is the horror they felt durring their death. Not sure if you have children or not Neo, but I have two children, two boys ages 3 and 6. I get the mental image of them being in that situation and it rips my heart out of my chest.

Another thing: imagine this happening off the West Coast or off New England.

There is some Chunks of the Hawaiian islands that can literally slide/fall off a said island and make a big ol' mess out of the west coast. Big chunks. Splash! Tsunami!

It appears the ring of fire is getting restless. Mt. St. Helens is pretty much always active.

Imagine Mt.Rainer, Mt. Adams, Baker, Shasta, all the way down to Mexico. All the world's Monster Volcanos decide to fire up.

Can you say Nuclear Winter? It would probably only take a handfull of big-assed Volcanos to do it.

Maybe God is disgusted that the Earth is saturated with too many humans. Some think of the Earth as a "being" or a "Entity", and it's pissed....

Contribute directly to the relief efforts!

Donate to the International Red Cross

http://www.ifrc.org/helpnow/donate/donate_response.asp

(be patient, it's busy, as you can imagine)

There's also the fantastic United Nations Children's Fund.

http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/indonesia_24608.html

Everyone here is richer than 90% of the world. $25.00 to either of these great organizations directly helping the Tsunami victims would give you a warm fuzzy. (fini! what an opening!)

Whaddaya waiting for? Do it!

Forrest

----------------

On 12/27/2004 10:38:00 PM mike stehr wrote:

There is some Chunks of the Hawaiian islands that can literally slide/fall off a said island and make a big ol' mess out of the west coast. Big chunks. Splash! Tsunami!

It appears the ring of fire is getting restless. Mt. St. Helens is pretty much always active.

Imagine Mt.Rainer, Mt. Adams, Baker, Shasta, all the way down to Mexico. All the world's Monster Volcanos decide to fire up.

Can you say Nuclear Winter? It would probably only take a handfull of big-assed Volcanos to do it.

Maybe God is disgusted that the Earth is saturated with too many humans. Some think of the Earth as a "being" or a "Entity", and it's pissed....

----------------

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5652141/

m00n, There is a report of a baby being found alive floating on a matress off Malasia. Miracles do happen.

Rick

----------------

On 12/27/2004 2:38:49 PM Allan Songer wrote:

----------------

On 12/27/2004 2:52:57 AM kenratboy wrote:

We are better prepaired for earthquakes and all, but a tsunami is something that is almost impossibly to prepare for.
----------------

It happened in California in 1964

"<a
http://crescentcity95531.com/SG2_Tsunamipiledcars.gif" width=288 border=2>

"<a
http://crescentcity95531.com/Sg2_f1.gif" width=288 border=2>

Very small town. Lots of advance warning. I was there visiting my Aunt and Uncle for Easter. The water came to within about 50 yards of their property.

I was just a kid but I'll never forget that day . . .

----------------

I remember that day too songster, I was in the earthquake that made that!

----------------

On 12/27/2004 9:53:18 PM m00n wrote:

----------------

On 12/27/2004 9:32:17 PM neo33 wrote:

"God? What God? Where was God when all those children where dying?"

Have you no faith in your own God, m00n?

----------------

I'm loosing it.

----------------

Hook up with the prez mood I am sure his church will bring you around

You don't understand the fear of the average Protestant who is quaking in the hands of an angry God. Go read some Knox, Luther and Edwards. We are BORN sinners and no level of "innocence" can protect us from the wrath of God. No amount of "good works" can help lead us to salvation. We are only saved through the grace of God and it has NOTHING to do with how we live our lives or even if we "accept" Jesus as our saviour.

It's a brutal and razor sharp version of Christianity . . .

Allan

Unfortunatly I understand. It's ashame that people always look to blame or give credit to a higher power for an unfortunate event such as this. It's easy to look upon this from ivory towers and pass judgement. I'm glad I was raised to have my own beliefs and make my own judgement, and not blame something else.

and who determines what a sin is?

Let me get this straight, an all knowing, all powerful being decides to kill 30,000+ people in some of the most economically distressed places of the world because it's angry at the ways of the world? How Logical.

It's amazing to me that such technically orinted people can debate the best capaciter for a crossover for hours based upon electronic design, but when it comes to a geological disaster it's always God or some higher being.

Strange world we live in isn't it?