OT: This is ONE BIG CAT

Daddy Dee

This is one big cat. Breed: Maine Coon Cat

This picture has circulated the net, and thought by some to be photoshopped or otherwise changed to make the cat look big. Nope. Snopes.com says this is for real. Just a big breed. There are some additional pics on snopes.com... two of these rascals taking up a whole couch.

download.asp?mode=download&fileID=34540&

post-11993-13819260140634_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 1/2/2005 9:27:41 PM Audio Flynn wrote:

I love animals but no Liger for me.

The Maine Coon Cat is really amazing; I tink my daughter should get one when she moves out of the house.

----------------

My girls want to get one in a real serious way, I think it would be pretty cool, too. However, already have three regular size versions of the beasts and don't want to take one of those big rascals.

Coda,

Man, that Liger is AMAZING!!!6.gif6.gif6.gif

Had a female Main Coon when I was a wee lad...She was a big girl at 20 lbs.

Another big breed are Angorans...had a 22 lbs. white male named Fluffy, but us kids simply called him "The Beast".

Yet another big breed are Norwegian Forrest cats...Our oldest gentleman cat is 15 and weighs in at a whopping 25 lbs.

Like big mews, but Nicolas Cage can keep his Liger!6.gif

----------------

On 1/2/2005 9:30:59 PM cluless wrote:

Actually, I believe that the feline is a

"Photoshopia Oranje Tabia of Largessia Sizzia"

Theres a whole flock of them running about

Coon Cats resemble Coons (Racoons) in coloring

----------------

I think Maine Coons come in just about any color--my sister has an orange female that weighs in at 27 pounds!

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/2250/ruffian.gif

According to Snopes, the cat only weighed 24 pounds when the pic was taken. They have a couple other pictures on their web site.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/bigcat2.asp

This rates pretty equal to the Norwegian Forest Cat, which comes in around 10kilos.

A shop my wife visited had an NFC, and she said it looked huge.

Marvel

Marvel

When a male lion is cross bred with a female tiger the genes which control the size of each individual animal is lost so the hybrid liger seeks its own size which is always VERY large. Oddly, I believe it doesn't work the other way around (male tiger to female lion). Also, I believe the liger to be sterile just like the crossbred mule.

That is a hell of a BIG kitty though. Not fat but well proportioned. Quite a bed anchor too I'll bet!!!9.gif