new 100wpc monoblocks from bizzzybee

richieb

I can't wait to take the VRD's and my Juicy Music Peach linestage preamp over to Andy Kubicki's house one day soon and hear them on his Khorns. I am looking forward to seeing the smile on Andy's face as he enjoys what I have for months.

Sitting here drooling, I think that look on my face will be one of the horror of not owning my own pair 8.gif

Nonetheless, I look forward to hearing these...

----------------

On 1/8/2005 2:28:30 PM AndyKubicki wrote:

I can't wait to take the VRD's and my Juicy Music Peach linestage preamp over to Andy Kubicki's house one day soon and hear them on his Khorns. I am looking forward to seeing the smile on Andy's face as he enjoys what I have for months.

Sitting here drooling, I think that look on my face will be one of the horror of not owning my own pair
8.gif

Nonetheless, I look forward to hearing these...

----------------

Andy, what do you say we plan on getting together real soon? Please email me with your availability.

Geez, truly sorry about that Bob. Just when you thought you were headed down the path of the sure footed, someone comes along and pulls the rug right out from under you2.gif. I too hate it when that happens. And you know, it seems to happen alot with this hobby of ours. But, I am so impressed by the KT90 I just could not hold my tongue. I just hope I am not all wet on this one.

It looks like Electro Harmonix is going down a good path with their new KT-90s and 6CA7s. I wonder what they'll upgrade next?

I'm listening to some of their 300Bs now. They were "metalic" sounding when they were brand new but they have broken in very nicely. Probably 400 hours on them now. I want to "upgrade" them, but for $300 I fear I'll do no better.

Rick

MeanFishman, if the original, pre-edited version were true,then every married guy here would be buying the VRD's..... although that's not such a bad idea.

Deano, maybe we can have tom draw a picture................well, i don't know, maybe you have been studying those cross-over schematics too much. Just kidding...........Maybe Tom could post the video link, but it would only be for a mature audience.

Ya just gotta love the old Freudian slip, eh????2.gif

----------------

On 1/8/2005 1:02:10 PM NOSValves wrote:

Thanks guy's I also have that pair reversed compared to how you would actually run them. I read his question wrong I thought he asked what they were LOL !!

Here is a pair in Maple

VRD_MAPLE1.jpg"
----------------

6.gif Isn't that Alder? Actually I could care less what it is. The amps kick a$$!!! 9.gif

----------------

On 1/9/2005 12:47:31 PM Piranha wrote:

6.gif"
Isn't that Alder? Actually I could care less what it is. The amps kick a$$!!!
9.gif"

----------------

Nope its Maple. I no longer use Welbourne Labs chassis I couldn't deal with his constant delays. I now have them made here locally and the 2 standard wood types are walnut and Maple.

Craig

I'm still waiting for Craig to send me his "goodwill jesture" VRDs post-haste (riiiigghht)!9.gif They are beautiful monoblocks indeed, worthy of any true tube'n'horn lover's audio system. Whenever I can finally get all my debts/finances back in order, I do seriously plan on contacting Craig for a pair of custom mahagony VRDs...money talks, and when I had it, I knew how to spend it, and Craig's amps are worth every penny, I'm sure.

Back to the topic, WTF is BizzyBee really selling? Look at this completed eBay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39783&item=5739968248&rd=1

Seems the BEZ Model T9B-1 KT88 monoblocks are one and the same with the TAD in my opinion! Coincidence? Who builds what here? Does BEZ acually supply BizzyBee with the chassis and parts, and all he does is assemble them in the good ol' USA?

EDIT: I now noticed the differences; The BEZ doesn't use a pair of EL34s and is 80 WPC. Seems there are circuit differences to justify the price variance. Also looked at BizzyBee's website and noticed he uses chassis/parts from Cayin and Audcom as well...

----------------

On 1/9/2005 3:25:00 PM NOSValves wrote:

----------------

On 1/9/2005 12:47:31 PM Piranha wrote:

6.gif"
Isn't that Alder? Actually I could care less what it is. The amps kick a$$!!!
9.gif"
----------------

Nope its Maple. I no longer use Welbourne Labs chassis I couldn't deal with his constant delays. I now have them made here locally and the 2 standard wood types are walnut and Maple.

Craig

----------------

Oh OK. That explains why I like the looks of them much better now than I did before. 2.gif