Stopped an e-bay fraud

oscarsear

Got one!!! I've been looking at SACD units on e-bay and found SONY XA900ES at an absurd price. The seller was new and payment was to be remitted by cashiers check. The seller had one feedback from a buyer who was also new. That buyer had the same ID history as did the seller, but a slightly different name. The unit for sell was on a short 3 day listing. Red flags all over.

Contacted e-bay thru their security link and advised them of my concerns. They popped the ad this morning and I am very full of myself!!!9.gif9.gif9.gif

----------------

On 1/28/2005 1:03:50 PM oscarsear wrote:

Got one!!! I've been looking at SACD units on e-bay and found SONY XA900ES at an absurd price. The seller was new and payment was to be remitted by cashiers check. The seller had one feedback from a buyer who was also new. That buyer had the same ID history as did the seller, but a slightly different name. The unit for sell was on a short 3 day listing. Red flags all over.

Contacted e-bay thru their security link and advised them of my concerns. They popped the ad this morning and I am very full of myself!!!
9.gif9.gif9.gif

----------------

As you should be proud of yourself, think about how the "buyer" would feel.

Congrats.

More should question.

Nice going and glad to hear that ebay does do something to scaming seller's. But I'm still disgusted with Ebay for doing absolutely NOTHING to 2nd Chance Offer scammer's.

I've forwarded them at least 5 emails from 2nd. Chance scammers. I even pointed out the scammers USER ID's which were linked on the emails from these crafty devil, but Ebay did nothing, except to let say "Their Working On It"