Where is Everyone

analogman

I went to a Hockey Game tonight.

Walking to my Section I always wave at the beer Vendor don't drink, she's pleasant. She's about 2 feet from the cooler, facing me.

All of a sudden, BOOM, glass breaking - the bracket for the top shelf broke, that fell then those two fell. Beer everywher. She calls for clean up. 3 guys come up. No idea how to open the door (a slider) without more falling out.

I told them take a heavy cardboard box, hold it against, then open the door. Strange concept for them.

I picked up a box, put it in place told one guy to slide the door open. Then they were trying to figur out how to pull the unbroken out without breaking more.

So I did it. Received 2 passes for any items at any food stand.

I was going the first time, she said, I'm to have anything there for the rest of the season. I told her I don't drink beer,

She gave me 3 Smirnoff's. 24 years of going the first alcoholic beverage I ever had there. My wife drove home.

Great game, we won 4 - 0 and all fights. Then one of the other team's members didn't like being yelled to. Throws a water bottle at the fans. Fans threw cans, glass bottles, 9 arrested.

What a night.

dodger

----------------

On 1/29/2005 2:34:59 AM boomac wrote:

I thought the hockey guys were on strike!

----------------

We have an AHL team. Buffalo's Farm Team The Rochester Americans.

The NHL is shooting itself in the foot.

We're getting people from Canada, Buffalo, Syracuse. Attendance is up 3,00 a game.

dodger

Win - hocky is hocky. I'm going to go watch one of my best friend's kids play tomorrow. I'll enjoy that as much as I would an NHL game. Of course, I feel the same about most sports. When I was in Delaware, by brother took me to a Blue Rocks game and it was really fun. (A Ball) Although my kid never played, (too small at the time and into tennis) I love to go to HS Football Games. High School football is a great experience so I'll assume the same goes for HS hocky.

BTW, I didn't really know if the NHL was out or not! Just recall hearing something about it.

----------------

On 1/29/2005 3:17:47 AM boomac wrote:

Win - hocky is hocky. I'm going to go watch one of my best friend's kids play tomorrow. I'll enjoy that as much as I would an NHL game. Of course, I feel the same about most sports. When I was in Delaware, by brother took me to a Blue Rocks game and it was really fun. (A Ball) Although my kid never played, (too small at the time and into tennis) I love to go to HS Football Games. High School football is a great experience so I'll assume the same goes for HS hocky.

BTW, I didn't really know if the NHL was out or not! Just recall hearing something about it.

----------------

I agree. It also helps when your team is only 1 point away from first place for the League.

Same seats for 23 years now.

Winning is fun, I like players like Gretzky. I go watch my former neighbor play roller blade indoor hockey. It's always fun.

Enjoy!

Win

Hey I'm awake!

I have 44 minutes to get ready to go shovel my in-laws driveway. They're in Fort Lauderdale, we live about 2 miles away (I refuse to let them have a key to MY house).

Too cheap to hire someone to plow all this snow. one son doesn't work, he won't do it. The other Daughter is coming with her disliked as much as me husband with back trouble.

And they paid about $30,000 in legal bills for that one son.

Last night was still almost funny.

The one manager came up and started giving the Clerk grief. I calmly walked over, stood in between them, stated we saw her away from the cooler facing us when it happened and when would he like our sworn depositions. Also told him if she needed an Attorney, my God-Daughter's Mother is one and would represent her free under the circumstances. He apologized and started mopping.

Ah What A Night

Win

Win:

Wotta night, wotta guy...always helping...dontcha just love bosses who yell to show their authority??? I always thought it best to get the story first then decide who might be right or wrong...then work on fixing the problem so it doesn't happen again...so many want to find someone (other than themselves) to blame than to find out that problem is and to fix the problem...

Stay safe.

(when there's trouble at a neighborhood hockey game, Win slips into a nearby phone booth to reappear as "dodger"...fighter for the oppressed, weary and put upon...following the principles of truth, justice and the American way!...look, up in the sky...itza bird, itz plane, itza frog...nope itza bird!

Bill9.gif11.gif2.gif3.gif16.gif

----------------

On 1/29/2005 9:01:37 AM dodger wrote:

Hey I'm awake!

I have 44 minutes to get ready to go shovel my in-laws driveway. They're in Fort Lauderdale, we live about 2 miles away (I refuse to let them have a key to MY house).

Too cheap to hire someone to plow all this snow. one son doesn't work, he won't do it. The other Daughter is coming with her disliked as much as me husband with back

Win
----------------

It snowed in Fort Lauderdale?

1.gif