K-Horn/Peach/VRD session at Andy's

AndyKubicki

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick, don't worry about it, Dean is just a little above the rest of us with his sub zero treated micro silver strand tripple coated teflon nitrogen injected dialetric $1000 per inch cables and thinks that by adding a switch between anything you will destroy any and all quality sound thus rendering the sound system no better than a pair of Blose cubes and a RCA transistor radio.9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif

Yes Nick, 1-ish.

Just rented Yes-Acoustic DVD. Man, those guys can play! I will have to get that one! The neighbors did not complain, (though I live in a townhome, we are only connected at the garage) so I'm sure we'll be OK for more volume Sunday. I had it up quite loud last night 6.gif11.gif

Did everyone get my addy and phone #?

----------------

On 2/19/2005 1:28:14 PM DeanG wrote:

Would you believe I use Monster's entry level video coaxial cables in my system? The pricey Monster Z1's and Cardas 300B's are piled up in my junk room somewhere.

----------------

Dean, I am sure you cought the fun that was intended in my statement??

Perhaps I should have used the 3.gif3.gif in place of 9.gif9.gif

Use what ever cables you want to, I don't care. I do beleave that once a certan level of quality is reached, wire is wire. I am sure that the entry level Monster cables are as good as any other cable in it's price range and that you need to add 000s to the price to see any POSSIBLE increase in quality. I am also sure that a switch will add minimal loss or noise to the circuit. Oh well, my $022.gif

I agree with CB; provided the switchbox housing is made of space age polymers, utilizes solid gold rca connectors and switch contacts, and is wired straight through with pure silver wire cured in a vate of liguid nitrogen. I do have issues with the disimiliar metal connections but that can't be avoided.