K-Horn/Peach/VRD session at Andy's

AndyKubicki

Interesting Gary,

Another good one would be the vinyl version of Yes' Fragile with the CD and then the DVDa... In that case, because the DVDa is a remix, and the CD and vinyl were mixed with tons of distortion, the DVDa would most likely win...Darn, we could have done that had I thought of it! Also I forgot to play Yes-Acoustic DVD I had rented...what a DVD!

Wayne, that last DVD was Bela Fleck and the Flecktones http://www.flecktones.com/cds.asp?cdID=14

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy,

I have had one unopened bottle of alcohol in the house for the last 15 years and it is the Belvedere in the corner cabinet. 9.gif ..Nice big tree in the foreground as well as the house (mansion) in the background.

Anybody want to see a neat bottle, check it out next time you're in the store.

Andy, the only time I can think of that might have been reason for a crossover to blow was during Stravinsky's mighty bass passages. Remember how loud those were? That was when you mentioned how whenever you played that, your cats would jump up like they'd been electrocuted and bolt for the stairs. (And that was before we discovered one of them was hiding inside the speaker!)

But, if that were the case, then that would've meant we were listening to everything from that point on with a blown crossover? And that's impossible, because with a group of golden ears like ourselves (shameless), someone would've noticed.

And so the plot thickens...

----------------

On 2/22/2005 6:31:24 PM Speedball wrote:

Andy,

I have had one unopened bottle of alcohol in the house for the last 15 years and it is the Belvedere in the corner cabinet.
9.gif
..Nice big tree in the foreground as well as the house (mansion) in the background.

Anybody want to see a neat bottle, check it out next time you're in the store.----------------

Ha! My Long Lost Brother!

Nick,

It did have to happen afterwards or right at the end, and it was not a blow x-over, just the fuse, thank God!

OMG We forgot to mention the most important happening on Sunday...Andy's cat being in the HF section of the left K- Horn until we moved it to change the taps. I forgot about that until I saw Nicks post about the cat shooting up stairs! Correct me if I am wrong but was he not in there during Stravinskys Firebird?

I did not notice any loss of bass, so the fuse must have blown later into the evening. Actually the bass was one of the things I enjoyed very much listening to the K-horns deliver it so effortlessly

Yes, Tiger was indeed in there throughout Stravinsky's performance! We switched taps after Wayne noticed his Blues CD sounded a bit dark. Tiger is a shy cat, and I think the fear of all these humans was greater than the fear of noise. Once I opened up his safe area, he scrambled up the stairs post haste, as you all saw. He's back to his cheerful self now. Bonkers (the black cat) did come down as he is the social one. Socks was hiding under the bed upstairs figuring she'll let Bonkers do the socializing for all 3.

----------------

On 2/22/2005 7:25:42 PM Q-Man wrote:

It's good to see that some ugly old timers can still have some fun together. Then again, you did have Nick around in case you needed help.
11.gif

----------------

Ugly old timers jeesh! Q-Man you should not talk about Nick like that give the guy a break!9.gif

----------------

On 2/22/2005 10:09:18 PM mark1101 wrote:

Andy,

It sounds like you guys had a great time and enjoyed the Peach/VRD/Khorn combo among others and the company.

We need some gatherings in the south for the same fun.

----------------

I'm thinkng about doing that some saturday or sunday in the next two months gril out and listen to tunes. I have some friends locally that meet at my house to listen to different equipment on my system. Last time we had an EAD transport/dac and an vintage b&o tape deck. I don't have khorns but I do have some Belles. I will post here when we pick a day and anyone from this forum will be welcome. I live in downtown Little Rock and have no neighbors : )

----------------

On 2/22/2005 9:52:20 PM AndyKubicki wrote:

Yes, Tiger was indeed in there throughout Stravinsky's performance! We switched taps after Wayne noticed his Blues CD sounded a bit dark. Tiger is a shy cat, and I think the fear of all these humans was greater than the fear of noise. Once I opened up his safe area, he scrambled up the stairs post haste, as you all saw. He's back to his cheerful self now. Bonkers (the black cat) did come down as he is the social one. Socks was hiding under the bed upstairs figuring she'll let Bonkers do the socializing for all 3.

----------------

How well did the cat work to dampen out the squaker? I have heard of using rope caulk before but never a cat.

Chris

11.gif11.gif