I would love to hear these.

m00n

----------------

On 3/10/2005 3:34:30 AM John Albright wrote:

So would I. Those are the Nelson Pass design, aren't they?

----------------

I dunno but the image is clickable and takes you to the place where I found them. The guy has a write up on them.

----------------

On 3/10/2005 10:59:05 AM Maron Horonzak wrote:

That horn does not sound any better than the Khorn. Plus the mids sound a bit anemic along side the Klipschorn. And the Khorn take up less floorspace. I could spit louder than that horn.
----------------

That maybe true, but you slide those things up next the swimming pool and you've got a hell of a waterpark ride.

Yeah? I dunno... They may not sound as good as a KHorn but I bet they still sound cool.

I need to go back and read his article. I want to find out if this was just some willie nillie design he slapped together or if there was some mathmatical calculations on his horn size and design.

AWESOME!

perhaps a little ridiculous though

BTW, there is a an A/C vent nearby, why didn't he just put the 8 inchers downstairs in the A/C unit and pipe the bass up there?

wouldn't a line driver array of 10 of thsoe drivers acomplish the same thing?

doesn't the throat behind the driver constrict the wave form before it even begins to travel down the pipe?

where did you find this?

10.gif

----------------

On 3/10/2005 8:55:23 AM johnyholiday wrote:

Willy Wonka was the Wizard of OZ
6.gif

----------------

LOL I get them mixed up LOL

correct sir

willy wonka was much stranger than wizard of oz dang i gotta lay off the smoke

These were featured in AudioXpress magazine several issues ago. As I remember, he had his grad students put most of the pieces together. I believe his critique was that the sound and imaging were very good, but there wasn't a whole lot of bass below 50 Hz. I wonder if there is a matching sub? 3.gif

Mark

no bass below 50Hz! then what the hell is the point? many single drivers go that low anyway!

seems to me the thraot behind the driver should propagate at hlaf of the same angle as the lowest wave form the driver is capable of producing, which may be only 40Hz anyway...

As long as I don't have to live with it, it would be an interesting listen, I suppose.

It sure looks like A LONG WAY TO GO for little return on the dollar. How much bass CAN a 9" cone with limited excursion put out, anyway?

Answer: physics would state - NOT MUCH - even a giant horn can't produce something that's not there in the first place!

This is past the point of RIDICULOUS, IMO.

DM2.gif

The concept behind these designs is to have a single driver system. There are issues with 2-ways and 3-ways that cannot be solved, but they certainly can be well compensated for. Though there are many drivers that can play down to 50Hz, there are very few that can also play flat up above 10kHz at the same time 2.gif

I'm yet to see a co-axial driver with a rear loaded horn attached to it...and to make it cooler, it should be cornerloaded as well (like the khorn) 2.gif

----------------

On 3/10/2005 12:20:12 PM markus111 wrote:

These were featured in AudioXpress magazine several issues ago. As I remember, he had his grad students put most of the pieces together. I believe his critique was that the sound and imaging were very good, but there wasn't a whole lot of bass below 50 Hz. I wonder if there is a matching sub?
3.gif

Mark

----------------

click on the pdf link on the page after you get to the site.... scroll down... there is a pic of two very tall 24" sonotubes he uses for bass...

http://passdiy.com/pdf/KleinHorn2.pdf

on page 3 of 10

1.gif