New LaScalas are here

pauln

Came last Friday, too busy to do any critial listening, but will be doing so soon. Was supposed to take 16 weeks but only took 6 so they came early. Glad for it 'cause I gave my Heresy pair away about 6 weeeks ago. I am very impressed with these LaScalas. The finish is black like a piano - very smooth, but if you look close you can tell the figuring of the wood. The tweets are flush, the mid horn is non-metal, back has bridged multi connectors, but the surprize is the cross-over. This thing is really nice - you can't even see all of it in the lousy picures I took. In the last week of incidental listening I have already confirmed that the Wright phono/pre and SET monoblocks are very happy with each other. More later as I listen...

Paul6.gif

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First was one of my favorite albums - its a Russian import of St. Saens' cello concerto. It always sounded just like a real cello in my room with the Herseys but with the LaScalas - wow. More vibrant - could feel it more. The LaScala is smother in the top, stronger in the bottom, and bigger overall.

Yes, congratulations on your new La Scalas. Mine are of 1985 vintage and Bob from this site sold me some brand new AA crosovers. I just added a Sufire Mark II sub to them and I don't believe I'll ever get rid of them. The sould is out of this world, I love them!

Might be a little over the top but would you mind telling me/us about what a new pair costs? If not I understand.

Beautiful,...

Bill Woodward

----------------

On 3/18/2005 10:06:36 PM John Albright wrote:

The K-55-X looks like it does for a very good reason.
2.gif

----------------

I'll bite. Why do the K-55-X look so much like a K-55-V. Also I've heard reference to a story behind why PWK switch from Atlas making K-55-V to K-55-M. Something about a tiff.

Kevin

Congratulations!

I hope you plan to get the turntable up onto a stand or shelf at some point. I'm suprised you aren't having acoustic feedback problems with it being so close to the Lascalas without some sort of isolation.

Those are really nice looking speakers!

Stand and shelves are antennae for vibration. Any structure assembled with multiple geometrical degres of freedom like shelves and stands are act as vibration transmitters, and sometimes as vibration magnifiers. Thats how the three little bones in your ear operate. The current support for the table is concrete slab under pad under carpet under 2 foot square board. The B&O table uses a three point spring suspension of the platter/arm subsystem, and within that, a separate and independent three point spring suspension of the motor that drives the belt. Tapping the upper deck of the table does not conduct to the record or stylus. The B&O has never fedback in its 30 years of service.

Congratulations on the new La Scalas. I'm sure you'll enjoy them for years. You may want to try and angle the la scala slightly upwards towards the listening area. I use a 3/4" x 2" x 24" maple slat under the front 1/3 to slightly elevate the front end. I prefer the sound delivery of this easy mod.

126mhz: My la scalas went for about $3850.00.