Rock Gods

thebes

Headin out shortly. The Twins and I are on the town tonight, hitting a new dance club called Retro Rock. Yeah the name sucks. I know the owner and he wouldnt listen to my suggestions. Its a theme joint. Rock gods from the 60s, 70s and (a stretch I think ) the 80s.

Im doing a Peter Sellers meets David Bowie number a mixture of glam and Nehru jacket. The Twins, though, are looking very hot indeed tonight. Tickles is doing an early Tina Turner deal: really short skirt, mid-thigh black boots, very well-filled out alpaca sweater and a for real 60s Baltimore buffouant. Tawnys gone really gutter with a Courtney Luv t-shirt thing with short skirt, a set of heels, scraggly mass of spider web hair and a major dose of you looking at me attitude.

A DJ friend of mine said hed do the first night (did I mention this is an opening) and hes got a vanload of every cut of rock you can imagine. Trouble is the owner thinks hes about to launch the new Studio 54 and at last report is in the back room climbing the walls on to much Vat 69 and who knows what else.The DJ doesnt want the playlist responsibility, one to many Madonna dance cuts have scrambled his brain, so its up to me (which means you guys) to make the launch a success.

Weve got to wire their brains, blow there eardrums, get them grooving on the dance floor and make them fall in love all before closing time. While were at it lets rename this dump.

Ill be checking in on the clubs office computer from time to time, so dont let me down, I got a small piece of this joint and no crowd no new stereo toys. I think Ill kick it off with some Stones but not sure what I should song to launch it with. So..

I always thought Moby Grape was a good name for a club. In keeping with Rock Gods theme. Or better yet let's name after that funky Zeppelin IV album, Jimmy Page's symbol "Zoso", since nobody really knows what that means. I better stop now, I could go on with 60's Rock God names all night.

If you're leaning towards Stones, no better tune to start up to than:

"Start me Up"- believe they used that as show opener for a couple tours

so far as ZOSO, the Jimmy Page 'rune' symbol, it is the ancient alchemic symbol for the element 'electrum'.

What, no 'twin' photos yet? I have come to the realization that they are pigments of your imagination.

Michael

Wow man, things are starting to heat up. Uriah Heap that is. Had almodt comptley forget about this group. All your suggestions are lined up in various order, you know, mood,dynaimics etc. The Twins are casuing a near riot down on the dance floor, must be 20 guys gathered arond them nbd the dates they brought with them are looking peeved. I'm going to pull them off the floor for awhile,the could use a DOM Perignnopn infusion, anyways.

Looks like this bash could last all night and probably all weekend, I mean the Eurotrash is just starting to trickle in.

Keep them coming. OHMYGOD, Giner Baker just showed up! Gotta go....

Take me across the water 'cause I need some place to hide

I done the rancher's daughter and I sure did hurt his pride aha

Oo..ooo Ooooo Ah ah ah

Oo..ooo Ooooo Ah ah ah

Well there's a hundred miles of desert lies between his hide and mine

I don't need no food and no water, Lord, 'cause I'm running out of time

Fightin', killin', wine and women, gonna put me to my grave

Runnin', hidin', losin', cryin', nothing left to save

But my life

Oo..ooo Ooooo Ah ah ah

Oo..ooo Ooooo Ah ah ah

Stood on a ridge and shunned religion thinking the world was mine

I made my break and a big mistake stealin' when I should've been buyin'

All that fightin', killin', wine and those women, gonna put me to an early grave

Runnin', hidin', losin', cryin', nothing left to save

But my life, life, life, life, life, life, life, life, life,

So I stood on a ridge and shunned religion thinking the world was mine

I made my break and a big mistake stealin' when I should've been buyin'

I was stealin' when I should've been buyin'

I was stealin' when I should've been buyin' yeah

Stealin' when I should've been buyin'

Did the Rancher ever catch up with this guy?

----------------

On 3/18/2005 10:40:46 PM thebes wrote:

Wow man, things are starting to heat up. Uriah Heap that is. Had almodt comptley forget about this group. All your suggestions are lined up in various order, you know, mood,dynaimics etc. The Twins are casuing a near riot down on the dance floor, must be 20 guys gathered arond them nbd the dates they brought with them are looking peeved. I'm going to pull them off the floor for awhile,the could use a DOM Perignnopn infusion, anyways.

Looks like this bash could last all night and probably all weekend, I mean the Eurotrash is just starting to trickle in.

Keep them coming. OHMYGOD, Giner Baker just showed up! Gotta go....
----------------

Spelling mistakes, little grammatical licenses, misplaced punctuation... hmmmmm. Sounds like you're writing post-VAT 69....

But the question is... WHY?!?!? The party's a' raging, tunes a' thumping... And thebes a' typing away...

Get back to the dig, man!

-F

PS: I joined this forum a little late.. still confused about who the twins really are.. Some time, when I can muster up the energy and free time, I'm going to do a search on the twins and figure out what the heck is going on with this man!