Do you listen to LESS music because others are home?

kenratboy

While I cannot complain about free rent and such, there is usually someone home at any given time, and this inhibits my ability to listen to music at loud levels (90% headphone use) - when I get my own place, I can absolutly guarentee that my Klipschies will be playing music 2, 4, 6, 8 hours a day.

At this point, I will start putting some very serious time, money, and effort into my system.

Guest Anonymous

at this point i do, just because it bothers my current room mates at my place in michigan, but at home in chicago its not a problem, in june though i got a house for michigan so it won't be a problem anymore at all and i plan to do some heavy listening

----------------

On 3/19/2005 2:53:12 AM J.4knee wrote:

I don't know if I listen less while people are around but I do temper my selection a bit. I have some jazz that I like that will drive most people out of the house.
----------------

Yeah, know what you mean.

Some of my music is not appreciated/liked - or just freaking wierd, and I prefer to listen in private.

I am usually off work in the middle of the week, my wife on the weekends. While my daughter is in school, I will usually have the chance to actually listen to music, rather than having it on in the background. Still, I have let them know at times that, even when they are here, I sometimes have to sit down and enjoy, with no complaints. The griping about musical selection during the "performance' rather takes away from the experience, at which point they know I am completely determined to crank it.

----------------

On 3/19/2005 2:32:55 AM m00n wrote:

Much less. Kids always have the living room watching cartoons.

----------------

"Alright kids, daddy bought himself a 20 ton pile of gravel. It is at the foot of the driveway, and needs to be moved into the backyard. Here are some beach pales and hand trowls, now get scooping!"

My best listening time is when the wife and 2 kids are out. For some reason she needs to "hear herself think". Must be a female thing. Just as she doesn't understand how me lying in my recliner, eyes closed, and relaxing to somewhat loud music. That, I guess, is a male thing.9.gif

My wife works out of our house, so I'm unable to listen to music (at a proper volume) during her working hours. Also, she is 16 years younger than me so the music we grew up on is alot different. She still thinks Donny Osmond is "a little bit rock and roll". Claims to dislike The Beatles, but whenever I have the Fab Four playing or someone covering one of their songs she has a tendency to comment on what a good song is playing. Heh, heh, heh. I love it. Anyway I'm a classic rock kind of guy and she's into contemporary country. She does apparently like Rush and I've come to dig Toby Keith.

btw - Whenever she has to go out of town on a business trip, I crank up the RB-5IIs and the house is rockin'. Let the jams begin! 10.gif

Do you listen to LESS music because others are home?

Totally! Either the TV (as in m00n's case), the washing machine, or loud-talking family members are there to "break the mood." Msic for me is very much a personal experience, almost like I am having a on-on-one relationship with the performer. Mass enjoyment can be fun (like at a concert where everyone is "into" it), but that rarely happens at home. It's cool that my kids (14 and 16 year-old girls) and I can share our love of music (there are a few artist we can agree to love, as there are others only one of us digs).

As long as the stereo is off monday when 7th heaven is on. I have free reign any other time, and I wear my gear out.

It never used to be this good, she had two cockateils.

There was no way in hell a guy can get intimate with listening to music with those birds screaming and chirping.

Didn't matter if the music was on or not, those things will put you on edge. Cute and loveable, but I couldn't co-exist with them.

----------------

On 3/19/2005 4:56:17 PM mike stehr wrote:

It never used to be this good, she had two cockateils.

There was no way in hell a guy can get intimate with listening to music with those birds screaming and chirping.

Didn't matter if the music was on or not, those things will put you on edge. Cute and loveable, but I couldn't co-exist with them.

----------------

So, how did you attenuate those tweeters?

----------------

On 3/19/2005 5:08:31 AM colterphoto1 wrote:

theres never anyone here as I live alone, and I haven't done any serious music listening for weeks. what is wrong with me? I've not done any work either.

Michael

----------------

Ya need to do do less talking Klipsch and more listening to Klipsch.2.gif

Once my wife sets foot in the house, no music - Television

2300 hours (11:00 P.M.) Crossing Jordan then about 2 - 3 hours listening through headphones.

(looking for some GOOD sealing Sennheisers, Grados and als I'd like to get my nephew a pair of Koss Pro 4 TAA - Titaniums)

dodger