Red Lake school shootings

I'd first heard of this on the local news at 4:30, not much was known yet. As information becomes more available, it looks like another Columbine.

I was just up there a month ago and drove by the school on the way to the lake. I wish all the families effected my condolences. Another sad page in our countries history.

HOW THE **** DO THESE KIDS GET THESE GOD DAMN WEAPONS INTO A SCHOOL IN THE FIRST PLACE??? WHAT POSESSES THEM DO KILL THEIR GRANDPARENTS? I SWEAR, the world is getting closer and closer to being one big toilet all the time.

Sorry. It just hits too close to home. 8.gif

"The scuttle butt is that the kids grandfather, one of those killed, was a policeman and the weapon was his."

If the above is true the anit-gun issue is moot. I too am just as bamboozled as the next guy as to what enters these kids minds. I cannot fathom what odd neuron fires that makes these kids snap like this. This just sickens me to think another kid has gone so wrong to commit an act like this. My heart and prayers go out to the victims families. I also feel for the perpetrators family, as they must be absolutely wrapped around an axel over this. I simply do not understand it.

On 3/22/2005 1:39:37 AM jdm56 wrote:

What I'd like to know, is why don't people keep their guns and/or ammo LOCKED UP? This kind of thing just provides more fuel for the anti-gun lobby.

----------------

Come on Doug! Let's find out why he did it and cast blame on the root cause. People not locking up guns and ammo have nothing to do with why this kid became a killer. He could have just as easily driven a car into his victims. Of course he probably never saw that on TV, movies or video games.

I don't know if we will ever know why things like this happen, but I can tell you that this bring back memories for me.

When my son was in middle school in Muskogee OK there as a kid that that did this but thanks to one teacher that got the gun away from the kid and got shot in the struggle no one else was hurt. But just imagine seeing the first reports of this on TV and knowing your son was at the school and not knowing if he was alright untill later that day.

I think it all boils down to how our kids are being brought up and being desentcitized (sp?) from all the violence that is portrayed on the TV, games and such.

Steve

There are a lot of stupid, stupid people out there in our world. Just yesterday a woman (a parent) in River Rouge, Michigan (just South of Detroit) waltzed into Dunn Intermediate school with a gun in her purse and proceeded to (get this) "LOSE TRACK OF IT"!

How in the He** does someone simply "LOSE TRACK OF A FIREARM"??

In short, that meant: She lost her purse.

A complete lockdown of the school ensued and they questioned all of the students. The gun "turned up" hidden above a ceiling tile. WHAT? Did they look behind all 40,000+ ceiling tiles in the 2-story school and said, "Wow, there it is!"? Someone's not telling the whole story here.

But, just think about the stupidity here: A parent brings a gun in to a school. Just that alone is pretty STOOPID. But, then to LOSE TRACK OF IT?

....somebody just, shoot me now! Holy crap! 14.gif

"Why he did it" has nothing to do with the gun being available to him. It has way more to do with other humans not being available to him, bottom line.

You guys have kids in middle and high school? That age is brutal, man, especially (I have found) for girls. I'm surprised more kids don't carry out this kind of act.

fini: Actually, his father had commited suicide a few years ago, and his mother was rendered mentally incapacitated a while back. She lives in a nursing home. I understood (correct me if I am worng) that the boy was living with his grandparents. His grandfather is an ex-cop, hence, he had firearms. The boy's first victims were his grandparents, I assume to gain access to the firearms. I do not know if the firearms were secure or not prior to the grandfather's death. It sounds to me like this lad was capable of killing regardless of his choice of weapon. -IMHO

Not sure how much of this is making it to the national news, but more tid bits. Yes, the grandfather was a retired tribal police officer. Kid had two pistols and a shotgun. They've found web postings from a year ago threatening an action such as this. In them he also praised Hitler as being a hero. He was a loner, always dressed in the Goth style and was an outcast with few, if any, friends. According to one interview with an eyewitness, he drove up to the school in a police car and jumped out, started shooting. Not sure how credible that report is, only heard it once on the local news last night.

I know the tribe is a very small, close knit community, and something like this really hits them hard, not only as a community but as an Indian tribe, with a long tradition of family and helping each other.

I don't believe the guns would have walked themselves to the school and harmed anyone; they had to be carried by an individual intent on doing injury to as many as possible. I agree that the advent of increased violence on television and video games has contributed to the decline of this countries youths' respect for others and regard for human life. Unfortunatly, I don't know of any good way to turn it around other than counseling and increased parental discipline of those that appear to be heading down the wrong path.

Now I'm off to surf the web to find out what I can about registered sex offenders. I found out last night that a newly released level two offender just moved into a house on the same block as our day care provider. Nine kids, all under 7 years old.

What a great week this is turning out to be. Hopefully it turns around quickly.

On 3/22/2005 9:33:26 AM tkdamerica wrote:

No but it explains why THESE people were killed by a gun.

----------------

Im saddened by this terrible incident and hope we can learn from the evidence derived through the investigation. There are reports that the kid was troubled. There is no evidence, as yet, to indicate if the weapons of choice were locked up or not but Ill cast blame on the killer either way. You can blame anything that supports your agenda or makes you feel better about the situation.

Now this is something EVERY parent should do.

Champagne taste beer budget writes " Now I'm off to surf the web to find out what I can about registered sex offenders. I found out last night that a newly released level two offender just moved into a house on the same block as our day care provider. Nine kids, all under 7 years old."