emotionally moving music

hammerin

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 3/24/2005 10:58:17 AM ben. wrote:

"With this Love" by Peter Gabriel, both versions (one is instrumental, the other is a boys choir). From
Passion
. Great movie, great soundtrack.

B000065V9J.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

----------------

That soundtrack is amazing but so is the movie.

Peter Gabriels Real World music label has alot of great releases as well.

A few more.

The Very Thought Of You - Red Garland

When Sonny Gets Blue - Jimmy Heath

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Seven Spanish Angels - Ray Charles & Willie Nelson

Unanswered Prayers - Garth Brooks

These Are the Days - Van Morrison

Whenever God Shines His Light on Me - Van Morrison

----------------

On 3/25/2005 12:14:57 PM DeanG wrote:

Emotionally involving music? Pretty much any of the theme songs from old TV shows.
1.gif

----------------

Went to a Nanci Griffith concert over in Butte a few years ago when she was touring with the Crickets. It seemed like an odd combination and I didn't know much about the Crickets other than Buddy Holly. The connection was that Nanci Griffith grew up in Lubbock and listened to the Crickets as a girl and now was able to take them on tour. The Crickets were amazing and the show stopper was Nanci Griffith singing the theme from the Mary Tyler Moore Show with Sonny Curtis, of the Crickets, who originally wrote and recorded the song for the TV show. It sounds corny but people were wiping away tears.

----------------

On 3/25/2005 4:26:13 PM 3dzapper wrote:

Sputnik, I envy you. Any song by Buddy Holly can be a tear jerker. Such a loss of talent.
8.gif

Even back then the playing of the Crickets was groundbreaking and toetappingly good.
1.gif

Rick

----------------

Yeah, we were sure lucky to catch that concert. Nanci Griffith was so cool - she just stepped back after a while and let the Crickets steal the show. It was such a privilege to see them in a small but ornate auditorium built in the heyday of Butte mining and to think of the evolution of music that they were woven into from the time that they came on the scene in the fifties to now. It was "emotionally moving music."

You want to really ROCK with a clean...Knock you down...Clear gut wrenching bass. Look at my system and imagine

QUEEN "Another one Bites the Dust" at 105db.

I have never heard nothing like it. The VRD's and Cornwalls really push out some incredible bass slam. Try it and let me know what you think.