Labelles (?) $300 in Florida

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with 3dzapper. Having been in the accounting business, I know some agents. Copies of the ad, Forum posts, and ebay documents will be forwarded to the IRS. Hope you keep good records and pay taxes on your gain on the sale of goods magicsky!

btw, good luck with your audit!

Michael

Hello All... I would like to tell you a few things about my Fiance' Magicsky.

First, he in NO WAY saw the $300 ad on this forum before he bought them. This is his side business and he scours the paper every day looking for great deals like this. AND - he paid the lady more than $300 for them!! And she was not OLD! There was absolutely NOTHING inappropriate about the way he acquired these speakers.

Second, he, like all of you, has an exceptional appreciation and love for all things Audio. He has the utmost respect for Klipsch. I never even heard of them until I met him 2 years ago and I am 41 years old!! I was given a complete historical background on the Speakers and how TERRIFIC they are. Ok, maybe I'm just a dumb girl, but they're just speakers in my opinion. But they are GREAT to him.

Third, he did not join this Forum to Gloat. As I said, he LOVES Klipsch. His original intention was to find a message board so he could let other Klipsch lovers know he had them on e-Bay. I also think he was excited about his find and wanted to share it with a bunch of people that shared his love of this product. I think you all misinterpreted things, then it seemed to snowball into this mob-like frenzy.

You know, if wanting to make a profit is bad, then what are we all doing in America? He is a great man. He helps me financially all the time in raising MY daughter.It hurts me that you all are being so hateful to a person I know didn't mean any harm whatsoever!

I almost fell for this crap until he (or she?) said he paid the seller more than $300. It's hard to believe someone greedy enough to ask $2000 for the speakers has paid the buyer a penny more than the asking price. I'd bet my lunch money that he asked her for a better deal.....and made her load the speakers in his truck, too.

Good try, magicsky, but you're not foolin anyone.

Later, Rick.

Well E! ('fiance' of magicsky-right!), how do you explain this as his FIRST post ever on this Forum?

"Yeah, I called about them and they were the Belles. Walnut Oiled 1978. Of course I got them. The lady just said they were too big and just wanted to get rid of them. It's nice to live in Florida. "

Let me get this right, he saw the ad in the paper, called and acquired the Belles, THEN TOOK THE TIME TO REGISTER ON THE KLIPSCH FORUM, LOOK UP THIS THREAD, AND POST THAT HE BOUGHT THEM. Right!

Then had the nerve to return to the scene of the crime and elicit sympathy!?!?!

God help you, you lying, kniving SOB.

Michael

Here's a suggestion: Offer them to a forum member for $750 plus shipping. Nice profit, great deal. We can even tell you who might be deserving of such an act of redemption...

While the whole deal whether it was right or wrong, was certainly not ethical!

I bet he did not tell the lady that they could bring as much as $1500 on eBay. I like getting a good deal as much as the next guy, but purchasing them for far less than they are worth and then flipping them for a tidy profit does not say much for a person's character. Perhaps E! it is time to rethink the nature of your relationship.

Perhaps the forum members were asleep at the wheel on this one and the early bird got the worm!

I see someone even offered to trade a pair of '74 Khorns for them so it is certainly NOT the sound he is after it's the green $$$ baby!

Good idea Fini.

I've been advised not to do this, but what the heck. Here's a copy of an email I sent to this jerk and his reply:

Me to magicsky:

"Hi, are you the magicsky on the Klipsch forum? If you are, I (thumpy) would like to apologize for the way some members are responding to your good fortune. Please understand, some of these guys would crawl to Fla. on broken glass to get a nice pair of Belles. Is there any chance you'd be able to offer the Belles to forum members at a better price? You could avoid Ebay and Paypal fees that way, and there's a good chance some member would pick them up to keep you from having to pack and ship the speakers. Please let me know or post your best price on the forum. Thanks, Rick."

His reply:

"Hi Thumpy , yes I am the Mgicsky on the Forum and I can appreciate everyone's concern about what I'm doing with the Belles. This is what I do for a living. Buy and Sell. I need to get all I can for these as I'm putting a kid thru college right now. This is my third set I've found locally, A Rosewood set and another walnut set. I had no trouble getting rid of these. I do understand how people feel about their speakers as I have all Klipsch speakers in my Home Theater set-up. I hope I didn't offend too many people but everyone needs to make a living. Thanks"

What a jerk. He could've sold them in a few minutes had he offered them here for even $1400. Then he wouldn't have to pay ebay for the listing fee, reserve price fee, final value fee and Paypal fees, since I'm sure someone here would've picked them up. If he makes a living "buying and selling", he's certainly not very good at it.

Later, Rick.

Frzninvt,

Great point about the KHorns. I noticed that one too.

It is one thing to turn something for a fair profit. A completely different thing to take advantage of the forum, lie about it, and try and justify it. Demostrates a complete lack of character, imo.

Another pair slips through the fingers. Oh well, time to move on.

I just put twenty hours into rebuilding and refinishing a '78 La Scala, so maybe I am better off anyway.

----------------

On 4/25/2005 9:29:42 AM E! wrote:

Second, he, like all of you, has an exceptional appreciation and love for all things Audio. He has the utmost respect for Klipsch. As I said,
he LOVES Klipsch

----------------

And I'd LOVE Bose if I could buy 'em and resell 'em for 700% profit !!!

welcome to the forum E!, this is how i look at it. 1st off, its not about the money to me. i don't care how much he paid for them and its none of my business how much he paid for them. 2nd off, if he saw the tip here or he saw it in his own newspaper doesn't really bother me. 3rd. off, my question is WHY would he join this forum, tell us its great to live in florida and wish us good luck on finding a great deal like he did. leaves a bad taste in our mouths. also over on ebay he tells someone he is selling them because he is downsizing. whats up with that. i have been here for about a year and this is where people help other members out and learn about klipsch and make friends along the way. so ask yourself these 3 things, did he help anyone out, NO did he learn anything about klipsch, NO and did he make any friends, NO strike 3 your out.

Edit. strike 3 he's out

Too funny. I read the ThumpStil post a while back and thought no way, too good to be true. Never gave it a second thought. Since then, been checking out ebay for Belles for a while. Saw the 2K in WO and thought hey, my sister lives in Miami and is coming up to visit me in July. Maybe...just maybe I could make this work. I emailed my sis today and am waiting to hear back when I see all the posts to this. I decide to read them just to kill some time. At this point I still don't realize this thread is about the same ones for sale on ebay...because I have not read it since there was just a couple of posts.

I wish I would have called and sent cash the second I read it. But probably would not have done any good as being there is not substitute. As much as we would all like to score a good deal it does make me sad to see him just flip them.

There are guys asking questions to the seller on ebay. Somebody should take the time to send them (the potential buyers) messages pointing them to this thread. Maybe they would shy away or not bid as highbut I doubt it. Supply and demand you know. If I was his next door neighbor and did not know about thisI would give him 1500 in a second.

Other side of the coin is that this guy can buy/sell what ever he likes. $hitty, yes...but not doing anything wrong. Just dont come around here looking for 2 channel or HT advice if you need it right guys/gals?

Maybe a more devious plan is the get some fake ebay accountsbid them up and then not follow through. Do this every time he lists them. Too much effort for me, but somebody should take up the cause.

Hey THB, If I can get my sis to drive them up in her mini-van with 3 screaming kids you want to split them? Seriously, I dont think I could buy from this guythe right ones will come along some day. Right GaryMD ;-)

Check out his eBay transactions. I'm sure this "great man" cuts a fine figure in his Pink Floyd casual wear while pack'n his laser sighted Glock (with grip extender and "Fear This" decal). Add to this having a fiance, either real or sock puppet, explain what great guy he really is, in my opinion, shouts.........................

wingnut.jpg

Rich,

I agree that these are NOT the right speakers anymore. I would be interested in a pair down the road for sure. But I'll need you to hang onto it for a few weeks and will probably change my mind a half dozen times.

2.gif

Also, what great deal did GaryMD get on a pair of Belles. I see it referenced all over this thread. From what I see on this forum and have heard from others, Gary is a great guy. So his great deal won't piss me off.

Here's some more mail from seller to me:

Seller's gf to me:

"Why would I lie about this? Why are you continuing this hateful thread? I really don't like all the threats he's been getting. I think you really need to calm down with all this.

Why are you so angry and untrustful?

You scare me.

E!"

Me to seller's gf:

"I scare you?????

Bwahahaha......bwahhahahaha.

Thanks, you just made my day.

Rick."

Seller's gf back to me:

Printing everything for my Lawyer.

Ever hear of harassment?

Me back to seller's gf:

Cool. Tell your lawyer that my wife advises you to "go wash the dishes and

let the husbands play......oh, you don't have a husband though, do you?

Well, good luck with that"......(direct quote from wife)(ya gotta love her)

Rick.