Good rock SACD's

Piranha

rock ... Hmmm....Most of my SACD's are all jazz let me take a look I don't have many but I'll look it over and get back to ya.

EDIT: As I suspected only Jazz SACD's. I have Eagles: Hell Freezes Over and Wings:Venus and Mars on DVD A. The Wings Disc sounds like the recording engineer had no idea of what he wanted when he began and improvised as he went...too bad

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road ....Elton (comes w/ a free dvfd of the making of the album in '74)

Toto IV ...................................Toto

Hydra .................................... Toto

Up ! ....................................... Shanai Twain (it is country rock) GREAT MIX !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{ If you want to blow your mind w/ a surround system..}

...get the BLUE MAN GROUP's - DVD Audio

http://search.ebay.com/blue-man-group-dvd-audio-complex_W0QQsofocusZbsQQsbrftogZ1QQfromZR10QQsojsZ1QQsatitleZblueQ20manQ20groupQ20dvdQ20audioQ20-complexQQsacatZ-1QQcatrefZC6QQsargnZ-1QQsaslcZ2QQsadisZ200QQfposZ77429QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQfsopZ2QQfsooZ2

~ Rock On ~

What's up, Tom. Not sure if these are your style, but some more modern alternative/rock SACD's that sound great (especially on your player!) are:

Snow Patrol "Final Straw"

Godsmack "The Other Side"

Death Cab For Cutie "Transatlanticism"

Nine Inch Nails "Downward Spiral"

DJ Krush "Jaku" (it's an import, so it's expensive - $50)

Incubus "Crow Left of the Murder"

Beck "Sea Change"

Five For Fighting "The Battle for Everything"

Bon Jovi "This Left Feels Right"

Muse "Hullabaloo" (discontinued, so it's also expensive)

And of course, Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon." But I'm sure you already own this, RIGHT??

At the risk of being a smart aleck, we could just about list EVERY SACD release here in one post!

A shame! Sony blows another opportunity!

And while it is not SACD, and many are want only to criticize DVD-A (as they contiunue to buy regular CDs - go figure!...)

The DVD-As that have been released of the Dead's American Beauty and Workingman's Dead are amazing alternatives to the originals. Mickey Hart did a great job!

And it's nice to finally get a hi-res pressing of The Band's Music from Big Pink.

----------------

On 5/3/2005 10:26:38 AM CaptnBob wrote:

"Bat Out of Hell"

----------------

Have you actually listened to this? Or is this anticipation speaking?

I was excited when I saw it, but the reviews have consistently been that it is perhaps the worst multichannel CD available. 6.gif I am asking simply as I was very excited to see it and curious to hear it, but the reviews certainly give pause...

Here are two representative samples from the reviews:

These two come directly from the SACD site listings at http://www.sa-cd.net/showtitle/602

"A great artist let down by a sub-standard SACD."

and:

"Actually the sonic of this SACD is so poor (both the sound quality and surround mix) that I initially thought that something was wrong with my audio-set and/or speaker connections. The sound quality is very thin and the surround effects in terms of the placement of the instruments and the artificial echo is even hilariously bad. This also ruins the excellence of the original performance. Honestly I am flabbergasted that professionals in the music-industry can create such an obvious misproduction. This SACD was one of the first pop music releases on the SACD format and therefore frequently used at early demonstrations. Maybe this is one of the reasons why the SACD format faced so many sceptics in the beginning . . ."

I hope these aren't correct, as it is a great CD, and Carla DeVita isn't bad either!! If it is a poor mix, we deserve another re-release of this title!