OT- New Honda for Me

Bill, I've been dealing with Honda West for about 25 years now. They get all my service and body work business as well. My salesman knows that I just walk in, say 'it's time, whats the colors and options?' and he'll have a sale in about an hour. Got about $2000 off sticker. He honestly makes about $500 for the dealership because he knows that they get all my business. I think my 2005 4 door EX with manual came to $21000 even, before sales tax.

Plus I was the first in my family to own Hondas and there's now about 15 of them between my brothers, aunts, uncles, and cousins.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 5/3/2005 7:29:40 AM krustyoldsarge wrote:

I worked them for about twenty years, but I don't recall the Air Force purchasing exotic speaker cables...

----------------

Krusty,

I think they were more into exotic ($100+) toilet seats, as I recall...2.gif

----------------

On 5/3/2005 10:31:51 AM fini wrote:

----------------

On 5/3/2005 7:29:40 AM krustyoldsarge wrote:

I worked them for about twenty years, but I don't recall the Air Force purchasing exotic speaker cables...

----------------

Krusty,

I think they were more into exotic ($100+) toilet seats, as I recall...
2.gif

----------------

I knew someone would bring them toilet seats up!14.gif

Hey, thats so you don't get your huevos blown off by ground fire (Apocalypse Now), doncha know!6.gif

"Synthetic lube also keeps GE-F110 engines in F-16 aircraft spinning. The hydraulic fluid for the landing gear and flight controls is also synthetic. I worked them for about twenty years, but I don't recall the Air Force purchasing exotic speaker cables..."

(sigh....there's one in every crowd)

Uhhhhh.....doncha think there's just an itsy-bisty, teenie-weenie (careful Michael - I know where your mind is going 11.gif) difference between what the bearings in the hot section of a 20,000rpm gas turbine sees versus the plain bearings in a 6,000rpm gas engine? Yeah - I thought so. Nice try.

Honda joke:

A guy is visiting his dentist and while sitting in the chair he feels a big gas pain coming on. Alas he cant hold it back any longer and lets it rip. The dentist is shocked not because his patient farted, but at the fact that it sounded like HONDA.

He asks his patient if he heard what he thinks he heard and the guy says, Yeah Doc, you heard right. Its been happening a lot lately and I cant figure out why. Poking around inside the mans mouth, the Dentist says, Well, I think youre in luck. I think Ive found whats causing your farts to make that HONDA sound. You have an abscess in a tooth.

An abscess? How can that be the cause?

The Doc says, Well..everyone knows that

Abscess makes the fart go HONDA!

----------------

On 5/3/2005 1:42:01 PM Tom Adams wrote:

Uhhhhh.....doncha think there's just an itsy-bisty, teenie-weenie (careful Michael - I know where your mind is going
11.gif
) difference between what the bearings in the hot section of a 20,000rpm gas turbine sees versus the plain bearings in a 6,000rpm gas engine? Yeah - I thought so. Nice try.

----------------

Careful, you might be supporting my point...6.gif

A man was sitting on a beach and he had no arms and no legs.

Three women walking past felt sorry for the poor man.

The first woman said "Have you ever had a hug?"

The bloke said "No", so she gave him a hug and walked away.

Then the second woman said "Have you ever had a kiss?"

The bloke said "No", so she gave him a kiss and walked away.

Then the third woman came up to him and said "Have you ever been f****d,

The bloke said "No", so she said "You will be when the tide comes in!"

Congrats on the new car! I have only had one and it turned out to be a lemon. 1986 Nissan Stanza wagon. It has been only used cars for me since then. Buy em young and wear them out. I have had great luck with the Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodges myself. If they didn't suffer an early death due to accident, they have all gone 240,000 + miles for me. I know you will enjoy that new car smell, it is the one thing I don't get.2.gif

----------------

On 5/3/2005 2:22:55 PM Cal Blacksmith wrote:

Congrats on the new car! I have only had one and it turned out to be a lemon. 1986 Nissan Stanza wagon. It has been only used cars for me since then. Buy em young and wear them out. I have had great luck with the Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodges myself. If they didn't suffer an early death due to accident, they have all gone 240,000 + miles for me. I know you will enjoy that new car smell, it is the one thing I don't get.
2.gif

----------------

Don't worry about that new car smell Cal. I heard an advertisement the other day from a used car only dealership that make me chuckle - especially since it was so true. They said:

"Don't be ashamed at buying a used car. Just remember - everybody out there is driving a used car."

DOH!6.gif

Tom

Congrats, Michael. My wife has a 1999 Accord EX, and it has treated us well over the years. Last fall, when I wrecked my SUV, I picked up a 1998 Accord EX since gas prices were about to shoot skywards. Glad I did.

As always, if you can save money on your overall vehicle expeditures by going Honda (or similar), there is more money left over to spend on other items (like to audio equipment).

Carl.

Congrats M, I had a 92 Accord and it was trouble free. A guy I work with just got a 2005 Accord this week and they sure have evolved nicely in the last 10+ years. You will love it.

Best of luck!

I just wish Honda would make some more RWD stuff!!!

I own a 1997 Camry with a V6 and a 5-speed (0-60 in 7.5 seconds 6.gif for a Camry) and while it runs great, the interior is AWFUL (literally everything is falling apart, faded, broken, etc.), but I plan on driving this car (90,000 miles) until the engine or tranny dies and then I will decide what I want to do. Either I will fix it (if it is worth it) or I will buy a new car, probably a Honda or Toyota. Honestly, if I crashed my car tomorrow, I would probably buy a...Scion tC with a stick. Cheap, as fast as my car, and a hell of a lot better handling. Also, I could drop a blower in it for a few grand and knock another second off the 0-60 time (low to mid 6's)

My realistic dream car would be a turbo Subaru with a stick (be it a WRX STI or a turbo Legacy)

So when are you gonna take a road trip up my way to break in the car and show it off?

And what's to become of the old honda? It's still in pretty good shape isn't it, despite the cosmetic damage?

Just got my stereo system put in my Accord this weekend, the car has excellent soundstaging. We used the stock locations for the midbass and tweeters in the front and the imaging is phenomenal! It took about six hours to get the bulk of the system in, but it was not too bad. I love this little car! The system consists of the following:

Alpine CDA-7998 Head Unit

Orion XTR-450 (50W X 4) a/d/s 236is 6.5" Components in Front, Clif Designs PH6.92X in the Rear

Orion XTR-2150 (150W X 2) (2) Orion 10" NT2 DVC subwoofers in a sealed enclosure

Orion 1 Farad Stiffening Capacitor

This little system is sick in this car.

Hi Frzn!

That's about what I have in my 96. Upgraded the 6x9's to Alpine, ALpine head unit and 6CD changer. Alpine 2/3/4 amp with 2 ch going to rears, two strapped together to power custom JBL cabinet with 10" 400 watt driver- KICKING ME RIGHT IN THE BEHIND.

Now new car has built in changer and funky dinky magnet speakers even though it sounds pretty darned good. WOnder what I can do to this system other than add sub and maybe better speakers? Controls are built into steering wheel, so if you change electronics, you mess everything up!

Michael