My Chorus speakers on Ebay

oconnor

I know my first post and I'm selling something.

A little background then,

I purchased them in 1991 new. I wanted Klipschorns but couldn't afford them so $1,000.00 bought me the 1st gen Chorus that I wowed friends and agrivated neighbors with for years.

I power them with an Adcom GFA5500 also on Ebay.

I also have a set of KG .5s and KV-1 and SW-8.

I'm not selling because I don't like Klipsch but in order to buy something a bit smaller (wifes idea).

I've been lurking for a while reading up on the smaller Klipsch systems trying to decide which will fill the void. 8.gif

Thanks all.

A few very small scratches but nothing you can spot unless your right down on top of them.

Everything else (top, grills, subs,horns) is perfect.

Ebay Item number: 5771592769

The unspoken rule is to offer them here _before_ you put them up on ebay.

What are we to do now? Compete against the world for them?

If you prefer to put them up on ebay regardless, for maximum profit, that's fine. But then please don't post about it here.

Welcome to Posting on the Forum.

If you have been lurking, it doesn't take long to see that items are offered here first.

The other point that you'll catch on to is that we dont all know each other's eBay names. So it may well then be possible that we are bidding against another Member. Not right.

In my family we had a stranger price, a Family price, Friend and a Friend of theirs prices.

Family was lowest. Most here kind of follow that and offer items at the Family price.

----------------

On 5/5/2005 2:14:24 PM dodger wrote:

The other point that you'll catch on to is that we dont all know each other's eBay names. So it may well then be possible that we are bidding against another Member. Not right.

----------------

As a newbie myself I too was unaware of this. How do I

announce my "intent" for an E-bay item?

Thanks,

Steve.

Why are people so quick to judge a person's action - he did say it was his first post, and he was selling something. Big deal. Why would someone feel welcome after getting a lecture right off the bat?

There's a right way and a wrong way of explaining things, and I do welcome oconnor aboard, heck, the guy is a longtime Klipsch owner - nothing wrong with that!

Thank you - now back to your regularly scheduled program.

----------------

On 5/5/2005 4:36:35 PM sfellini wrote:

----------------

----------------

Thanks,

Steve.

----------------

By, for example, starting a thread about them or posting in a related thread (like this one) that you were interested in bidding on them. And also asking anyone else if they are also interested in doing so??

Often, we may disagree on certain topics in here, but usually we try and help each other - even on purchases. And it begins by sharing info. That way, we all scan hopefully save some money (for more Klipsch speakers) and many can acquire some nice speakers in the process.

And yes, welcome, O' Connor. Now, you just need some much smaller Klipsch to fit the WAF.

Carl.

Hey again, I just find it somewhat non-discerning, that a person would go through the registration process, ignoring the posting policies, only to post an ad, *after* listing on ebay. If someone is looking to buy off ebay, they'd presumably go to ebay and search the multitudes.

"Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on this BB."-What does this mean? - it's *only* inappropriate, so I'll do it anyways? Maybe, as part of the registration, a new member would have to acknowledge, that they have at the least, read the rules?

While I realise inappropriate is a long word, with many syllables, maybe this could be replaced with by "not allowed"(and will be removed)?

At least it's some A/V related gear, as opposed to the Gameboy, we had last week..... so I guess it's getting, uhm..... better?

16.gif

About the only thing that I see as inappropiate here is the chastising of the new member. Where have all you self-appointed forum policemen been while others here have posted items for sale? Apparently moderators allow such postings, many others have done so in the past.

As far as the unwritten rule goes, how about those few here that post as much, chastise others for their asking price for an item they advertise here and then later post an item for sale here at a ridiculously high price? Where are you forum police dudes then?

I would like to apologize oconnor for the stupid remarks directed towards yourself here in your initial post. Welcome to the Forum. Good luck selling your speakers.

Keith

Honest mistake, but it feels like the phone call I got from an old acquaintence who called to 'catch up'. It was really good hearing his voice, but then he ended up trying to involve me in an Amway marketing business.

I don't mind items being offered for sale, as I've bought 3 items from members here, and one was an Ebay listing (only because I didn't jump on it when he offered it here FIRST).

but, anyway, welcome to the forum. Hang out, learn, etc.

Woo

p.s. you are going to miss those speakers. I always scratch my head when Significant Others (the ones who love you) stand in the way of what gives you pleasure. In more ways than one. I've seen it and experienced it and still don't understand it.

I thought I was polite enough, but should have added a smiley after my "What are we to do" line. I meant to, really! 2.gif

Emotions have not conveyed in posts, and it's easy to read too much into them.

----------------

On 5/5/2005 4:36:35 PM sfellini wrote:

----------------

----------------

Thanks,

Steve.

----------------

Hi Steve:

That's a great question.

I'll start: I'm dodge73challenger

so if I come in with a bid for a needed item send me an email or PM and I'll back off.

dodger Win

EDIT: Welcome to the Forum. Sorry if my post chastised. I agree STRONGLY with T2K if someone buys low here and sells high elasewhere. I have not seen it, but I have not looked for, that deserves chastisement. END EDIT

Just looked at your auction oconnor, your Chorus speakers are well worth the price that you're hoping to get. Just a little more money than the price of Heresy, but much more. For all practical purposes, a Cornwall.

I'll give you my opinion(even though you didn't ask for it)2.gif regarding classic Klipsch that I've owned that are a good value for the money, if you can find them. You might try a pair of KG2.5 bookshelves with a classic Klipsch sub such as an SW12II. The KG2.5's usually sell for about $150 a pair or less and the sub around $250 or so. If you're thinking HT then buy 2 pairs and a KG2.2V which is simply a 2.5 that is shielded. Even another 2.5 would work well for center duty. I bought 2 pair of KG2.5's and an SW12II for less than your 'hoped for' price of your Chorus.

I have several KT-LCR's that I AB'd with the 2.5's that I owned at the time and their sound is even more spacious because of the tractrix horn tweeter. Throws a wide soundstage. They're hard to come by but if you run across several they're fairly inexpensive. Either image very well, I think better than a larger speaker.

While they won't sound as 'large' as the Chorus the bookshelves give a lot for their price/size and they will not overpower a small room.

I haven't auditioned any newer Klipsch personally but you should ask questions here regarding anything you are thinking about buying. You will hopefully get good responses from folks here that are anxious to help, and its free too!

Again, good luck to you.

Keith

Wow, lots of feedback!

Thanks to everyone that posted, yeah or nay. I can feel the love!

From now on I'll let you guys know first. On motorcycle forums I frequent it's either/or and nobody minds, but we aren't as tight nit (fanatical?) a group perhaps :)

I listened to the old Chorus today and I don't know if I can sell them. I haven't really listemed to them for awhile and they are so nice. My smaller speakers just don't compare. I hooked them up straight to the Yamaha receiver (without the Adcom amp) and they still sound great.

Anyway, if I keep them I may want to upgrade the crossovers, is that a straight up deal or do you need to know your stuff? I assume someone in the forum can handle it for a fee?

I've been doing some searches so I don't have to hassle you for every little question, good stuff!

Thanks All,

and no hard feelings.

OConnor

Wow, some of you guys can be tough on a newbie! I've always felt that politeness goes a very long way than using not so nice sarcasm, rudeness, or an unfriendly manner in getting some points across.

-I would put the wife on E Bay first.-

Oh my, that's funny. Ok, now the wife thing! If I were married to a guy that had speakers that he loved so, I would NEVER but NEVER ask, suggest, hint, of any kind for him to rid himself of his beloved speakers. Sometimes I wonder if some wifes maybe just a little jeoulous of the time he spends with them speakers! If you love a guy, you love him! You love what is precious to him! You don't try and take it away! I feel very strong on this and just don't understand why some of you guys let your wife do this to you! You can quickly put her in her place by asking her to get rid of her favorite dress, shoes, or kitchen set. Might get her thinking! 6.gif2.gif