FS: Cornwalls

Royster

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting here first Royster, and I appreciate the special Forum discount. I've arranged to purchase these Cornwalls. It helped considerably that he is willing me meet me in Chicago for the transfer, so they'll never see a pallet or freight company. I always try to think of the good of the Klipsch product when buying or selling, and with larger speakers, I feel they MUST be hand delivered, no other way. Why risk it?

Since 3dzapper also expressed interest, I make this pledge: If I do not have these speakers actively employed in one of my systems within a years time, 3D will have first dibbs on the opportunity to repurchase them at my cost. Is that fair enough?

Michael

----------------

On 5/12/2005 4:21:49 PM sunnysal wrote:

my klipschorn birch raw speakers are all taped and show no plywood edges. so YMMV. tony

----------------

I was gonna say the same about a single Heresy II I sold to Tom Adams. Sheesh, Michael! Do your homework!

2.gif2.gif2.gif

I stand corrected, post above has been edited. Tough crowd. I guess there's no rules with Klipsch, things were built different every week.

We'll probably sooner or later come up with a Khorn with 12" woofer or a LS with K701 horn at this rate. Geesh!

Micahel

----------------

On 5/12/2005 5:29:30 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

Thanks for posting here first Royster, and I appreciate the special Forum discount. I've arranged to purchase these Cornwalls. It helped considerably that he is willing me meet me in Chicago for the transfer, so they'll never see a pallet or freight company. I always try to think of the good of the Klipsch product when buying or selling, and with larger speakers, I feel they MUST be hand delivered, no other way. Why risk it?

Since 3dzapper also expressed interest, I make this pledge: If I do not have these speakers actively employed in one of my systems within a years time, 3D will have first dibbs on the opportunity to repurchase them at my cost. Is that fair enough?

Michael
----------------

That's the sprit Michael. Hope you can make it to the Pilgrimage at some point.

I now have my first two Klipsch speakers ever, which are 77 Corns CWO, then the pair I got from Palm SPrings the 63 CWO verticals, split a pair of 85 CW II parts with Damon Payne for center verticals, so this will be 4th pair.

Kinda ridiculous, isn't it?

Also have pair Heresy, LS Industrial, LS extra bottom bins coming from IKF, and LS BR which I'll pick up Sunday.

That's the extent of the Heritage, for now...

It's MADNESS, I tell you..

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

.Royster and Rick (3dzapper),

Been cleaning the garage today and there's just too many speakers. I was going to use Roy's CBR's for veneer project speakers since the price was good. In thinking it over, sounds like Rick really wants them and has good use for them as well as a way to personally transport from WI to RI.

If it works for you Roy, I'd like to turn this over to Rick as repayment of his good Forum favor. He turned me on to the Industrial LS I got this year, which have always been my DREAM KLIPSCH speaker. I said at the time I owed him one.

Here it is..

If that doens't work for you for whatever reason, I'll be up Wednesday as planned to make good on our deal. Fair enough? In some Kosmic Klipsch Karmic way, it just sounds like the right thing to do. knowwhatimean?

Michael

Just got off the phone with Rick 3dZapper. Sounds like his is the best home for these Cornwalls. So they're his to purchase and transport. Hopefully another Forum member can step in and help around Chicago, since Royster is bringing them that far. (They have to be transported all the way to Rhode Island).

Rick is a great guy and his new all Heritage HT sounds awesome, I'll let him fill you in on the details but here's a hint (can you say every Heritage speaker except Belle?) Awesome collection!

Best wishes guys,

Michael

Rick is a great guy and his new all Heritage HT sounds awesome, I'll let him fill you in on the details but here's a hint (can you say every Heritage speaker except Belle?)

==========================================================

Show off... Wait, I know someone else that fits that catagory!! LOL

And I agree, a HT with Heritage is awesome!

Never too much Klipsch!

If it works for you Roy, I'd like to turn this over to Rick as repayment of his good Forum favor. He turned me on to the Industrial LS I got this year, which have always been my DREAM KLIPSCH speaker. I said at the time I owed him one.

========================================================

Colterphoto1 your amazing!!! First off your willing to go the extra mile for yourself and others in picking up stuff then you KNOW of a guy looking for something you bid on and willing to let him have it at your great find price!

Again, I am amazed at the generosity of helping each other on this board. This is, in a way, what it is all about too.

BTW ColterPhoto1 has the most beautiful pair of SPLIT industrial La Scalas I have seen. Seriously, they look brand new with the metal trim package. He called me while I was on vacation before the purchase and asked if he should take them? I said, "If you do not, I will!" I hardly doubt they had any abuse at all, and after rope caulking the metal horns on the mids to get rid of any ringing,... they are just stunning. He recently got a Harmon Kardon 430 and a 730 Amp I teased him to use either on the La Scalas (I know he will at least try) I bet he will have a OMG factor to just how sweet they are, using these (throw away, older, made in Japan, heavy, outdated, non Dolby Digital, hahahah etc., etc., amps!) Sometimes stereo through good amplification on this horn system is just rocking solid wonderful... Andy and others were so right. Maybe not sub sub bass, but plenty natural clean solid pounding bass compared to today's amps for some reason.

Congrats to a great guy, a good friend, and nice to see people do the right thing and look out for one another on here too!

If it was my sale, I'd cancel the original offering and sell to the local crowd first, hence, PICKUP only, otherwise, you got guys all over the US jumping on things prior to LOCAL dudes getting a chance.

A lot of us don't LIVE on the Klipsch forum, like you guys that have 40 pair of everything already anywho.

Yeah, I'm about 15 miles from Royster myself, and might have taken the $550 plunge if I was camped out on the forum. Somebody will get a nice pair of Corn's in the end, tho, so good luck to whoever.

Guys, guys!

I was trying to make a gentlemanly gesture to the second man to respond positively to the ad. Having not heard personally from Royster myself, I consider that our original deal is still on unless he and I come to other agreement. Please, please discontinue offering to purchase these as this sale is considered closed. Lets not get into a bidding war among ourselves.

I have made attempts today to contact him and have left message with his home number. I suppose it is his call at this point, but at no time have I backed out of our agreement, just was trying to pass it along to someone else. Now EVERYONE wants into the deal. Sorry guys, it really shouldn't work that way.

I didn't mean to complicate anyone's life in making my offer to 3Dzapper. I will honor our original agreement and purchase them and offer them for resale if it will keep Roysters life simple.

Michael