You Know Who You Are So Step Up and Take a Bow!!!!!!!

thebes

Its great to be here in Hope, Arkansas tonight and to spin a few tunes for you. But before we continue with this evenings show, lets take a moment to thank all the folks working behind the stage who made this evenings concert such a success.

First up is JoeSporster on Cornwalls

Followed by Bob Crites on Tweeters and original spec crossovers

Lets put your hands together for Craig, our own resident amplifier maestro

And Im not forgetting 3dzapper on wires and cables

Also, Guy Landrau our business manager who came up with the Marantz 7T and helped out on the CJ PV3

And Im not forgetting, TK2(Keith) on amp switching

Although too numerous to mention Id like to thank all the fine folks who provided info that led me down the road to a Rega P3 TT the Ah! Tjoeb99 tube cd player.

The evening would not be complete without a special thanks to LarryC and our own Gary Powers who kindness and generosity opened up the possibilities of heading to the next level..

Finally Id like to also thank all the little people out there (and if you have to get up on a chair to look in the bathroom mirror, you know who you are) whose hard work has assisted in the creation of The Thebes penultimate stereo system.

Now lets get back to the music and it seems appropriate to crank it back up with Jackson Browns Stay . You know how it goes:

People stay just a little bit longer

We want to play -- just a little bit longer

Now the promoter don't mind

And the union don't mind

If we take a little time

And we leave it all behind and sing

One more song--

Yes folks its a twofer tonight: A gear and a music thread, so what should I throw on next. Lets rock this house down!!!!!!!!

thebessystem.jpg

post-14801-13819264875126_thumb.jpg

Enough of all the nice stuff! (apreciate it by the way). Let's rock!!!!

How about some Stones, I'm thinking Sticky Fingers.

Had a confusing day, the delivery of the 8b is almost a second post in itself.

So The Twins are out of town for their annual Doublemint Convention. Finally get the gear together with numerous interuppting calls from Bubbles. Crank it up and then more calls: Cathy, Susan, Peggy, of yeah, and Swetlana, Kiki, Collette and Tina. Guess they heard the ladies were on the road. The changer's spending more time on "pause" then "play" Finally break loose hear some sounds and try to hook into the Forum, but the damn fancy-pants, brand new-in-the-box highspeed connection is down.

Enough of that nonsense, let's party, remember it's a twofer so here's a before pic of the Marantz underside. Ever seen an 8b nekkid before?

8bunderside16.jpg

post-14801-13819264875886_thumb.jpg

Man what a difference! The after picture almost seems to emanate light and everything is a bit bigger. Nice upgrade. How did you get all the new components to look exactly like the vintage ones, cool, that must have set you back some. I like how even the angles of the wires and the colors were kept identical to the original. whew!

C&S9.gif10.gif11.gif

Well the "Panama Red" test worked a little to well but I'm awake now.

I love the volumne knob on the 7T. Seems to be working well. The neighbors are walking down the street with towels wrapped around their ears, kinda unusual sight on a 80 degree day.

So back to my shipping adventure. Craig ships the tubes etc. in a seperate box. I look up the tracking number when I get home, it's says it's delivered but no package. I live at 2208 so I go to 2108 ( block away) and sure enough it's there with a will try again notice on the second package-the 8b. Get through to fedex get that straightened out, have them leave it in my secret hiding spot . Get home there it is. The top is crushed and its leaking peanuts all over the place. Drag it inside (it weighs 60 lbs.) open it up and the second box is also trashed. Very nevously open up the third box, release the buble wrap and Yea! it's ok, not a scratch. Hook it up, plug the cd player into the 7t with a brand new set of interconnect made from Rick's magic silver wire and absolutely nothing. Swap out the interconnect and wallah I'm in business. Must be defective magic silver wire-couldn't possibly be my soldering skills.

Iniital impressions are it's wonderful but is going to need some burn in and fiddling. The tweeters, crossover cans, and output tubes are all brand new. The 7t probably hasn't been used in months.

So it gets a steady dose of high volrtage impact music over the next few days.

Working on the bass right now with some Gov't Mule. Help me break this sucker in! More tunes please.

I have been meanign to wtire a couple of reviews but never got around to it.

THe 2 coolest digital redbook remasters (2 cd sets) I have acquired recently are the Allman Brothers "Live at Fillmore East" and Blind Faith.

They both just CRANK for lack of an audiopile set of adjectives.