What movie for Premier night?

mandi

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you should pick up "Appleseed," an incredible animation that was out in theaters the same time as "The Incredibles." Obviously, being an anime, it wasn't nearly as well-known to the mass public, but critics all hail it as the "Incredibles Killer." And I agree. It's an amazing movie with awesome characters, mind-bending action, constant twists and turns, an unbelievable plot, brilliant story-telling, massive machinery, insane robots, incindiary firepower, breathtaking visuals, and lush orchestration.

SEE IT!!!

----------------

On 6/2/2005 4:02:29 PM nicholtl wrote:

I think you should pick up "Appleseed," an incredible animation that was out in theaters the same time as "The Incredibles." Obviously, being an anime, it wasn't nearly as well-known to the mass public, but critics all hail it as the "Incredibles Killer." And I agree. It's an amazing movie with awesome characters, mind-bending action, constant twists and turns, an unbelievable plot, brilliant story-telling, massive machinery, insane robots, incindiary firepower, breathtaking visuals, and lush orchestration.

SEE IT!!!

----------------

I am going to try and find it. If it truly is an "Incredibles killer" then it must be one whale of a movie!

In the meantime, I would second National Treasure. It is a recent release so maybe fewer have already seen it. It can keep most of th ekids attention but is serious enough to keep the adults attention as well. And maybe, just mayber, there is some history that everyone can pick up on and learn.

----------------

On 6/2/2005 4:02:29 PM nicholtl wrote:

SEE IT!!!

----------------

I am sure you are right Nick but I am not a fan of anime. I know there are a great many people who love it, my son included but for me it just looks cheesey and cheap. I guess it is a good thing I am not the one who is looking for a film3.gif

"... I am not a fan of anime. I know there are a great many people who love it, my son included but for me it just looks cheesey and cheap. I guess it is a good thing I am not the one who is looking for a film3.gif

You've got to be kidding, a ridiculous amount of work goes into that kind of animation.

Woo Hoo, I just brought the "Big Screen" home. I guess I should have taken a picture, you would have gotten a kick out of seeing a 4' x 8' sheet of 1/2 MDF in the back seat of a Seabring (sp), with the top down of course. Good thing I only had to drive about a mile. Screen size will actually be

44 inches by 78.25 inches for a whopping 89.77 inch diagaonal. Shootin for the 10th or 11th to be opening night.

These are all good recommendations.

For my money, I would say that on the whole, any of the PIXAR movies would be good choices, my favorites being "Finding Nemo" and "Monsters Inc.".

I agree with John Albright's SCI-FI selections, everyone of them. That will be upto you assessing your crowd as being SCI-FI fans or not.

DM

I've always loved "Forbidden Planet". I saw it first on "The Big Show" on channel 5 in Nashville around 1963. I was cold and shaking when the monster was coming into the lab. I probably had nightmares, too.

When I showed it to my kids at age 5 and 7, they ran to Mommie at the same place. It was great! I had to listen to some *****in' about nightmares for a week, but it was worth it. The boys like it still.

We are almost ready!!!Watched TV tonight with wires ran across the floor and only one speaker hooked up. I can say this is going to be a fun summer and fall, I cannot wait for Monday Night football. Next time I post I will have a picture for everyone.

I have been trying to upload a picture for a couple of days, keep getting an error of some sort(An error occurred saving file to disk).

Wally, can you view yours during daylight hours outside? The projector I am using has 1600 alums and it pretty much has to be half hour or more past sunset to view.

My son is having the party and is 14, no tots/kids allowed 2.gif

Unfortunately it needs to be almost completely dark, not sure the rating. We will probably start about 8:45 or so since its 3 days from the summer solstice.

I originally had a driveway movie theater where I duct tape a king size sheet to the garage door, rear project form the garage and seating in the driveway. Its amazing the picture you can get out of a $10 sheet! Ive since built a portable PVC rig that we set up in the backyard. Its a blast.

----------------

On 6/11/2005 2:44:09 PM krustyoldsarge wrote:

"A Series of Unfortunate Events"

----------------

I watched that last night and I thought it was a pretty enjoyable movie. Had some great bass and sound effects scenes as well.

D