Possibly 2 MC-240s available

dodger

Okay, my 1985 Toyota Mini Pick-up may have bitten the dust today.

If it's a major engine problem, it won't be worth the cost to fix.

Looking realistically, I don't want to be strapped with payments.

I would be putting up both of my McIntosh 240s.

As addeds I have two Richardson Electronics matched quads of G. E. 6L6GC's Tele ECC 82s, 83s, 12 BH7s.

Also one Pair of LW Cornwall IIs.

Both have tube Cages. If you're near me and have a reliable vehicle, we can work it out.

I'll know tomorrow, but I would want to Ponder. This will be an offer, sorry, lots going on, not a lot good.

If a trade for vehicle, small is nice.

Sorry to hear about that, unless the body is badly rotten, I would consider putting in an engine from a wrecking yard, provided one could be found. If you do decide to replace it, then there is the safety inspection, registering the title and getting insurance on the newer vehicle.

----------------

On 6/2/2005 5:38:09 PM michael hurd wrote:

Sorry to hear about that, unless the body is badly rotten, I would consider putting in an engine from a wrecking yard, provided one could be found. If you do decide to replace it, then there is the safety inspection, registering the title and getting insurance on the newer vehicle.

----------------

Body is 7 / 10. Problem is even though I paid for it, it wound up being registered in her name and there's trouble in paradise.

She's got the mine, I've got the shaft.

That is really very bad to have to sell precious gems to have wheels, I am sorry to hear about your situation, and I mean that. But, if you decide to sell, I am trying to put together a tube system and would be interested. Where are you located near?

Before I threw in the towel I would get a second mechanics opinion, anyway. Unless the first was someone you really trusted - but then again, anyone can be wrong and sometimes a fresh look at the problem may reveal a workable solution.

Good luck.

Win, I'd be interested in the small tubes. Let me know about them.

Also, I can help out in avoiding shipping on those 240s, let me know as well. You know where I am, so if there's interest past me, I can help you split the difference and avoid the hazards in shipping.

Also, I'll be down in Fredonia, NY next weekend, and also the weekend of 6/25, if anyone interested in them wants to meet there. I'm sure these amps are pretty tip-top. Win's got a McWizard on retainer!

edit It struck me that you may want those tubes available to help sell the amps. Give that the priority, obviously. Also, email me regarding what you are after ina vehicle. I know some car guys, and can put a feeler out if I know where you want to be.

----------------

On 6/2/2005 10:49:49 PM ben. wrote:

Oh, if you want something small to drive, my boss has his Mini Cooper S up for sale. Only 8K on it....

80mph in second gear is pretty cool, y'know
6.gif

----------------

Now that's helping a brother out....go for the Cooper S. Unless you gotta have that truck bed.

FYI, the new forth coming Toyota Tacoma will be significantly larger inside and out. I've see pic's in Autoweek magazine. So the dealers will be wheelin & Deelin on the out going models. Hagle hagle hagle, and do your research. Edmunds.com is an excellent starting point, and will list all the dealer insentives, and kickbacks. Anyway, the new Tacoma is going to take the place of the current (2005) Tundra, which by the way is due for a major change also.

The next generation Tundra will be Toyota's response to that ugly Honda Ridgeline; So it will be Toyota's first attempt at a full size truck. I've gotta good feeling about the Tundra too.

Sorry to hear about you woe's, keep the chin high, and don't let it get ya down. Make some lemonade

Win,

I might be interested in a MC-240, I am itching to try a tube amp! It all depends on price as I have a limited budget after having to buy a new used car myself and then put $900 in service work in it. Please email or PM me with some details when you decide what you are going to do.

I guess the odds aren't that high of everyone before me passing, but I'd also raise my hand to express interest.

This stinks too, I recently "gave" my Miata to someone for $300 on ebay. I ended the auction early just to try to help him out (I was more interested in getting rid of it than making anything on it & he had a perfect rating so I closed auction)

heck, I'd given it to you just to help keep you mobile. Being a convertible, I've carried a TON of things in it. Pull top back & the sky is the limit 9.gif

Before anyone thinks I was the saint that my dogs think I am, it had about 205,000 on it, was ugly BUT mechanically reliable.

Win,

I hate fooling w/ car problems. I feel your pain. Sorry to hear about your plight.

I, too am interested in either of the MC240s that you have for sale. I don't have a vehicle for trade, so my offer would be for cash.

what are you asking for the amps?

Mitch