Looking into buying some Walkie Talkies. Need some advice

m00n

So camping season is getting close and we would like to get some walkie talkies. This is definitly an area where I have no knowledge. Any of you know what to look for, what brands are good? I'm eyeing a few different motorola models. Here is the main one I'm looking at.

Image is clickable.

p1472154dt.jpg

----------------

On 6/6/2005 2:00:58 AM neo33 wrote:

Hmmm, I hate Microsucks! Looks like Firefox can't see it!

----------------

You must have disabled images or something. I am browsing on firefox, and I can see fine.

Firefox rules, IE blows - it's a simple concept that everyone can understand.

----------------

On 6/6/2005 10:34:43 AM meuge wrote:

----------------

On 6/6/2005 2:00:58 AM neo33 wrote:

Hmmm, I hate Microsucks! Looks like Firefox can't see it!

----------------

You must have disabled images or something. I am browsing on firefox, and I can see fine.

Firefox rules, IE blows - it's a simple concept that everyone can understand.

----------------

Fine what ever, but can we prevent this from turning into a IE bashing and FF praisal thread? You like FF, others like IE, lets just leave it at that.

----------------

On 6/6/2005 10:25:22 AM fini wrote:

Personally, I think you'd have more fun camping with those Amsterdam sex toys. PS: Put them on "vibrate."

----------------

Fini.... I doubt it. My wife is very anti sex when we go camping which is very unfortunite because I get very horney when camping. 11.gif

Moon, those look pretty full featured. Lots of channels, VOX, noise cancellation knob. Price seems reasonable. I used some Audiovox, I think for a wedding once, horribly noisy things.

If you're using them for camping, you have the added element that there won't be so much interference and you're in a quiet surrounding, not like using them in the city.

Let us know how the testing turns out. Personally I'd like a smaller set, but maybe you need the big antennae for distance.

Michael

----------------

On 6/6/2005 10:40:05 AM colterphoto1 wrote:

I'd like a smaller set, but maybe you need the big antennae for distance.

Michael

----------------

Same here. Motorola has some other models that are smaller and seem to be just about as full featured as these which is why I was wanting to post. I was wondering if I was missing the boat as to why these may be better than others.

m00n,just make sure you get an "audiophile"grade,maybe somethin' with horns for first rate reproduction.I have a set of motorola that work fine but are a little weak on bass,maybe add a sub?2.gif

mOOn:

If you go Motorola, make sure of a newer pair.

What would be the maximum distance that you'd use them.

If you're within a mile, there are some of the communicators - that would save you money.

If you go CBs, remember channel 9 is supposed to be emergency, 19 for truckers. You'd have better luck with 19.

Look for good battery life, ability to withstand moisture and impact. Also if you go CB designate a channel BEFOREHAND in the case of getting lost.

Did you get the email I sent?

Win