OT: 38% of French Men Want To Become Pregnant

Parrot

Frzninvt9.gif

j-malotky9.gif9.gif

bsafirebird19699.gif9.gif9.gif

A few months ago I gave a pool demonstration for a bunch of 7th graders. It was part of a "learn something new day" at their school. I started talking about "English" and then showed them its effects. I explained that I had no idea why it was called English and said something like, "I guess they could have called it French or German". I then asked the class why they thought it wasn't called French or German and some kid on the left shouts, "because the French suck!" It was all I could do to continue the demonstration. I can here the kid now. "The French not only suck, theyre weirdos too!

----------------

On 6/11/2005 1:23:52 AM boomac wrote:

I then asked the class why they thought it wasn't called French or German and some kid on the left shouts, "because the French suck!"

----------------

Sounds like he has smart parents.

9.gif

OK. I know it's fun for some people to bash the French, maybe it's like telling lawyer jokes. I hope that the French members of this forum aren't offended.

Too many of us have forgotten the strong bonds between France and the US. France was the first nation to officially recognize the US after our revolution. France has always been an ally of the US and never an enemy. I can't think of another world power with that distinction. Our Statue of Liberty was gift from France as was much of the philosophy that is the basis of our democracy. The French still honor Americans buried in France who gave their lives fighting for liberty. After 9-11, Jacques Chirac stated that "We are all Americans."

As far as an unwillingness to engage in war, are you forgetting about Afghanistan? France initially sent over 5,000 troops and has over 1,500 troops still there. Check this link. As far as the war in Iraq goes, it looks more and more like the French were right after all while our administration looks pretty foolish to have mounted an invasion of a country based on bad or even contrived foriegn intelligence with no occupation or rebuilding strategy.

Don't forget that the French KNOW the tragedy of war better than most of us - they have lived with it. Major theaters of operation of two world wars were on French soil - I doubt that you can find many French families that were not directly affected and still know that pain. The French have known victory and defeat and more importantly learned the folly of imperialism.

One of my pastors was a Major in the French military. He's tough. Very compassionate, but tough as well.

He also has some tough words for many of the French. (I do almost laugh out loud when he preaches because he sounds like Inspector Clouseau)2.gif

Marvel

The French love to argue..even among themselves.

They have such a romantic language, and occasionally sexy French women are very sexy too... That is till they raise their arms and unshaved for whatever my American raising.. Grosses me out..YUCK!!

----------------

On 6/12/2005 6:15:51 PM sputnik wrote:

Too many of us have forgotten the strong bonds between France and the US.

--------------

Things change, not always for the better. If anyone forgot, it was the french a few years ago.

----------------

On 6/12/2005 8:03:08 PM m00n wrote:

Things change, not always for the better. If anyone forgot, it was the french a few years ago.

----------------

What did the French do, other than not blindly follow us like lemmings into a trumped up war?

I love french fries, but patriot fries make me sick! Does the fact that someone doesn't agree with us make them our enemy? If that is the case, most of the world would be our enemy. Rome wasn't built in a day, but it fell almost overnight.