Just Scored a pair of Belles ( should I keep them )

Dylanl

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a pair of 76 Belles and before that a pair of 75 Belles (formerly jazzmans and Jordans) and wasn not quite satisfied until the new networks from Dean were installed. Day and Night Night and Day (to quote a song). Previous to the Belles the only klipsch i had owned were a pair of 76 Corns (now owned by Chris King - yes the ones that everyone drools over) and a pair of 85 last edition original corns.

For my room - very big with very very high ceiling - the Belles are perfect. With the Dean networks they fill the room with music that covers you! I unfortunately do not have the right kind of wall for K-horns so I think Im doing the best i can do for my enviornment.

Let us know after you try the K-Horn networks what you think

josh

Attractive pair - look like my mains.

And that nice looking cylinder looks suspiciously like the one I have in our family room (main HT setup). My Belles downstairs get one of those enormous SVS boxes (not very wife-friendly though). Good value - great subs.

Let us know what you think after you try the ALKs in them.

Carl.

Don't mean to flame you my friend but knowing where these fine speakers sit in the Kilpsch lineup did you really expect members of the Kilpsch Forum to say; "Na don't keep 'em the damm things are piles of crap?"

In my opinion the audio world is exactly like the art world. I was taught if art makes you feel pleasure, if it touches you, it's good art. (a very cool missionary teacher of mine in High School who is also an accomplished artist)

If an audio component sounds good in your system, it's a good component. I think this is more true with speakers than with anything else.

My two centavos.

Bill Woodward

I have found that the dings and scratches...and my K'Horns were treated to these from their previous owner...7.gif ...disappear when you start playing them...beautiful sound...enjoy or pass them on to the growing line of suitors growing here.

Bill

----------------

On 6/30/2005 10:41:08 AM Dylanl wrote:

----------------

On 6/27/2005 9:35:00 AM Frzninvt wrote:

What was your conclusion on the Belle's sound?

----------------

I think I am going to sell the Belles.

----------------

Thats a mistake.

I agree. It all comes down to preference and a limited number of rooms and/or space. He has great sets of Klipschorns and Altecs and Belles - and can keep only two sets. Recently, I had to get rid of my Dean-modded RF-7s because I just ran out of space, and they would not go with my Belles and my Altecs. Even though some of my friends have multiple sets of large Klipsch (and other large) speakers throughout their home (garage, shed, work, etc.), I only have one room available for large speakers - and it reached its capacity. If a great deal on Klipschorns came my way locally, I also would have a difficult decision similar to what Dylanl is faced with.

So, while I would not necessarily call his decision a mistake, he might regret it a bit later. But, on the flip side, he is blessed with some great remaining speakers.

Just part of the audio journey - and maybe one or two of our forum members can benefit from his acquisition.

Carl.

----------------

On 6/30/2005 1:36:52 PM cjgeraci wrote:

I agree. It all comes down to preference and a limited number of rooms and/or space. He has great sets of Klipschorns and Altecs and Belles - and can keep only two sets. Recently, I had to get rid of my Dean-modded RF-7s because I just ran out of space, and they would not go with my Belles and my Altecs. Even though some of my friends have multiple sets of large Klipsch (and other large) speakers throughout their home (garage, shed, work, etc.), I only have one room available for large speakers - and it reached its capacity. If a great deal on Klipschorns came my way locally, I also would have a difficult decision similar to what Dylanl is faced with.

So, while I would not necessarily call his decision a mistake, he might regret it a bit later. But, on the flip side, he is blessed with some great remaining speakers.

Just part of the audio journey - and maybe one or two of our forum members can benefit from his acquisition.

Carl.

----------------

Good point(s).

"Khorn crossovers are not interchangeable with Belle crossovers, different midrange crossover point."

So, If you have a Type "A" crossover in a Belle and you want to use it in a Khorn, are what taps of the Autoformer are you supposed to change? Or is there anything else that you are supposed to change?

"Khorn crossovers are not interchangeable with Belle crossovers, different midrange crossover point."

I don't think that is entirely true since the pre-'83 models that had the "A" and "AA" networks in them were interchangeable. I don't think that the crossover components in the AA varied from model to model. They were all essentially the same with the exception of the parts being arranged differently on the board.

I was not until the implementation of the K-55M squawker that the networks took on the individuality with the creation of the AK (Khorn), AB (Belle), and AL (La Scala) prior to that they were all identical as far as I know. Good question though!