Just Scored a pair of Belles ( should I keep them )

Dylanl

Joseph Heckle from the forum is supposed to pick them up this Saturday. He has been in contact with me since the 1st day I posted the question. If the deal falls through I will repost them.

I think he should be happy with them.

They are very nice sounding speakers I am just out of space. Top end is very smooth with my Scotts maybe even more so than the Klipschorns.

I would love to keep them but if you guys notice from the pictures my game room is starting to look more like a garage than a living space. The wife factor is coming into play since I made a promise that I would only keep 2 pairs. I agree with some of you that down the road I will be thinking why did I do that but I am stuck between a rock and a hard place.14.gif

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 7/1/2005 9:12:41 AM Dylanl wrote:

Joseph Heckle from the forum is supposed to pick them up this Saturday.

----------------

Damn, I thought I lifted my leg and marked my territory pretty well with my quick responce to the original post 2.gif

Guess I was not aggreseive enough by bombarding you with PM/email. Was trying to give you a little distance to try them out first. My bad 8.gif

For any future belle sellers out there; if you have a pair (or single) of WO you want to sell give me a yell. I don't care much about cost...I care about the condition of the speaker. i.e. top dollar paid.

----------------

On 7/1/2005 8:05:03 AM Frzninvt wrote:

"Khorn crossovers are not interchangeable with Belle crossovers, different midrange crossover point."

I don't think that is entirely true since the pre-'83 models that had the "A" and "AA" networks in them were interchangeable. I don't think that the crossover components in the AA varied from model to model. They were all essentially the same with the exception of the parts being arranged differently on the board.

I was not until the implementation of the K-55M squawker that the networks took on the individuality with the creation of the AK (Khorn), AB (Belle), and AL (La Scala) prior to that they were all identical as far as I know. Good question though!

----------------

My '82 Belles came with the 55M and AB networks. Bob Crites re-built them into A/AA convertibles. The "A" sounds fantastic in the Belles, better IMO, than the "AA". According to Bob Crites the performance of the 55M is so similar to that the previous generation 55 that the A/AA networks can be used with good results. He also siad that by looking at the Belles original AB network on the scope he understands why the ABs' are not well received.

----------------

On 7/1/2005 10:07:09 AM rplace wrote:

----------------

On 7/1/2005 9:12:41 AM Dylanl wrote:

Joseph Heckle from the forum is supposed to pick them up this Saturday.

----------------

Damn, I thought I lifted my leg and marked my territory pretty well with my quick responce to the original post
2.gif

Guess I was not aggreseive enough by bombarding you with PM/email. Was trying to give you a little distance to try them out first. My bad
8.gif

For any future belle sellers out there; if you have a pair (or single) of WO you want to sell give me a yell. I don't care much about cost...I care about the condition of the speaker. i.e. top dollar paid.

----------------

Rplace,

Did you get my e-mail? They still have those Belles available...

David

i wasnt going to say anything about getting the belles untill the deal was done and i had them hooked up, THE DEAL WONT BE FALLING THRU I AM picking them up in the morning, i was in contact with dylani even before he got the belles discussing k horns and i emailed him about buying the belles almost as fast as he posted here, since the k horns i was looking at fell thru a week earlier, i didnt have to badger or browbeat dylani for the deal i emailed him 2 times after that the deal was struck. I am trying to get as close to k horns as possiable since i dont seem to be able to find any close enough in my price range 10.gif Joe

hey brett

they sound awsome, i cant beleive the differance between the belles and the la scalas, bells are clearer, have better seperation and imageing, bass is good they actually fit better than i thought they would, now i have to figure out what to do with the scalas. they are setting in the middle of the room now will think on that tomarrow thanks for the deal, it was nice meeting you got home around 6 30 pm we took 40 east and spotted a yard sale and a flea market we stopped at picked up a couple albums thanks again Joe

No, it cannot - but that being said, I also prefer the Belle sound slightly to that of LaScalas, for the reasons Joe noted. To me, LaScalas always shined more in a very large room - and with a very large throw, whereas the Belles sound better to me in a smaller room or newer field application. Yes, smaller mid lens, but I've never found the Belle mid-horn to be deficient.

Again, congrats Joe. And Dylanl, thanks for helping a forum bud out. Part of what makes this a special place to be.

Carl.