Best Concert DVD to show off System?

getech

The opening to Elevation is amazing, you hear the track playing with the crowd in the surround then they come on stage and plug in and WOW.

I love Hyde Park as well, great performance, but in terms of sound quality the DVD concert from One More Car One More Rider is fantastic if your a EC fan. Also great, but not in front of a live crowd is Sessions for Robert J. Sounds like the drum set is in your living room.

----------------

On 6/30/2005 10:10:43 AM jacksonbart wrote:

The opening to Elevation is amazing, you hear the track playing with the crowd in the surround then they come on stage and plug in and WOW.

----------------

JB, I totally agree...from the opening few minutes to the very end it is amazing. It is the only DVD I have watched yet that made me actually feel like I was at the gig.

One of my Favorites:

The Eagles, "When Hell Freezes Over."

Something about that build up of Hotel California. One instrument at a time. One word... Amazing!

I have seen them about 3-4 times in my lifetime. In the past, they NEVER sounded this good live. They probably do sound great today, they have enough $$ to afford the best people to surround them to make sure it is a good product. I saw them on the Hotel California tour.. Was majorly dissapointed. Fell back in love with them with this DVD.

Depending on your taste, and your guest taste in music. I like to get out Led Zepplins new dvd for most of my friends. The second disc starts out with a driving tune called "immigrant song". Then I like to fast forward it to "Since i've been loving you". That tune has just an amazing opening solo. I then like to fast forward it to some acoustic stuff "Going to California". Another tune to show off is the solo of "Stairway to Heaven" with the doubleneck sg. Man does that guitar have great tone, but that intro to Since.... may take the medal home for me tone wise. Tough call but that is my favorite disc for now to show off my system. I get alot of " That's so clear, and loud!", "Wow I never heard Zep sound that good!", I am thinking that's what there saying, because it's really a matter of reading their lips. That demo right there is enough to get most people I know to say "What kind of speakers are those again?". Also "Which DvD is this?". " I never seen this one"

For the best overall HT experience (performance, video, and sound), Talking Heads: Stop Making Sense is my favorite. IMO, it is the best concert video of all time. Yes, there are better quality sound and video in more modern releases (and that's just better technology - Stop Making Sense was as good as possible for the mid 1980's).......but NOTHING I've seen tops the PERFORMANCE and the video snapshot of that performance.

Indy: Yeah, the Eagles DO sound that clean on recent live performances. I saw them at Deer Creek in the mid 90's (this was the rescheduled show - postponed due to Glenn Frey's surgery). Definitely one of the best tours for large scale arena/shed sound. For $100 per ticket (and that was 10 years ago), it should......but I most certainly left feeling it was worth it (and I drove 5 hours for the first scheduled date before I found out it was cancelled). After making two trips to Indy to see that show, I certainly had a "this better be worth it" attitude walking in, and they delivered.

----------------

On 7/1/2005 8:30:09 AM rplace wrote:

Wheelman, what is the name of that LZ DVD?

----------------

There really is no title on the box. Here is a link to look at it.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008PX8P/qid=1120263225/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-7292335-3092609?v=glance&s=dvd

I wonder why I can't get a link to work without someone having to copy and paste? It's not that hard but there you go.