Do Heritage owners ever buy new?

I bought my 2005 LaScalas new this year from a Klipsch dealer. I mentioned it in a post today, but that thread seems to have been pulled from this forum. Part of the thread was about what might be happening in September with the Heritage line, there was some teasing about the secret, and maybe the secret got out and the thread was pulled - I don't know. I'd like to know what happened.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 7/25/2005 4:47:22 PM pauln wrote:

I bought my 2005 LaScalas new this year from a Klipsch dealer. I mentioned it in a post today, but that thread seems to have been pulled from this forum. Part of the thread was about what might be happening in September with the Heritage line, there was some teasing about the secret, and maybe the secret got out and the thread was pulled - I don't know. I'd like to know what happened.

----------------

PAUL!6.gif What are you doing! Remember what happened at Roswell!!!!!! 10.gif

{edit: just kidding. Please don't make my thread become one of the "Disappeared." 9.gif }

The last brand new ones I bought were in 1988 when I bought my Forte's through AAFES in Germany, back when they sold them. I also bought some Heresy's. There are no Heritage dealers in the tri-state area that have any product (VT, NH, NY) that are accessible so used it is. A sad state of affairs!

----------------

On 7/26/2005 9:06:51 AM Frzninvt wrote:

The last brand new ones I bought were in 1988 when I bought my Forte's through AAFES in Germany, back when they sold them. ----------------

Where did you live in Germany? My Dad worked at the Embassy in Bonn, and we lived in Bad Godesberg from 1968-1972. It was a great place to live and I go back nearly every year to Deutchland.1.gif

I was in Deutchland from May 1986 to Apr 1989 assigned to the HQ USAFE/SP at Ramstein AB in the Kaiserslautern area. I was an administrator for the HQ Security Police there. I loved Germany! It was tough to leave, the gear available at AFEES and the Audio/Photo clubs at the time was unprecedented. I came back with a monster system!

I partied hard in Germany, Bad Durkhiem Wine Festival, Octoberfest, Rhine River Cruise, Toured Hitler's Eagles Nest, Dachau Concentration Camp, visited the Salt Mines in Salzburg, Austria and went on the Sound of Music tour, not to mention Pink Floyd Live in Mannheim in 1988 what a show!

----------------

On 7/26/2005 9:21:23 AM Frzninvt wrote:

I partied hard in Germany, Bad Durkhiem Wine Festival, Octoberfest, Rhine River Cruise, Toured Hitler's Eagles Nest, Dachau Concentration Camp, visited the Salt Mines in Salzburg, Austria and went on the Sound of Music tour, not to mention Pink Floyd Live in Mannheim in 1988 what a show!

----------------

I partied hard in Germany also, unfortunately when we lived there it was Birthday parties9.gif Thanks for sharing. I have some other great Travel stories as an adult in Germany, but I don't want to hijack my own thread . 2.gif

If you had a person with Heritage in their house.. And could arrange a time to demo them, would you go to listen say in Indy? How comfortable would you be to order from him and get it some weeks later since he would not stock it in his house but make it available to you as well? Not sure how the pricing would work out.. but some kind of deal. This is direct marketing and word of mouth at it's finest. And I have considered it, too, to make a deal somehow with Klipsch.

I have often wondered because we all do not have the "perfect rooms" to do this, but many of us have "Good Rooms." I would think a lot of people might be tire kickers... then go straight to eBay. But there has to be also a market where you could see and hear the latest from Klipsch in the Heritage series. As someone (not to brag here, there are many like me on here who can't get enough LOL) who has Heresy, Cornwalls, La Scalas and K horns in different locations in my house. So I have almost all of the "Heritage lineup" to demo and enjoy. (I never have owned a Belle Speaker, but have heard it several times..)

So I go back to my original question? If you had a person with Heritage in their house.. And you both could arrange a time to demo them, would you go to listen say in Indy? How comfortable would you be to order from him and get it some weeks later since he would not stock it in his house but make it available to you as well?

And so you know, I bought new k horns, and have the AK-4 upgrade kit as well. Extremely happy with them!

Klipsch, i don't think ...

will ever go for a dealer without a storefront

you are limited, by having just Heritage speakers, and no other equipment, like some of the home-based. Ultra-High=End guy's

if you had some good $$$$ lines, and maybe were in N.Y.C.

you might make a side biz outta it ....

----------------

On 7/26/2005 9:34:28 AM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

So I go back to my original question? If you had a person with Heritage in their house.. And you both could arrange a time to demo them, would you go to listen say in Indy? How comfortable would you be to order from him and get it some weeks later since he would not stock it in his house but make it available to you as well?

----------------

I am speaking purely for myself because I thought the same thing with a mix of Reference, Heritage and THX. Where I am coming from is my original thoughts when posting this thread.

I was upset because I went to 4 dealers in my area which had multiple lines of Klipsch speakers (as per the website) only to go there to find they only stocked one line, or didn't have the speakers hooked up to listen. That was the case in all 4 places I went. In fact I am not sure they had the stock other than the floor models.

The first place I went was the scenario you mentioned, only with the THX line of speakers. It was at a persons house in a residential area. To be honest I felt uncomfortable going in a strangers house to audition speakers. In fact I joined the "DFW Hornheads" to be able to audition the Heritage line, and still feel a little uncomfortable going to a persons house to audition speakers, which I will be doing sometime in the next couple of weeks. I understand where you are coming from with your question.

That being said, none of the other 3 "dealers" I went to had a {edit:Klipsch}HT system up and running and all said they could order any speaker I wanted. Two of the dealers I called and asked, "Do you have the THX system set up?" Both answered yes. after driving both times an hour from my house only to find that, yes they had them set up, but no I couldn't audition them because of various problems, blew my mind.

IMHO, there is a reason that they don't want the RF-7's and the THX line auditioned together although I would like to hear that A/B test (with towers all of the way around instead of the RS-7's) Trey said at the Pilgrimage that he thought there was going to be a resurgence in "two channel" listening. I don't buy it. I was impressed with the LaScala set up we heard, but I think I am in a minority insofar as people that would even consider those for home theater, with what is out there today.

To end with the Klipsch "dealer" who is closest to me has a pair of RF-7's and a pair of RF-5's both in hooked up to multi channel Denons but in a stereo configuration. The guy was extremely nice and my parting comment to him was that I really wish he could set these up in a HT format because they are excellent home theater speakers and would sound real impressive to a potential buyer. I also told him that I have 3 setups (one in a commercial location) that I would gladly demo for anyone that is interested--Needless to say I think he took it as a backhanded gesture (and with my frustration it may well have been)

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.2.gif

----------------

On 7/26/2005 10:17:03 AM Duke Spinner wrote:

well, Indy ...

i can't say as i , too, have thought about the very same thing

esp. since my living room is already wall to wall Heritage speakers...

but, unless your in a Metro area, NYC, LA ....

how ya ever gonna make it pay ...?? ....
7.gif

----------------

I started thinking about that. The dealer who had the setup in his home (no store front) would only have to sell 2 THX systems a month to make his mortgage payment and I am guessing have quite a bit left over.....Hmmmm.

I plan on buying quite a bit when my house is done but that doesn't count I know.

There has been talk of trying to creat a program where heritage owners can demo in their house to help people find a place to listen to them. Thats how I heard heritage and I'd be all for it.

EDIT: Man, just saw the 2nd page of replies. "What Roger said". Seriously though, having a line of speakers that you have to go to someone's home to demo, that might even be a cool marketing thing.

I bought "a" heresy new in 1987 and my roomate bought the other, He got em when we went our seperate ways. I wanted to buy new and then came the braces for the oldest and then I wanted to buy new and my wife wanted to move and then I wanted to buy new and the yougest needed braces and then I wanted to buy new and I changed careers and then I wanted to buy new and the roof needed replacing,,,I am sure this scenario will never end but I will buy new someday!

I live in Austin and back in Nov of 2003 called the local Klipsch dealer and asked to order a pair of new La Scalas. They informed me that Klpsch had stopped making them. So I started calling Klipsch dealer around Texas to ask them about used La Scalas and got to College Station Audio/Video(I think that is the name of the store) and was told about the upgraded Heritage. So I had to drive almost 2 hours to place my order and pick them up. Payed $3500 for the grilled La Scalas.

Xman