O.T. I've Been Robbed!!

BEC

A guy came up to my house today saying he had run out of gas about a half mile down the road from me. He asked if he could buy a couple of gallons of gas to get going and back to a station. I had (I thought) a couple of 2 gallon plastic cans of gas for my lawn mower in the shed. In fact I had 4 2 gallon cans with one empty, one with about 1 gallon and 2 full cans a couple of days ago. All are gone now except for the empty one. Someone has taken all my lawn mower gas in the last couple of days. I guess with the price of gas these days, need to lock that stuff up.

Bob

That kind of thing burns me up. 14.gif

My brother and myself ran out of gas in a boat one time on the Ohio river and we made it to shore at a tiny town just as the sun was setting. We started knocking on doors until one nice lady said to take their 5 gallon can. We used the gas and returned it empty with a twenty dollar bill tucked underneath the lid.

----------------

On 8/12/2005 8:00:45 PM Duke Spinner wrote:

damn nieghborhood kids ..which one just got his own wheels ....???

too bad it wasn't ....

Diesel ....
9.gif

----------------

There was a five gallon can full of diesel for the tractor right next to the gas cans. Guess the thief was not completely stupid. I wish he had poured that diesel in his Ford Tempo.

Bob

My company does environmental remediation. As part of a fuel spill clean-up at an old bulk plant, we recovered thousands of gallons of mixed gasoline and diesel fuel from several groundwater wells. We set up a locked storage tank to hold about 500 gallons at a time for transport to a disposal facility. Now this is an old, degraded mixture of rotten fuel and scum that costs our clients about $4.00 per gallon to dispose of. Yup, we were robbed several times of hundreds of gallons. Saved our clients some money and thieves got justice at the same time. Their vehicles must have been coughing blood. 11.gif9.gif

Well, yes I have a suspect. An employee quit a couple of days ago after only working three days. He said his reason for quitting was that he found out he was eligible to draw unemployment compensation and needed to not have a job to do that. Since I called the employment office to inform them that he had had worked for me but had quit, I may have been subjected to a bit of retaliation. Can't prove that though. If I could prove it, I would be even more generous to him. I know where he lives and would take the 5 gallons of diesel he left and pour it into his Tempo myself just to show there are no hard feelings.

Bob

Yes, it is rough at the pump. But, you can fight back on that one a bit. Around here, you have to pre-pay or use a credit card at the pump at almost all stations. Might as well get one of the specific cash back gas cards that are out there now and use it specifically for gas and pay it off each month. I have two of them. I put $52.00 in diesel in my truck today. Only good thing about that is that Discover will give me back $2.60 on that. If you use a lot of gas or diesel, those cards are a no-brainer. They save time at the pump and give you some of your money back.

There is a 5% gas card from Discover and a 6% from Chase. There are likely more of them. Just don't ever fail to pay them off monthly. Bad interest rate on them if you carry a balance.

Bob

Maybe the fellow who stole the pressure washer out of my carport took your gas to run the pressure washer. But, I hope my thief was in the hospital. Just took the prime suspect up to the VA to get in treatment. Thought I might put the word out at the neighborhood crack head C-Store that I'm looking for a good deal on a nice used pressure washer... hoping I could buy it back cheap.

----------------

On 8/13/2005 11:27:13 AM Duke Spinner wrote:

----------------

On 8/12/2005 10:18:34 PM BEC wrote:

I put $52.00 in diesel in my truck today.

Bob

----------------

that ain't bad ....

i put $ 42 in my Ranger .....
7.gif

----------------

Yeah, but I did that three times this week on the same truck, Can you top that?

Bob

"Someone has taken all my lawn mower gas in the last couple of days."

When I was a rotten little twit, I snarfed the lawn mower gas to get to town to get drunk. Took it out of the lawn mower itself.

The next morning mother told me the step-old-man needs to rap with you out in the shop.

I didn't get that sliding door open 6 inches and BAM!! right in eye. I had a nasty ol' shiner for 2 weeks.

I asked for that big time......

With the price of gas lately, It would be wise to lock up gasoline. Can't take it for granted anymore I suppose.