UPS killed my amp/anyone had luck with a settlement?

Fast1

Just got my used Rotel RB 1090 and UPS killed it. I spent several hours repairing one channel card and case. I want some compensation for this since I paid for the insurance. I heard UPS was bad about this, but I would be so lucky. I got a great deal and the insurance payoff will not get me another so I want a settlement or a replacement unit. Any thought of where I should go from here? By the way it sounds great NOW!

Brandon

You may not have a claim now since you fixed it. Not sure of all the legal stuff but it probablly will take a huge amount of time and probably money to get your insurance money back and you will probably lose money in the process.

Xman

You have received a damaged item and you have waited long enough to do repairs on it without filing a claim!?!?!?!?!?!

You cannot simply wait until you are dissatisfied with the unit's condition and then file a claim! ...Regardless of how the damage was done!

I fear that YOU may have screwed yourself! As the terms of a claim are to report it immediately!

And you should have had it insured for the full replacement value - assuming you file a claim properly! But I suspect that this is all moot now!

And they DO NOT provide "replacement units"!!!!!

Good luck!!!!!

Hahaha!

Silly me, I read: "and UPS killed it. I spent several hours repairing one channel card and case. I want some compensation for this since I paid for the insurance. I heard UPS was bad about this"

And I was silly enough to interpret this as meaning the shipper UPS!

But now I discover that this is the 'wrong' UPS?

So evidently the UPS "killed" it!? And the UPS is manufacturered by WHO??? Silly me! I thought words meant things! So much for saying what you mean and meaning what you say!

Why do I get the distinct impression that he may have been one who was involved with writing the terms of the UPS manufacturer's warranty conditions!?!?!?!

How? What evidence is there to support this other then the emotional feelings of the user!.

Heck, thus far he has a better claim with the SHIPPER UPS!!!!!

Hahahahaha!!!!

Who knows to what we are referring here!

Is this the place I should ask if cables sound differently?

Sorry folks, but I am quite enjoying the comic relief element of this thread!

The generalized generalizations based on an amorphous UPS manufacturer, without regard to whomever they are and whatever their policies are as we all speculate as to what they will or won't do, should do , or to whatever and however the UPS CAUSED the damage is hilarious!

Tell you what, why don't we simply delete the word "UPS" and just make a statement about 'anything' causing a 'problem', (whatever it was!!!), and then spend endless hours speculating on what it should or shouldn't do and speculate as to what it should be required to do!

9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif

Just to clarify, I received the unit on 8/15/2005 at 5:30 pm. I had my claim form with UPS filed my 11:00pm the same evening. I did the repairs because I am pretty sure I will just get screwed on this so I wanted to make sure it was repairable. As I tore down, I just decided to fix it while I was there. Made about 5 bypass links on the L channel board to fix it due to a break in the board. I

UPS has paid for several damaged items that I've received. I have found them to be fair and quick in taking care of a legitimate damaged goods claim. They don't necessarily pay what you paid, they will pay the replacement cost, and it's up to you to show the value of the item.

They always pay the shipper though, so you will be at the mercy of whomever shipped it to you. Since you've toyed with it, they may not be willing to help you. The procedure would be to get a full refund and send it back to the seller and let them put the claim in for the damaged goods that they packed up and paid the insurance on.

What I've done on the more expensive purchases, is to pay for the shipping and insurance myself, on my own UPS account. That way any settlement claim is paid to me.

Greg

I too have had good luck with UPS. I paid 1800 for three Academies. One was damaged. Seller/Shipper filed a claim, UPS stopped out to look at the box then took the damaged speaker and packing material. About 3 weeks later I had a check (from the seller not UPS) for 600 bucks, 1/3 the total insured value. Could not ask for much more.

Good Luck.

----------------

On 8/16/2005 12:00:06 PM greg928s4 wrote:

What I've done on the more expensive purchases, is to pay for the shipping and insurance myself, on my own UPS account. That way any settlement claim is paid to me.

Greg

----------------

Greg has the best approach in becoming your own shipper. Get your own UPS account, so you are the claimant and no third party is involved. I do the same for my expensive or rare shipments. I've also handled claims as the shipper.

Never had a problem with UPS, as they have settled quickly and for the entire amount of the insured item. The have always sent inspectors to view the damaged goods though. I always take pictures of the merchandise before boxing, then picture of boxes after packing. Those photos are included with the claim documents. After settlement, I generally allow UPS to leave the damaged goods with the recipient, because I have no need for damaged goods.

Wish you the best.

Wes

heres the deal with claims thru ups first you have to have all the packing materials that it was shipped in , next the sender has to start the claim, next ups will contact you and give you a choice 1 they take the amp with them and have it and packing materials inspected to see if it was packed properly, or they will send someone to your house to look at the amp and packing materials, if they decide the amp was packed properly they will contact the sender and ask for proof of shipment (receipt from store shipped from), and proof of value(a receipt of what it was sold for or a statement from orion bluebook will also work), they will ask the shipper if they want the full price of the insurance or the cost to repair the unit. the process takes about 4 weeks, if they decide it was poor packing they will not cover the damage, if you discarded the packing materials they will not cover damages. i have filed at least 6 claims over the last year or so and all have been paid i just had to wait them out and stay on them constant calls, and when they do pay up it will be paid to the shipper not you , so you have to hope the shipper is honest as they can fesiably ask you to return he amp before refunding your $$$$$ 10.gif Joe

Thanks for the replies, because of the VERY poor customer service of the sender, I will more than likely just initiate a chargeback on my card and let them deal with it. The sender does not even answer the phone and this will hurt them in the chargeback war. I have a merchant account and I fear chargebacks, we will see how they handle it.

Also in regards to the dragonfyr, I guess everyone else was on board with this topic, you seem like the type to prod an animal until it bites, IA, like to stir the pot. I would prefer you to just stick to the topic and have seen you in other threads slandering others for no apparent reason. Not cool! Most are here to learn and inquire, not badger. Is the internet the place of choice for you so you can badger without recourse?

Anyway, thanks everyone else.