New forum looks

J.4knee

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see we are going to have some growing pains with the new forum look. Right now its too wide for my screen. I dont know if i can correct at my end. Or if the moderater can correct this problem. Ill wait and see what happens in the next couple of weeks. Every thing looks fresh & new. It reminds me of the Lansing forum in some ways. It was a rough first 3 hours for me to get some things in order. I still have to shift things L& R to post.

Has anyone mentioned the new search engine or atleast the way it is displayed. It seem to be very sensitive and results in alot more irrelevant results. It also shows results for the same thread over and over. Now I dont know if thats a good thing or not. for me its just different, and seems harder to find relevant threads. The archives are my favorite part of the forum.

I do like the ability to search all or multiple areas at the same time.

and I really really like the unanswered tab, great idea!!!!

Wayne

I increased the font size and that helped a lot. Thanks for the

heads up. However, reading this grey type is giving me a

headache. Also the main page looks boring and really, relly

bland.

Yuck! Llooks like something an accounting professional organization

would setup, instead of a place full of gearheads, rock and rollers and

other assorted maniacs and wierdos. (got to stop talking about

myself that way).

Oh! Really? You mean I can email myself but not PM myself? Strange concept!

I email myself all the time...not usually on the forums but I can envision the occasion (like if I find an interesting pdf or image). I can just click the email me thing button and then go from there (it just saves a few clicks). I suppose the same could be argued about the PM though [;)]

It seems to all mesh together when your looking for a particular section. Hard on the eyes. This one is alot slower for a dial up internet user. I know I am probally the only one left on the planet. I don't see my smilies, but I do see the insert smiley. I dont' know what they look like so I dont' know if I would use them. [:)] test

Klipsch ought to make the block headings on each section a darker color so they don't bleed together. It would make looking for a particular thread much faster. I like a cool blue, anything would work better than it barely having any contrast to determine which section your looking at especially with the new smaller print.

I can barely read anyone's replys except steeler fans. His is nice and clear. All the rest are small and fuzzy/broke up. The home forum page the print is so small I just have to guess what forum it is. The RE at the top of each message is perfectly clear. All of the responses in the message part are garbled. I have all ready set my font size to large in the control panel. Are there other settings somewhere. This is the only website I'm having problems with.

The pictures are perfectly clear.

Klipsch ought to make the block headings on each section a darker color so they don't bleed together. It would make looking for a particular thread much faster. I like a cool blue, anything would work better than it barely having any contrast to determine which section your looking at especially with the new smaller print.

This gets at a couple of things that definitely bother me -- very weak contrast of the topic headings in each forum's list, and the lack of color richness and interest because of the exclusive focus on black, gray, and earth tones. So many web sites are so very lively because of a nice mix of spunky colors like blue, green and often a little red. While it looks like Klipsch is trying to carry a color theme with the rest of its website, it out-and-out lacks spiff and interest.

At the very least, contrast should be increased by making the earth-tone lettering darker. And in the topic headings in each forum, the page numbers at the right should be both and darker. I'm still clicking on the first page of threads instead of the last, because those numbers are so pale and tiny, and require a hard search.

Others have rightly referred to the readily apparent size imbalances between avatars vs. usernames and other information. On the whole, it seems to me that these matters could use more web design expertise.