NEW CORNWALL III'S

toomanyspeakers

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That price sounds like what would be right for the new LaScala. If that's what it is, it is a very fine speaker.

My impression was that the Cornwall III is still in the final stages in the lab at Klipsch.

Whatever shows up will bring a smile to your face with good sound.

I bought my Cornwalls after hearing them hooked up to a cheap Japanese receiver with the speakers stacked one on top of the other in a CROWDED 8 x 10 room. They sounded like CRAP, but I just KNEW they were going to be GREAT--that was about 20 years ago and I'm still listening!

I admire the guts to pop $3300 on intuition!

Sensational![<:o)] I am looking forward to be able to audition these CWIII's in Holland. I read in some post a long time ago that Klipsch were working on more reasonable prices in Europe (as opposed to more than twice a sexpensive)

Congrats! Cheers, Tim.

How are my old Heresy II,Tim? Still sing ?[:)]

I was just at the factory. The CW3 IS NOT IN PRODUCTION. You might want to double check delivery time with your dealer. There were about 20 of us in Hope recently. Don't you think they would have given us prices, brochures and ship dates if they were available?

The only two new speakers in production are the Heresy 3 and the improved LaScala, both of which we saw in production.

Michael

I purchased from Kens Stereo in Macon. I phoned Klipsch today and spoke with someone in the help center and he indicated that he had heard the new Cornwalls and that the crossover had just been finally tweaked. He thought that the K-33 woofer was to be used but that the mid and high frequency horns were new.

I hope that the speakers will be in production before long.

Sorry Dan, I don't understand why people would be telling you that. Go under General to the Heritage Gathering thread, to Updates to the CW3 thread.

We spoke personally to the chief engineer in charge of the project. It's definitely a new woofer and tweeter and the woofer location has changed and it's a new crossover and saw ONE TEST UNIT at this time. They didn't even have it in a pretty box, just plywood with screw head visible everywhere. About 20 of us saw and heard it and as of last Saturday, it wasn't necessarily the final unit.

There is no release date nor price estimate. There is basically no possible way that an Authorized Klipsch Dealer should have taken your money at this time for an advance order.

Amy Unger, Forum Moderater in Indy, just posted today that there was no information available.

It's still gonna be a while before you see a completed Cornwall III. Not to discourage you, but someone is pulling your leg. Please stay tuned for new developments, but you are not hearing the truth my friend.

Michael

Plywood? Stop teasing Michael, you're gonna get my hopes up!

I'd like to see the forum administrators provide a yes or no (not a Clintonian) answer to these 2 questions:

1) Has the decision been made to put the CW III into production?

2) Have your dealers been provided with a price list?

That would pretty much end the speculation.

It's occured to me that "no information available" may just mean "no

information available for public release". Perhaps this dealer has let

the cat (or maybe I should say Cornwall) out of the bag!