Amy

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

Just took a look at the new specs for the Heresy III. The frequency response numbers don't reflect any additional bass. Have the specs been revised yet.?

Those are preliminary specs, we'll get the final ones soon.

I mean, come on guys, would you rather our engineers be working furiously on getting the Cornwall ready, or measuring product that's already finished? [;)]

• Moderators

no model numbers for Khorn? Like Khorn II - surely there have been enough driver, lens and Xover changes to merit some form of version numbering...

dropping Khorn as a commonly used name?

[*-)]

I can't speak for sure on why the decision was made, but if it were me acting alone... The Klipschorn is our signature speaker, the "corner" of Klipsch, so to speak. If we modified it drastically, it should get a new and completely different name. By just keeping it "up to date," essentially remaining the outstanding speaker it has always been--with just some tweeks here and there--it deserves to remain named as is.

That's just my opinion [:)]

Just took a look at the new specs for the Heresy III. The frequency response numbers don't reflect any additional bass. Have the specs been revised yet.?

Those are preliminary specs, we'll get the final ones soon.

I mean, come on guys, would you rather our engineers be working furiously on getting the Cornwall ready, or measuring product that's already finished? [;)]

Spoken like a true corporate clone.[;)]

Tom

Has anyone seen the new Khorn with the "collar" or indent between upper and lower sections removed? Comments?

What about the new horizontal wall seal? I'm having trouble picturing it. Any comments on that?

I think it was a great idea to beef up the LaScala bass bin to get every last drop of bass out of it. Obviously it needs more bass.

Don't know about the Heresy III yet, but I'm pretty excited. I'm thinking I have a better chance of running into it than the other new models.

Hey Amy, how much for a pair of Cornwall III cabinets? WIll you take classic vert cabinet trade ins? [;)]

Looks like a nice job in progress here. Glad to see it is really happening. Thanks Klipsch.

• Moderators

Tehe [:)]

AnalOg,

Actually, my post is 100% true. As I've noted before, I sit right outside the office of "the man behind the curtain"....or in this case, behind the Heritage, and when I asked him for specs this morning, I heard his conversation with the engineer in Hope (on speaker phone).

Our employees in Hope have notoriously wonderful manners, and he was eager to comply with my request until he indicated that something involving the Cornwall could be put aside for a moment while he ran the measurements.

That's when the man behind the Heritage said, "no no no, we'll get some preliminary specs up, get to 'em when you can!"

So there you have the rest.....of the story.

[:)]

Anyway, we should have the actual numbers soon....

• Moderators

Hey Amy, how much for a pair of Cornwall III cabinets? WIll you take classic vert cabinet trade ins? [;)]

Looks like a nice job in progress here. Glad to see it is really happening. Thanks Klipsch.

I'll let everyone else comment on the new look... My opinions are obviously biased. Still waiting on pics from marketing... I'll head over there with my cattle prod.

Not sure on pricing yet for the Cornwall IIIs. Sorry, no trade ins!

Thanks for the kind words. We're very proud of the products. [:)]

Amy/Trey,

Does the new La Scala really use a tractix horn for the tweeter? Is it using a similar horn to the what HIII and CW III are/will be using? All of the previous images look like the same K77 exponential horn as before. Don't get me wrong this is not a complaint. I thought the Tweeter had a crisper/cleaner sound when we saw it in Indy. I too would like to offer my congrats to the developement team for the infusion of fresh DNA into the heritage line without dismissing the line's traditional sonic characteristics.

R/Jim

• Moderators

Amy/Trey,

Does the new La Scala really use a tractix horn for the tweeter? Is it using a similar horn to the what HIII and CW III are/will be using? All of the previous images look like the same K77 exponential horn as before. Don't get me wrong this is not a complaint. I thought the Tweeter had a crisper/cleaner sound when we saw it in Indy. I too would like to offer my congrats to the developement team for the infusion of fresh DNA into the heritage line without dismissing the line's traditional sonic characteristics.

R/Jim

Hmm, let me double check that. I could've confused the two products...

I just went to look at the new Las pics..... Very nice. But I have to wonder, which one of the photographers forgot to dust off the bottom before he took the pics?

FIRE HIM, Hire Me! Of course I'd have to wear a drool bib whenever I got around the speakers....

Michael