New Heritage

Amy

Amy/Trey,

Does the new La Scala really use a tractix horn for the tweeter? Is it using a similar horn to the what HIII and CW III are/will be using? All of the previous images look like the same K77 exponential horn as before. Don't get me wrong this is not a complaint. I thought the Tweeter had a crisper/cleaner sound when we saw it in Indy. I too would like to offer my congrats to the developement team for the infusion of fresh DNA into the heritage line without dismissing the line's traditional sonic characteristics.

R/Jim

Last I heard at the Gathering, the LSII was using the K77F, CW3 and H3 were using a K107 Tractrix tweeter. Per Roy and Chris and Trey and visual inspection.

All mids were exponential types. No Tractrix here on any Heritage. They are staying true to PWK's design there.

Michael

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just went to look at the new Las pics..... Very nice. But I have to wonder, which one of the photographers forgot to dust off the bottom before he took the pics?

FIRE HIM, Hire Me! Of course I'd have to wear a drool bib whenever I got around the speakers....

Michael

So instead of dust we'd have saliva on the bottom of the speaker...jeeesh you guys from Indiana [8-)]

So... How thick (or high) is

the La Scala riser? I want to have the same look on my old ones!

I am trying to remember from Indy but the pictures make it look like maybe 1/2 or 3/4 inch risers.

From the above picture, knowing that the MDF is 1", I'd say the riser is at least 2 inches.

Belle is officially listed under discontinued products, sort of sad.

Who knows...maybe 20 years down the road a new Belle Klipsch II will be introduced. If the Cornwall III can be resurrected, there's no saying that the Belle won't come back as well.

Belle is officially listed under discontinued products, sort of sad.

Who knows...maybe 20 years down the road a new Belle Klipsch II will be introduced. If the Cornwall III can be resurrected, there's no saying that the Belle won't come back as well.
Looks like no more Reference vs Heritage Wars for me . [:(] " I'm now officialy a member of the discontinued camp " Hope my little Tirades didn't have anything to do with the Belles demise . [:|] Looks like the next stop for me are the consumer Jubilees !!! Whats the prospect on that Trey ? [li][li][li]

La Belle that sounds like creative talk from marketing [;)]

Hmmmm not sure about that it is a prettied up La Scala and she is very

very beautiful but thats not a Belle bass bin and imo that was the main

difference between them.

The Belle as PWK built them is gone [:(]

So... How thick (or high) is the La Scala riser? I want to have the same look on my old ones!

I am trying to remember from Indy but the pictures make it look like maybe 1/2 or 3/4 inch risers.

From the above picture, knowing that the MDF is 1", I'd say the riser is at least 2 inches.

Yeah I was looking at the picture and the angles are deceiving. I just don't remember how much of a riser it was. I would not sweat that too much your bass bin walls are only 3/4" so there is going to be some differences I would just make it to your content and not sweat the dimensional detail too much. But I too have been kicking this idea around some.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />