• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

Amy/Trey,

Does the new La Scala really use a tractix horn for the tweeter? Is it using a similar horn to the what HIII and CW III are/will be using? All of the previous images look like the same K77 exponential horn as before. Don't get me wrong this is not a complaint. I thought the Tweeter had a crisper/cleaner sound when we saw it in Indy. I too would like to offer my congrats to the developement team for the infusion of fresh DNA into the heritage line without dismissing the line's traditional sonic characteristics.

R/Jim

You are correct, the La Scala does NOT use a tractrix horn. It was my mistake.

The Heresy III and Cornwall III will have a Tractrix high frequency horn.

Might be biased 'cause I just bought them, but I like the old LaScala looks better than the new one - but that's just me. I bought them in fear of the change and now I am glad I did. The drivers and lenses appear to be the same, and I suppose the new one uses the AL-4 network. I can see why some like the styling of the new one better, but for my tastes the old one (2005) is for me.

Paul

• Moderators

Amy

Please give our appreciation for the HARD WORK that Everyone at Klipsch has done to see that the HERITAGE LINE Continues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've always loved the looks of both the La Scala and Belle Klipsch and this combination looks Beautiful to me!!!!

Thanks mike[:D]

Thank you, Mike, I'll pass this along.

oscarsear:

From the website for the Khorn:

In 2005, the company made some minor cosmetic and functional revisions to this legendary speaker, including the elimination of the inset collar, or spacer, between the upper and lower cabinets for a cleaner aesthetic appearance. A horizontal wall seal was added to improve the low frequency horn's connection to the wall.

From the website for the Khorn:

In 2005, the company made some minor cosmetic and functional revisions to this legendary speaker, including the elimination of the inset collar, or spacer, between the upper and lower cabinets for a cleaner aesthetic appearance.

Technically it's still there, just set further back and much thinner... looks to be about 1/2", right? The top cabinet is also now flush with the bass bin...

BTW i like the look... and always thought the model "C" was equally as nice (as the "B"). This is kinda half way inbetween (model "BC"?) I remember Greg928 mentionning he also thought the "C" had a cleaner look

What was changed on the khorn? The collar and networks?

Seems like the collar was reduced, and the top decorative panel on the bass bin was eliminated...

Here is the old Klipschorn with the original collar vs the new:

Nice comparison Rob. I guess there's less veneer work on the new one!

I'd have to see them in person to really be sure which I like best.

Someday I'll buy a brand new pair of Klipschorns. That'll be sweet.

...but I like the old LaScala looks better than the new one - but that's just me. I bought them in fear of the change...

So did I.

Not me the pictures on the website do not do the new Lascala justice in person that speakers looks awesome. If I could afford new ones it would be a done deal. It also helps that they sound incredible.

Craig

Dear Amy,

thanks for your hard work on the forum and the Heritage presence on the

main site. As you know, the Cornwall III thread has been one of intense

interest. Here's my 2 cents, and if you'd pass it along to to the CW

III design team, that would be wonderful:

1. The CW is a big speaker and there is no getting around that. So,

make it narrower (by about 4 inches) and make it deeper (by the same

amount to preserve the volume).

2. Give it a gently curved front to make it look more moderne (not misspelled)

3. With the increased depth either re-create the K601 or use the K501

(whatever the the LS is using). Please don't let it be "just" the

Heresy's big brother with the same mid and tweeter horns. It deserves

better than that.

4. Promote it and the other new Heritage units, and promote them vigorously.

Take the "invisible speaker" HT crowd head on and do some consumer

education. What K&A needs is an Evangelist. Someone who can reach

the older Boomers in McMansions and educate the younger boom-car crowd

at the same time.

Devoted CW II owner (4 of 'em)

:

Craig,

In the listening room at Hope, after hearing the new Cornwalls, the new LaS slapped a wide, silly grin on me. I love the 2 pr. I have, but I was saying "wow" to the new ones. The next step, however, is what I'm after; the two way setup was awesome.

SSH