do ya ever get tired?

colterphoto1

But I don't agree with jt1stcav ---

Having a woman for a woman's sake is not the way to happiness--half of them will drive you out of your mind. And I'm sure they will say the same about us men!!!! Watching a woman spending all your money doesn't make me happy!

Anyway--you've got to work on what you love to be happy. Music and photography are easy to love. If you're lucky enough to have a great partner, count your blessings. But don't spend alot of time searching for a perfect mate. Happiness comes from doing things you love -- looking for it isn't fun-- If you do find it, hold on tight--

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Micheal,

YEAH, WE ALL GET TIRED,

WE ALL GET PISSED OFF AT THE WORLD!

MOST OF US HATE OUR JOBS TOO!

GET YOUR LAZY *** OUT OF BED AND GET MOVING!

TAKE A WALK,... ENJOY THE FALL COLORS OF THE TREES! Cool Pics, Hmm

THE CRISP CLEAN AIR,

GET A PET! -

LESS

And Just remember that you are not alone.

Clu

Michael, you are not alone, not that it would matter much or make you feel any better I suppose. I'm 42 and not getting any younger myself, so I can relate to your "petty woes".

I have a good friend who's my age and also single. He's a manager of an exclusive[*][*][*][*][*]hotel in Orlando, makes over 6 digits a year salary, and lives in a brand new 3000 square foot house he helped design in an exclusive gated community in Windermere (his neighbors are top Disney execs, Orlando Magic players, and boy band members). He has an awesome HT system I helped design for his exclusive music room (self-indulged props), and a huge master kitchen that even a world-renowned chef would die for (he's an excellent cook, natch). He also plays the guitar and has a pretty sweet collection, including a '60s Gibson Les Paul goldtop and a '69 Fender American Strat (both original except for the strings; he only has a Line 6 combo amp, but it's TOTL). And you should see the octagon-shaped master bathroom in this mini-mansion...it's a lover's paradise with a huge glass and tile shower stall and a pool-size jacuzzi in the center! He's a self-made man who was born below middle class, worked hard as a kid, paid his way through college, and proved to his family that he was going to make something of himself someday (and he succeeded). Even though things seem fabulous for him, he has lots of friends, a great personality, and will bend over backwards to help anyone out, there's one singular flaw that he also shares with us, and it too bothers him at times...he's still a bachelor, and not by choice. He just can't seem to find himself a decent woman, and the one woman he is interested in is unobtainable (already spoken for). He has a good heart and is probably one of only a small handful of men I know that would never treat a woman disrespectfully, and would never lie or cheat and would always be loyal and trustworthy in any relationship. His "petty woe" so he says is his looks...he's no Brad Pitt, but he's no Joseph Merrick either (the Elephant Man). Not every man can be handsome, but he's hung up on his appearance and the fact that his looks prevent him from attracting members of the opposite sex. He's not ugly or freakish, but he is pretty hard on himself lately and it bothers me a bit. I'd hate to see him get into a nasty funk over this (so far I haven't yet myself), just like I'd hate to see you, Michael, get into a nasty funk of depression.

Hi Friends,

I loved moons response. Ha!

Since I'm one of the poorer members here(kg3's & 4's) and just learning about pots, caps, and valves, I get a kick out of finding things along the road. Last week I got a Magnavox console with a nice amp and preamp for 15 bucks and I can't wait to play with them - removal, cleaning, testing and such.

I'm 55 and just starting to get excited about equipment.

We're not talking about music here though. The simplest man in the world can love the music but once you discover the equipment.....

you discover the "Sound".

Bob

Yeah JT, that pretty much hits it on the head. But I'm to chicken S#1t to tell you guys of my petty woes.

Most days I don't even want to get out of bed, let alone do my job or even enjoy my hobby. Empty.....

M

Michael,

Tomorrow you have a reason to get out of bed. By meeting me in Ft. Wayne to deliver the La Scalas you'll be helping me to let another generation of musicians experience the dynamics and clarity of efficient Klipsch horn loaded speakers. I'm excited, get excited too.

Over lunch you can tell me as many of your woes as you see fit. I'm a good listener, I've taken Woes 901, direct-reflecting counselling.

I get tired of it quite often... and I am especially tired of it right now. Things just aren't looking my way. Maybe I'll have a massive gear sale of everything I own soon...

I miss the "old days" of being happy and loving the sound of a simple setup, or even of my ProMedia 5.1's (the first Klipsch speakers I bought). Now, everyone's reviews and such has filled my head with poor thoughts about my system and all I want to do is upgrade. Yet, everytime I do, I get screwed. I think I need out.

Like it was said, we often go about our hobbies either full throttle, or nothing. I have a pile of stuff just sitting, a NIB Clarion line driver/crossover/eq I paid $ 375 for a long time ago, some speakers, ( eminence Delta 12's, crossovers, selenium compression drivers and horns ) and much more.

I have the stuff to put together a set of P.A. cabs, even have the cutsheet made out. Need to pick up a few sheets of plywood, but no real woodworking shop and table saw to cut it. I suppose I could use a circular saw and a clamp on guide, but that is a big PITA. ( I'd love to have a panel saw with a rolling table ) Been on the backburner for a while now.

I also have some supplies for a DIY flexi rack, just need to cut some MDF, finish and assemble. I also need to put a finish on my subwoofer cabinets, shop is currrently full with a chevy pickup I am refurbishing.

I think that the fun is in the hunt, rather than just " having stuff ". Regardless, it is good to get out once in a while and interact with other humans.

Sorry Micheal,

Less got out from the crawl space, I thought that I had her pretty well bricked in. Alas Not.

Then again, she may be pretty rude and wicked, but sometimes right.

Why are you suprised that speakers aren't making you ultimately happy? Have you considered using your incredible talent as a photo-artist to help others might? I have a few ideas that might be cool, if you are interested.

Tom, fishing, to lots of weirdos, and myself, is a sport. If it were a source of food for the family, it might be different. Many area waters have "slot" limits, where you can only keep the mid-sized, and must throw back the smaller and larger, to keep the breeding population up. The majority of trophy sized fish are breedable females, and when removed from the chain, could cause future populations to dwindle, plus the smaller ones are usually just better eats.

I mounted a 30", 10 lb. Walleye, and regret it to this day. However, and in my defense, this was from a Canadian wilderness area, where over-fishing is not an issue. Now a days, a plastic model can be duplicated from the pix, to hang on the wall for bragging purposes.

Get a kid hooked on fishing, they'll love you for it.

Canadian wilderness fishing!!! My favorite subject. Now you have me longing for the spring fishing trip! We rough it into the bush the end of May every years. Some people just can not understand the absolute joy of being in the wilderness and catching fish at your liesure. I eat a few and bring a few back but I throw 95% of what I catch back and love every minute of it.

I kept this one though

post-7461-13819274379468_thumb.jpg

if you want a reason to feel better about your stereo systems you are welcome to come over to my house and listen to mine[:'(]

it is certain to send you home jazzed to hear your own gear again.

and it might make you want to help us both out by selling me some corns

or ls, after all it IS better to give (read sell) than receive.

seriously though don't let yourself slip into a real funk before

seeking some professional help. there is nothing funny about depression.

Sorry Micheal,

Less got out from the crawl space, I thought that I had her pretty well bricked in. Alas Not.

Then again, she may be pretty rude and wicked, but sometimes right.

Why are you suprised that speakers aren't making you ultimately happy? Have you considered using your incredible talent as a photo-artist to help others might? I have a few ideas that might be cool, if you are interested.

Sure, hit me!

M