"Corner Model" Heresys

mark1101

Anyone have any info or pictures of these? In the late 70s, early 80s I remember these "corner models" in birch. I don't believe they were industrials, but don't know for sure. They might have been.

The ones I saw were sold by Superior Sound in Syracuse, N.Y. and did not have any handles, just a lot of raw birch finish with the corner extensions out the back of what appeared to be a standard birch heresy.

I have never seen a discussion or any pictures of these on this forum, and was wondering who has any info or pictures, to show off of this elusive model of heresy.

Sorry no help, but I have seen Heresies that were built to be stage monitors. Thus angled up at the musician. Could this have been the model you saw? I know somebody has pix of this type because I have seen them in the HT forum discussed as a possible center channel.

Have not heard of or seen a corner model Heresy...would love to.

EDIT: Found monitor pic

PostAttachment.aspx

I have seen the black industrial "monitor" heresys with the ports and handles that could lay down like monitors. That's not what I was referring to actually, appearance-wise.

The ones I'm talking about were all birch, no handles, can't remember about any ports. Really nice for livingrooms in the corners. Maybe the same dimensions, don't know.

Now, they may have just been a different version of the industrial, and contained industrial components, but I don't recall. The point was that they were these really nicely done birch corner models.

I'm sure someone here has seen what I'm talking about. We may have to wait until tonight.

Thanks

OK, now that I have seen those, that's not what I was talking about. Unless I'm going crazy what I remember was a "regular" heresy of standard dimensions with "corner" backs. So they were quite long and large compared to those monitors above. Now, I just hope I'm not going nuts. That's what I remember. Hopefully, someone will come up with a picture. I could be wrong!!!!

[*-)][8-)]

I have seen many industrial Heresies that are normal i.e. square back. I thought this stage monitor stood up with the woofer on the bottom might have been what you were thinking of, then when I found the picture I realized they had handles and your first post said no handles. So you must have seen a different animal then I ever have.

At any rate what you describe sounds interesting. I think somebody with a little more ambition then me needs to document every type of Heresy ever produced. I would be very interested to know the total. With H1 to H3 now, all the finishes, all the configurations (industrial, standard, decorator, etc.) the number would have to be in the low 100s don't ya think? Well at least more then 3 [;)]

This sounds like a Heresy Stage Monitor, or HSM for short. Although they were designed to lay on the floor on one side, facing up at about a 45 degree angle, they could fit in corners quite nicely. We used to have an big Altec bass reflex corner cabinet with a 604-c in it. The Heresy looked like a scale model of the big box. I would imagine such a speaker could come unfinished - I do know the handles were options.

Some of the Klipsch "Rebels" from the fifties were about the same size as the Heresy, and were actual rear-loaded corner horns.

• 4 years later...

You could put them in the corner easy enough... I'm sure the SM stands for Stage Monitor. They don't make them any more. Most stage monitors are made with two different angles, allowing for different stage configurations, and have the input jacks/crossovers on one end. It probably helped lead them to an early demise in the market.

post-7149-13819513644744_thumb.jpg

Oh, I re-read the original post. I thought Mark was looking for corner loaded woofers, but I mis-read this....

The ones I saw were sold by Superior Sound in Syracuse, N.Y. and did not have any handles, just a lot of raw birch finish with the corner extensions out the back of what appeared to be a standard birch heresy.

I have never seen a discussion or any pictures of these on this forum, and was wondering who has any info or pictures, to show off of this elusive model of heresy.

My Bad!

Dennie