What Are You Thanfull For ?

sunburnwilly

Well for me , first and foremost my family and friends . Secondly , this crazy forum . I purchased a pair of Belles in late June . After I paid for them and arranged shipping I started to do a little research on them . This led me to the forum . " I had no idea there was such a thing " . I had browsed audio asylum on many occasions but it never occured to me to check out the Klipsch website . Anywhoo , since joining the forum there are a few members that I would like to thank , " I'm sure there will be many more to come " . Starting in order - DeanG , A couple of months ago I got into a little pissing match with Dean . The end result was that he offered to rebuild my old AA's for free to prove a point . All I had to do was pay for shipping . In the end Dean rebuilt my AA's , and I contributed $50.00 to the Salvation Army on his behalf , and sent him $50.00 to help cover his expenses . Truthfully , I was going to contribute the other $50.00 to the Red Cross but their website was having problems , so I just sent him the $50.00 . Dean was sincere in his offer , but I am not the type of person that feels good about someone doing something for me free ( Point proven , Thanks Dean ) Next - GaryMD , " and in a roundabout way Tom Adams " . I met Tom and his wife Laura when they came to Chas. to audition some power amps . I was impressed by the Parasound Halo he was auditioning . I found alot of similarities with the Halo and my beloved Quad 606 , " they seemed to have the same breath , if that makes any sense " . Well I had been having balance problems with my amps , the Quad simply overwhelmed my Acurus 100 x 3 . So last month I set out to solve this problem by going after a Halo A 51 , hard . I did not get the Halo ; I was sniped at the end of the auction . The next day GaryMD casualy mentioned he had a single Walnut Belle available for $700.00 , the price he paid for it . " Sometimes things happen for a reason " . Gary could have easily sold his single Belle for more but he didn't . That single Belle purchase opened up a world of opportunities for me , " might be the single most important audio purchase I have made !!! " Thank you Gary !!! If anyone is deserving of 2 wonderfull home systems it's you and your wife Catherine ! Next - WStrickland , " Billy " Billy grew up im my area so inevitably we developed a kinmanship . Billy heard of my amp balancing problems and offered to let me try out his old Carver AV-806x . The thing that intriuged me about the Carver was that it could be bridged to put out 360 watts by 3 channels . Amp balance problem solved ! Billy brought the amp down from Columbia for me to try out at my leisure . It did the trick and he gave me a very good price on it . Thanks Billy , and you are welcome here anytime !!! And lastly ( for now ) - Iwillwalk , " Steve " , Steve found a pair of Belles in his home town of Tallahasse Fla. , and posted a thread on whether or not he should get the Belles even though he did not have the space for them , ( the price for the pair of ' 85 Oak Belles was $850.00 !!! ) Of coarse the answer from almost all responders was YES !!! Except for me ; I proposed that Steve secure the Belles and that I would give him a $200.00 finders fee , ( Steve knows that he could have purchased the Belles and sold them at a tidy profit , but he chose to help a fellow forum member out !!! ) , Thanks Steve , and you are definitely welcome here anytime as well , and DUDE you have got to hear what the 5 Belles can do , WOW !!! Hope all of you forum members have a great holiday , and Thank You for making this forum the great place that it is !!! Willy Puckhaber ps - if you can't tell , I have a problem with paragraph breaks . if anybody could help me out I would be Thankfull ...

My thankfulness goes way past my audio equipment and the men that have helped me on the Klipsch Forum. Those people on this forum whom have inspired me, know whom they are...and I thank them all for being here to answer my email and phone calls.

But mainly I am thankful for my health and internal drive to get up everyday to go to the gym everyday. For without my health...I have ZERO >

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone !!!

Looks like we're going to have about 25 people for dinner. I'll

be thankful when it's all over. Actually, I'm pretty excited

about today. My wifes two nieces brought six college friends down

from Missoula for the weekend - three Moroccan girls, two lesbians and

somebodys boyfriend. One of the lesbians is a superb kayaker,

backcountry skier, and rock climber - we'll try to get out this weekend

and find some snow. A kid that works for me is bringing his

fiance and her little Jewish father from New Jersey - he keeps saying

"now weah tawkin toiky" and it cracks me up every time he says

it. He wants to sit with the Muslims - I don't think the sausage

dressing is going to go over too well in that group. My Chinese

interpreter and her family are coming too including her mother-in-law

that speaks no English at all. We also have a ranch kid from

eastern Montana who has been doing some work for us on the house (think

Eb from Green Acres). One of the Moroccan girls is especially

beautiful and he's been following her around. There are other

relatives and five little kids running around and couple extra

dogs. The girls brought in three guitars, a fiddle, a mandolin,

and a banjo so it looks like we're having some music later. The

house smells great and there is lots of noise. I just put my

special raspberry bread in the oven to bake and found a quiet refuge

here in the den. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and we have

Jews, Christians, Muslims, agnostics, and godless communists here

today. I am very thankful to have a full house for the weekend -

I have no choice anyway. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

God, and the fact that He always comes through for me in spite of myself.

Debbie and kids.

Work, work, work.

This forum, a bigger part of my life than I probably care more to admit. The new friends it's brought me, and even some of the adversarial relationships that have challenged me and helped me to grow.

My wife, my son, my daughters, my father and mother (God rest their souls), my brother and sister and all my in-laws and related family.

I thank my parents for my upbringing and the educational opportunities they gave me early on which have helped me enjoy a wonderful professional career and economic security.

I thank God for my health and that of my family. May it continue.

I am thankful for the help I've received when life has been difficult and uncertain.

I am thankful for all the friends I've made here, some of which I have yet to meet.

I am thankful and so fortunate to be living in the greatest country in the world, and thanks to those who are out fighting the bad guys so we may sleep comfortably in our beds at night.

I thank God for Paul Wilbur Klipsch and how he has brought the finest music in the world effortlessly into our homes, day after day. I hope he is at peace.

Lastly, I am thankful for the humility to recognize that all the above can change in a minute and that balance and goodness is a rare event in the grand scheme of things.

May all those displaced by the acts of God this year find a moment or two of peace today.

God bless you all.

My faith, family and friends. Looking at all that is going on in this world I feel very fortunate to be in a country like ours that is protected and defended by the absolute best we have to offer. I am thankful for our troops who in harms way think not of themselves but of our freedom. I thank God for their unwavering loyalty and protection. This is the first year in quite a while we have not had a handful or more service members or veterans over for our Thanksgiving meal. They are missed and I am thankful for their sacrifice. I would like to ask we all say a prayer for our brave young men and women who see that our freedoms are never taken from us. I am thankful for this day those that come. Happy Thanksgiving everyone I am thankful for you too. God Bless.

R/Jim