Interesting La Scala Mods

seti

They do look very "Interesting," I'd love to listen to them do their thing.

For the record, I've never read anyone around this board say anything bad about Holland. It's been a few years but I love Holland! (Of course how could anyone who grew up racing bicycles not love Holland?!)

Regards,

That concept isn't new and I can't tell you who came up with it first. The braces on the sides of the doghouse prevent resonance. The ported bottom mod has been done. Dennis (djk) has spoken of the optimal port of the La scala which I think was a 10 inch riser/cabinet with two 4 inch ports that are 10 inches long. Couple of guys have done this and settled on 7" ports.

I would love to hear the sound or create something like that of my own.

jc

Bert Doppenberg makes and sell the Oris horn, shown in the pics above. I think that Welborne Labs used to carry them, but not any more. Very pricey, but nice horns. For a long time he also sold an LS bass bin for use with these, and even has his own bass driver available. Also pricey. His website has photos of systems all over the worls who are using his horns, and there are many beautiful ones out there. For example, a dentist has a set in his office, and the sweetspot is in the patient's chair. He says he stays after work to listen to music in his chair.

Bruce

• 5 months later...

I was wondering about the driver in the HF... anybody know what it

would be? It would have to carry some freight to go as a two way with

the LaScala bass bin.

It looks to be a full range lowther driver.

Has anyone heard this combo? I saw many Lowther drivers in the klipsch museum.

I think I have been to this site. Aren't these acutally min-scala cabs, made a little smaller to hold 10 inch drivers?

I may be mistaken..but I think the attachment (attachment is the cut plans for min-scalas) came from either this site or another who also used this type of horn and cabinet mod.

lascala10inch.pdf

Has anyone heard this combo? I saw many Lowther drivers in the klipsch museum.

I think I have been to this site. Aren't these acutally min-scala cabs, made a little smaller to hold 10 inch drivers?

I may be mistaken..but I think the attachment (attachment is the cut plans for min-scalas) came from either this site or another who also used this type of horn and cabinet mod.

Nope, that would be Erik Forker, at his website in Germany:

http://www.volvotreter.de

And his new horns are very cool. The mini LS was this:

post-7149-13819298625142_thumb.jpg