O Holy Night--DO NOT Try this at Home.

fletcherkane

Ok, this is for all of you church goers out there. Even marginal Christians go to Church on Christmas right? Well, as many of you know, when you go to church on Christmas, somebody always has to sing "O Holy Night." This is not a solo for the faint of heart, and IMO I have rarely heard it done well. It is always however, memorable. (Usually because some poor church soprano MURDERED it...)

Well, to the point of this post. In my email inbox this morning is a link to an mp3 file (from my sister in Nashville, TN.)

This has got to be the worst rendition of the carol ever recorded or performed.

I laughed until I cried.

Don't give up early on the song. The best is near the end.

Have fun and feel free to pass it along...

http://www.deathrays.net/audio-jc/holynight.mp3

I didn't listen to the audio file, but I'm pretty sure I know which one it is....

the story behind it makes it even more funny because this is an actual audition tape sent in by the guy for an OPERA! Man, talk about one tone deaf individual...I know an opera singer that was there when the tape was played...and yes, the listened to the entire thing, lol.

O Holy Night is even more difficult than the Star Spangled Banner.

I have heard some awful performances of songs done by supposed vocalists singing to a taped track at weddings and funerals. It can be very embarrassing.