The Road To Forty (NFL Playoff Schedule)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

m00n's picks for round 2

================================

Washington @ Seattle

Seahawks

New England @ Denver

Patties

Pittsburgh @ Indianapolis

Colts

Carolina @ Chicago

Bears

I'm sorry Steeler fans, I REALLY want to support you on this, but I can't with any honesty pick the Steelers over the Colts... [*-)]

And yes, I think there will be a Patties upset over the Broncos.

m00n's picks for round 2

================================

I'm sorry Steeler fans, I REALLY want to support you on this, but I can't with any honesty pick the Steelers over the Colts... [*-)]

And yes, I think there will be a Patties upset over the Broncos.

Steelers have a chance if; their running game is on and they commit ZERO turnovers. Other than that, it is going to be possibly the toughest game this Steelers team has faced. 9.5 DOGS going into Indy is not a great feeling. Just hope Indy is a little rusty with 3 weeks off...

I know Brady is 10-0 in the playoffs, but that team is so banged up, if their division wasn't so bad they would have never made the playoffs. I like Denver to run on the Pats Defense, and in Denver that isn't difficult as long as T.Bell is healthy.

The other two games, Seattle should be able to blank the 'Skins' and IMO out of all the games, Carolina has the best chance for an upset against the Bears. Not sure who was in those uniforms last week but they looked good againsts the Giants.

Washington @ Seattle

Seahawks

New England @ Denver

Broncos

Pittsburgh @ Indianapolis

Colts

Carolina @ Chicago

Panthers

Washington is getting pretty lucky...and they have a bunch of injuries...and the bandaids have to breaking soon

Man I hope New England Loses...sometimes their fans can get obnoxious....I feel Shanahan and his Offense will run up the score and will not allow the NE pathetic offense to catch up...

Colts...Well...they are on a destiny thing this year...Are they better...I dunno...But Peyton is form New Orleans.,...

Chicago is one lucky team.... probably the worst offense yet winning...Ravens did it though didn't they? but I think the Panthers are a good team this year and had their injuries early in season... Plus Delhome is from Breaux Bridge Louisiana...hehehe

Of the three NFC teams left... Redskins, Bears and Panthers, it's the Panthers that worry me the most. They look very dangerous.

Not Seattle? Everyone picks them to walk to the Big Dance?

Steelers played the Bears in week 14. At that time the Bears were #1 in defense, then again they were in the weakest division in the NFL and at that time they had only played two teams with an above .500 record...not saying much. That is probably the biggest difference between them and with Baltimore in '01.

Just hope the Steelers defense shows up and our linebackers can get to Manning. We were able to get to him last year, but this year they are a completly different team.

Of the three NFC teams left... Redskins, Bears and Panthers, it's the Panthers that worry me the most. They look very dangerous.

Not Seattle? Everyone picks them to walk to the Big Dance?

Steelers played the Bears in week 14. At that time the Bears were #1 in defense, then again they were in the weakest division in the NFL and at that time they had only played two teams with an above .500 record...not saying much. That is probably the biggest difference between them and with Baltimore in '01.

Just hope the Steelers defense shows up and our linebackers can get to Manning. We were able to get to him last year, but this year they are a completly different team.

jagangjee,

m00n is a Seattle fan - so of course, he's worried about everyone else posing a threat to his team.

I see m00n's going with the home teams this week - and I think that's pretty good advice. After 3 of 4 road teams won last week, I expect the rested "homers" to do much better this week. The exception is New England: I'm picking them over the Broncos - but I'm taking all of the other home teams this week.

Cower, Shanahan, Belichick, Dungy, Holmgren, Gibbs, Fox, Smith (in no

particular order). Are these guys the cream of the crop or

what? I think it's a playoff of the best coaches this

weekend. There should be some good games.

I'm hoping for a Denver v. Seattle Superbowl (after an epic Denver v.

Indy AFC championship coming on the heels of a dramatic Denver v.

New England playoff game). A Shanahan v. Holmgren Superbowl - I'd

like to see that rematch.

This is the best NFL weekend of the year. Four great matchups, all rematches of earlier regular season games.

I'll bet that Detroit would prefer a different matchup than Seahawks/Broncos at the XL. Why? Detroit benefits more with teams closer to the region (like Indy, Chicago, Pittsburgh and New England in particular), because of the tourist $$$ factor. The ticket brokers will be in much the same mindset. Seattle and Denver will mean less fans in Detroit buying hotels and food/drink - most would not drive to make the trip - and there are only so many airline seats available to make that trek. Detroiters would probably prefer that Pittsburgh make it, actually, from what I'm reading on Detroit forums - since that's where Jerome Bettis is from.

And since I'm going to the game, I have more than a passing interest in who gets there. I want the Colts and the Bears (OH YEAH) at the XL. It's gonna be Super Bowl week "winter style" - and The "D" will party down harder if the Bears and either Indy/Pit/NE are there. It would be DA BOMB if it happened that the year I get Super Bowl tix at face value, the Bears would make it there - on the 20th anniversary of the best day in Bears history.

Ahhhhhhh......the PLAYOFFS[:D]

Congrats on the Superbowl lottery. We got a pair of tickets for

#38 in Houston. Had friends to stay with and everything but then

couldn't make it. A ticket broker bought the tickets for $,$$$

and we bought a big screen TV to watch the game. I still wish we

could've made it to the game though. We keep putting in every

year. A friend of mine has gotten tickets twice. It's

really cool when the tickets arrive and you finally have them in your

hands and you know that, for a few hours, you'll be in

the-place-to-be. Be sure to post pics of the tics (and game) so we can all burn with

envy.

jagangjee,

m00n is a Seattle fan - so of course, he's worried about everyone else posing a threat to his team.

Yup, Seattle fan here, I was saying that of the three, The Panthers are the biggest threat to Seattle.

I see m00n's going with the home teams this week -

Except that I'm thinking New England like you.